PDA

View Full Version : Lid ?

olevetonahill
1/8/2010, 01:45 AM
I Hope and Pray that Colt recovers

Now just waiting on you to show up and talk smack :P

Crucifax Autumn
1/8/2010, 01:51 AM
He's too busy trying to figure out if it's possible to hang himself with a bowtie.

But when he gets here I hope he still thinks it's better to win a lesser bowl than go to the big game and lose.

JLEW1818
1/8/2010, 01:53 AM
that damn lid

Collier11
1/8/2010, 01:53 AM
I dont care about any excuses about what shoulda woulda coulda been, I just want Lid to admit that the call before ht by Mack was absolutely idiotic.

Sure, the way it turned out wasnt very likely but thats how it turned out and it may have cost you the game. If you are an honest fan you will admit Mack fudged that one up

olevetonahill
1/8/2010, 01:58 AM
3E4buHZObMc

LMFAO

47straight
1/8/2010, 01:59 AM
Lid will show. He's a war horse that has seen far worse than this and has plenty of perspective. He's probably too busy drinking hunnerd dollar scotch in Pasadena to fool with us just yet.

Crucifax Autumn
1/8/2010, 02:33 AM
Maybe he's like the rest of the fans and throwing colt under the bus on one of their boards. Pathetic fans. I may be wrong, but I don't think anyone here was saying that Bradford was a ***** and shoulda played through the pain. Texass is so full of dooshery they could make an entire broadway troup smell like vinegar and water.

olevetonahill
1/8/2010, 02:36 AM
Maybe he's like the rest of the fans and throwing colt under the bus on one of their boards. Pathetic fans. I may be wrong, but I don't think anyone here was saying that Bradford was a ***** and shoulda played through the pain. Texass is so full of dooshery they could make an entire broadway troup smell like vinegar and water.

THIS
The :texan: fans just suck at life
Plus No one here was Cheering Colt gettin Hurt
**** the UT fans

Crucifax Autumn
1/8/2010, 02:38 AM
Not sure, but I don't think the bama fans cheered either. I guess whorns are just an entirely different species of scum.

Collier11
1/8/2010, 02:39 AM
its pretty similiar over there as it is over here at times, I went to orangebloods for a second and saw a bunch of "stupid refs", "coaches coach to not lose instead of coaching to win", "colt cost us a title for not playing"...there are idiots in every fanbase, probably more over there but still :D

olevetonahill
1/8/2010, 02:41 AM
Not sure, but I don't think the bama fans cheered either. I guess whorns are just an entirely different species of scum.

its pretty similiar over there as it is over here at times, I went to orangebloods for a second and saw a bunch of "stupid refs", "coaches coach to not lose instead of coaching to win", "colt cost us a title for not playing"...there are idiots in every fanbase, probably more over there but still :D

Im so Glad Im a SOONER

Crucifax Autumn
1/8/2010, 02:55 AM
Yeah, If I was a cockbiter whorn with the sportsmanship of an evil pro wrestler I'd kill myself...even if I had to use a bowtie.

Leroy Lizard
1/8/2010, 03:20 AM
its pretty similiar over there as it is over here at times, I went to orangebloods for a second and saw a bunch of "stupid refs", "coaches coach to not lose instead of coaching to win", "colt cost us a title for not playing"...there are idiots in every fanbase, probably more over there but still

Well, we should be seeing pretty soon:

1. The "perspective post," where some tragedy is revealed to show everyone that losing a football game is really no big deal.

2. Bash-the-announcers post. There will be imagery of homosexual behavior performed by the announcers on players from the opposing team.

3. The classless-fan post, where a fan will describe how he was treated by fans of the opposing team in his section of the stadium.

4. Rip-the-opposing team's band post. Self-explanatory.

5. Cry-about-the-reffing post. (This is already underway.)

6. Cry-about-the-playcalling post. (Although I don't think anyone can complain about Greg Davis' playcalling in this game, some will try sooner or later.)

7. Cry-about-holding post. This is patented Horn behavior. It's bound to appear at some time. They will post pictures of dastardly holding going on, and then they will claim that they are really not complaining (yeah, right), just pointing out that Mack is too nice to have his team do the same.

olevetonahill
1/8/2010, 03:23 AM
liz ya succs

Leroy Lizard
1/8/2010, 03:46 AM
I could wish someone in here Happy Birthday and somehow **** off olevet.

olevetonahill
1/8/2010, 05:21 AM
I could wish someone in here Happy Birthday and somehow **** off olevet.

Pretty Much :pop:

Collier11
1/8/2010, 06:20 AM
SI kind of sums it up with this tidbit I took from an article about the game...

"And suddenly, it all became clear. That timeout that seemed like a bit of goofy but harmless clock mismanagement was, in fact, insanity. That shovel pass that seemed like a pointless but safe play actually was catastrophic. Suddenly, Mack Brown and his coaches had gone from bumbling to pulling off one of the most dramatic coaching blunders in big time bowl history. There were FIFTEEN SECONDS LEFT. They were NOT GOING TO SCORE. They were not really even TRYING TO SCORE. And they GAVE ALABAMA A TOUCHDOWN. What could have been going through their minds?

Mack Brown would later say he and his coaches were just hoping to pop a play. But what is much more likely true: They lost focus. They broke concentration. They got sloppy. And that sloppiness changed the whole rest of the game."

olevetonahill
1/11/2010, 10:54 PM
Bump for Lid to chime in .
Lid Please tell us about your trip
Or was that the Mushroom kind ?

SPuL
1/11/2010, 11:49 PM
Im so Glad Im a SOONER

I'm with you man, but I've seen a lot of the same stuff on this board this season. probably not as much. But some morons post on here. However, this season definitely weeded out the true fans from the bandwagoners.

Crucifax Autumn
1/11/2010, 11:52 PM
Some morons post here. Only morons post there.

Still glad to be a Sooner.

OUmillenium
1/12/2010, 09:51 AM
Lidless bump

Sooner in Tampa
1/12/2010, 11:16 AM
I guess Lid was given too much credit

HEH...he is still just a useless whorn fan afterall

Partial Qualifier
1/12/2010, 11:37 AM
Well, we should be seeing pretty soon:

1. The "perspective post," where some tragedy is revealed to show everyone that losing a football game is really no big deal.

2. Bash-the-announcers post. There will be imagery of homosexual behavior performed by the announcers on players from the opposing team.

3. The classless-fan post, where a fan will describe how he was treated by fans of the opposing team in his section of the stadium.

4. Rip-the-opposing team's band post. Self-explanatory.

5. Cry-about-the-reffing post. (This is already underway.)

6. Cry-about-the-playcalling post. (Although I don't think anyone can complain about Greg Davis' playcalling in this game, some will try sooner or later.)

7. Cry-about-holding post. This is patented Horn behavior. It's bound to appear at some time. They will post pictures of dastardly holding going on, and then they will claim that they are really not complaining (yeah, right), just pointing out that Mack is too nice to have his team do the same.

Don't forget "Nick Saban is Classless because he ran it up the middle instead of taking a knee"

Jello Biafra
1/12/2010, 11:51 AM
Don't forget "Nick Saban is Classless because he ran it up the middle instead of taking a knee"

roflmao...i wondered if this was going to be an issue...by the way, i think they had basically a goal line offense...its not like they were running the freaking ninja bubble screen and its not like the defense didnt know where it was going. I wish saban would have tried to score again when they were actually taking a knee.

sjt
1/12/2010, 11:58 AM
You would have expected the #1 rushing defense to make a stop. You can't spell quit without U & T.

TXHornsFan
1/12/2010, 01:13 PM
Maybe he's like the rest of the fans and throwing colt under the bus on one of their boards.

There is always a lunatic fringe. Any UT fan - or anyone else for that matter -who questions McCoy's toughness or determination is an idiot. I was at the game, and when he did not return to the field there was no question but that he was physically unable to play, even thought the information we were given in the stadium was sketchy. McCoy, just like Bradford, has been nothing but a class act, and a fantastic role model and representative for his school. It was truly a shame he did not get to compete in his final game, the biggest game of his life. At least Bradford got one shot while he was fully healthy.

In the stadium, the general feeling was McCoy was the best (or only) chance of winning, but injuries are part of the game, so let's get it done with Gilbert - even though we all knew that was the longest of shots.

As for the shovel pass, we were all very confused when the timeout was called with 15 seconds left. After the disaster that had ensued with McCoy's injury, the feeling in the stands was "Let's just get this half over with." But, having said that, on the replay it looks like Monroe has a chance for a big play if he catches the ball cleanly. There is a huge area of open field in front of him. It was a low-risk call, but also low chance of reward. The result of the play made it bonehead.

The less defensible play-call was the fake punt on 4th and 23 from Bama's own 20 yard line, which had virtually no chance of success and incredible risk. That set up unbelievable energy and momentum for UT, which might well have carried deep into the game except for McCoy's injury. Had UT won, Saban would be answering questions about that forever.

TXBOOMER
1/12/2010, 01:40 PM
I must agree with you on the fake punt. I could't believe the call. Monroe was simply DWI karma back at Mack. My Gawd that kid is fast.

MamaMia
1/12/2010, 02:26 PM
When was Lids last post?

MamaMia
1/12/2010, 02:31 PM
Never mind. Hes just fine. His last post was 1/11/2010, at 06:02 PM.

TexasLidig8r
1/12/2010, 02:34 PM
Posted a few times on other threads. Have been swamped with work!

California just rocks. Actually, stayed with my brother in Las Vegas until the day of the game. Rose Bowl in all of its majesty is gorgeous. The setting sun on the San Gabriels is awe inspiring.

As for the game... first, congrats to Bama. They played a hard fought game and won deservedly.

Would it have been different if Colt had not been hurt? I'll let internet monkeys debate that point. Injuries are part of the game, deal with it.

I was incredibly impressed with the way we played after Colt got hurt. Defense sacked McElroy repeatedly and once Greg Davis made some halftime adjustments, the offense woke up.

The much maligned offensive line held up in pass protection (except on the one sack it gave up which caused the fumble.) They had their manhood questioned (as well they should have) and responded. Having said that, I will not be sad to see Tanner, Hall and Uli go. As a unit, they were ok, but individually.. well... meh...

"Mount Cody" was a non-issue. Oh. .and Bama's defense was not as good as Nebraskas... (or Ous)

Wide receiver play was felony bad.. seven dropped passes for the game. Malcolm Williams oughtta be taken out and horsewhipped.

Bama fans were decent after the game for the most part. No big issues.

The call before halftime.. I guess I'm one of the few who don't have a huge issue with it. Ball at the 37, everyone and their dog expecting a safe play or run inside... and, when was the last time you saw a "shuttle pass" like that intercepted and run all the way back? It was a fluke play. If you go back and look at the play, had the RB caught the damn ball, he had quite a ways to run. How big would a field goal have been right before half and with us getting the ball back after halftime? Yes, in hind sight, it was ill advised. But.. I daresay, the howls for "being too conservative" at your 35 would have been ringing had we knelt on the ball.

Looking towards next year... we are a three loss team.. not because of Gilbert.. but because of no continuity on the offensive line and question marks at the wide receiver position. You saw what musical spares on the offensive line does to a team this past year. We will have those growing pains next year. .. specifically at left tackle where Uli has been the last 4 years. Defense will be salty even with the players we lose.

Finally... didn't know how to really react after the game. A loss yes.. that stings. The team not giving up was huge.. .and.. hell.. I think Reagan was in the White House the last time we lost a bowl game!! ;)

now.. REALLY finally.. for a few weeks leading up to the game.. I went on tidefans... got two quick warnings and threats of banishment.. on VERY innocuous, relatively harmless posts... was actually told that since I was obviously a professional, it was not fair for me to engage in "smack talk" with their fans... the email read,

"I appreciate your reply and your cooperation. I think you just need to resist the temptation to go for the jugular when you see a possible weak point in a Bama poster's position. We just don't like to see arguments for argument's sake. If that happens, it naturally favors the professional. http://www.tidefans.com/forums/../old_ubb/smile.gif"

well... I kind of missed you hillbillies. :D

OKC-SLC
1/12/2010, 03:11 PM
heh.

OUMallen
1/12/2010, 03:21 PM
good post Lid. Welcome back.

MeMyself&Me
1/12/2010, 03:26 PM
"I appreciate your reply and your cooperation. I think you just need to resist the temptation to go for the jugular when you see a possible weak point in a Bama poster's position. We just don't like to see arguments for argument's sake. If that happens, it naturally favors the professional. http://www.tidefans.com/forums/../old_ubb/smile.gif"

:D LMFAO :D

BigTime1
1/12/2010, 03:30 PM
thats pretty funny lid. I guess their is a chance that there are bigger fags around than those in Austin.

Collier11
1/12/2010, 03:34 PM
^ Whoa, whoa!

MamaMia
1/12/2010, 03:59 PM
now.. REALLY finally.. for a few weeks leading up to the game.. I went on tidefans... got two quick warnings and threats of banishment.. on VERY innocuous, relatively harmless posts... was actually told that since I was obviously a professional, it was not fair for me to engage in "smack talk" with their fans... the email read,

well... I kind of missed you hillbillies. :DLid, a professional smacker? No way! :D

I missed you too you sexy Bevo Man. :)

DarrellZero
1/12/2010, 04:06 PM
"I appreciate your reply and your cooperation. I think you just need to resist the temptation to go for the jugular when you see a possible weak point in a Bama poster's position. We just don't like to see arguments for argument's sake. If that happens, it naturally favors the professional.

Do not bring your evil here!