PDA

View Full Version : Bama QB played with 2 cracked ribs...

Collier11
1/8/2010, 04:23 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls09/news/story?id=4807296

Petro-Sooner
1/8/2010, 04:32 AM
cant wait to watch this one on replay.

badger
1/8/2010, 08:47 AM
Their OL was garbage...

swardboy
1/8/2010, 09:17 AM
Well then, that was a gutty performance and explains the poor perfromance on his part.....and Alabama must not have any other QB's.

kelloggOUballa
1/8/2010, 09:35 AM
I don't think 2 ribs would make up for how awful he is. Bama should be thankful for a running game and great defense.

GreenSooner
1/8/2010, 09:41 AM
I don't think 2 ribs would make up for how awful he is.

But he hasn't lost a game since the 8th grade!

I bet you didn't know that :rolleyes:

soonerloyal
1/8/2010, 10:16 AM
cant wait to watch this one on replay.

Friday, 8 January - Replay of BCS Championship: Alabama vs. Texas 4:00 p.m. Central, ESPNU

jthomas666
1/8/2010, 10:39 AM
Well then, that was a gutty performance and explains the poor perfromance on his part.....and Alabama must not have any other QB's.The backup was a AJ McCarron, a true freshman who hasn't taken a snap; if we had been forced to play him, we would have burned his redshirt.

The cracked ribs explains a lot; when the pocket collapsed, McElroy was looking to protect his ribs instead of trying to throw the ball away.

SoonerMom2
1/8/2010, 11:02 AM
The backup was a AJ McCarron, a true freshman who hasn't taken a snap; if we had been forced to play him, we would have burned his redshirt.

The cracked ribs explains a lot; when the pocket collapsed, McElroy was looking to protect his ribs instead of trying to throw the ball away.

Thanks for the info -- wondered what was wrong because of how he played when under pressure -- didn't look like him at all. It sure explains why such conservative play calling by Alabama. I am even more glad they won then I was before.

cvsooner
1/8/2010, 01:07 PM
I wouldn't say the OL was crap. They can sure run block...two runners with over 100 yards each. Pass blocking, not so much...but admittedly against one of the better DLs in the country.