PDA

View Full Version : Why Colt Would NOT Have Won

Eielson
1/8/2010, 01:50 AM
I'm surprised that even plenty of OU fans haven't caught onto this. I would consider Alabama to have one of the top 5 defenses in college football. There are two other defenses in the Big XII that Colt played that I would consider top 5 defense (Nebraska and Oklahoma). Does anybody recall how he did in these two games?

Oklahoma:
http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=292900251

Stat Line: 21/39, 127 yards, 1 touchdown, 1 interception
Play of Game: Tackling cornerback who just intercepted his pass

Nebraska:
http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=293390158

Stat Line: 20/36, 184 yards, ZERO touchdowns, THREE interceptions
Play of Game: Throwing ball out of bounds with two seconds left

So basically this 2/2, 9 yards performance against Alabama is his best performance against a top notch defense this year. The second half that Gilbert had was better than anything Colt could have done.

Leroy Lizard
1/8/2010, 01:57 AM
Bama wouldn't have shelled up if Colt had stayed in. Bama wins anyway.

SoonerPr8r
1/8/2010, 01:58 AM
how about this for a reason. As soon as the Gilbert came in and Bama went up 24-6 Saban let off the gas and tried to coast through the game. If Colt had stayed they would have tried a lot harder to get that knock-out touchdown

rawlingsHOH
1/8/2010, 01:58 AM
Bama quit playing at the start of the 3rd Q. Who know's. I picked Bama before the game. And I'd pick them again tomorrow if Colt was playing.

olevetonahill
1/8/2010, 02:00 AM
Whole different Game If Colt is in

Okie35
1/8/2010, 02:01 AM
Closer game w/ Daniel still in but Bama still wins.

Eielson
1/8/2010, 02:02 AM
Whole different Game If Colt is in

Yes, but not necessarily any better. He hadn't done anything all year against a good defense. What makes us think he would in this game?

olevetonahill
1/8/2010, 02:07 AM
Yes, but not necessarily any better. He hadn't done anything all year against a good defense. What makes us think he would in this game?

:rolleyes:
Pretty simple The whorns had the lead . Colt goes out they lose the Lead . The Whorns Pull with in 3 and the Rookie Blows it
pay tention

olevetonahill
1/8/2010, 02:08 AM
I aint makin scuse cause I hate the whorns
But didnt they also to Lose the Starting center ?

CrimsonandCreamForever
1/8/2010, 02:13 AM
Well it also seemed to me like the rest of the texas team just laid down and quit when Colt went out. They did get pumped up at halftime, but it was a sad, sad show for the rest of that first half.

Fraggle145
1/8/2010, 02:18 AM
I like to claim it after the fact so that the SEC! SEC! SEC! people have to shut their damn mouths. I get to tell them that their best team almost lost to BigXII incoming frosh. I dont necessarily believe it, nor did i want it to happen but... ****'em. :D

Eielson
1/8/2010, 02:23 AM
:rolleyes:
Pretty simple The whorns had the lead . Colt goes out they lose the Lead . The Whorns Pull with in 3 and the Rookie Blows it
pay tention

They didn't lose the lead. Colt went out with the score 0-0.

TXBOOMER
1/8/2010, 08:05 AM

It was zip zip when he went out although they were on the door step thanks to the bonehead fake punt attempt. Perhaps some of the idiot texass fans that were over here saying how Mack has surpassed Bob blah blah blah after we lost to them this year can now understand it hurts a little to lose your QB. If I remember correctly we really did have the lead when OUr QB went down.

Breadburner
1/8/2010, 08:07 AM
Bama lost their number 1 player for quite a few snaps as well.....

Sooner in Tampa
1/8/2010, 08:11 AM
Woulda, coulda, shoulda...**** 'em

IF is a mighty big word

It would have been a completely different game if McCoy doesn't get hurt, but damn, Bama ran the ball 51 times!!!! 51!!!! If that ain't conservative, I don't know what is. They had the game in hand and protected the ball...when uteras got close...they turned it up a notch and won the game.

Karma is a bitch boys

Crimsontothecore
1/8/2010, 08:34 AM

Exactly! I wish the closet horn fans would stop making excuses for texas.

MeMyself&Me
1/8/2010, 08:42 AM
If I remember correctly we really did have the lead when OUr QB went down.

BOTH times as well. And that's with all the other injuries as well.

Bama lost their number 1 player for quite a few snaps as well.....

Everyone keeps forgetting this for some reason and I think this is to blame for the conservative playcalling in the third and early 4th quarter as well cause that quarterback wasn't going to do anything. If you're going to try to say "if Colt wasn't injured blah, blah, blah" you have to also say "if Ingram could have played the entire game blah, blah blah"...

goingoneight
1/8/2010, 09:30 AM
Riiiiiight... :rolleyes:

Because Bama's offense was some force to be reckoned with last night.

Partial Qualifier
1/8/2010, 09:35 AM
Bama wouldn't have shelled up if Colt had stayed in. Bama wins anyway.

this.

TUSooner
1/8/2010, 09:36 AM
Why bother arguing about it? OK, just for fun, maybe, but it's truly irrelevant. Suppose it could be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that Texas would have won if Colt hadn't got hurt. So what? You gonna give Clap-Squeak Brown the crystal ball? Colt DID get hurt; he did NOT play; Texas lost. End of story. End of season.

hawaii 5-0
1/8/2010, 10:02 AM
Who's to say that if Colt had not got hurt when he did that on the very next play he woulda torn up his knee?

Ifs and buts..........

:cool: 5-0

Bourbon St Sooner
1/8/2010, 11:01 AM
I don't think texass wins either way. It's a completely different game with Colt in there. Bama ran all over texass in the first half. They thought they had the trophy in their pocket when they went in at halftime. I think their intensity and approach would have been a lot different if Colt's still in.

S008NER
1/8/2010, 02:00 PM
The fact that texass was not a balanced team and could not established a running game killed them. They had only one weapon and when that failed, it was the game. I am really not convinced that throwing the ball 40 times a game will win a championship.

cvsooner
1/8/2010, 03:05 PM
So Kevin Wilson's insistence on developing a running game has some worth. Got it.

mehip
1/8/2010, 03:21 PM
Well it also seemed to me like the rest of the texas team just laid down and quit when Colt went out. They did get pumped up at halftime, but it was a sad, sad show for the rest of that first half.

I thought our boys experianced the same bit of shock when Taylor went down.

humblesooner
1/8/2010, 05:28 PM
So Kevin Wilson's insistence on developing a running game has some worth. Got it.

When he gets it developed, I think we will all be happy.
Any idea when it will happen?
;)

cvsooner
1/8/2010, 07:06 PM
2010. Bank on it.

VA Sooner
1/8/2010, 09:15 PM
Looking forward to the unveiling of our running game.

It will be when we re-establish our good, blocking o-line once again. 2009 is now behind us... time to look forward to the upcoming season... it's just around the corner!

westcoast_sooner
1/8/2010, 11:38 PM
There is NO way of knowing how the game would have gone had Colt been in there. Personally, I wish he would have been healthy and could have played the entire game. Win or lose the guy is a tough competitor and is a guy that just makes plays.

I'll be glad OU won't have to face him again, but I admire him as a player. You could definitely see how pained he was at not being able to play in the biggest game on the biggest stage - the one he'd prepared for his entire life.

Maybe he wins, maybe he loses, but would have been an awesome game to watch if he'd been in there, IMO.

TIDEFAN22
1/9/2010, 01:56 AM
Greg McElroy played the whole game with two broken ribs, its hard enough to breathe, let along throw a football. Whe McCoy went down I couldn't help but think Karma after what happened to Sam Bradford.

StoopTroup
1/9/2010, 03:19 AM
It was zip zip when he went out although they were on the door step thanks to the bonehead fake punt attempt. Perhaps some of the idiot texass fans that were over here saying how Mack has surpassed Bob blah blah blah after we lost to them this year can now understand it hurts a little to lose your QB. If I remember correctly we really did have the lead when OUr QB went down.

What's really nice is that after last year's * and this year blah blah blah.....they were served up a huge cup of STFU.

I think it would be nice if those same folks never came around again but knowing the :texan: the way I do....I know that's way to much to believe in.

I expect to hear the same blah blah blah for years to come however it's is very satisfying to sit back and enjoy what just transpired. I feel bad for some of those whorn players who never bought into that BS and just played their asses off in the 2nd half....but Bama had let up on them until they tried a comeback....then they simply turned it up a notch and took their Crystal Ball.