PDA

View Full Version : Prayers For Colt

olevetonahill
1/8/2010, 01:09 AM
Because we have More Class than to Cheer an Injured Player
Hope you have a great NFL Career

soonerloyal
1/8/2010, 01:21 AM
Amen. Prayers for healing and blessings, Colt. Wishing you the absolute BEST.

JLEW1818
1/8/2010, 01:22 AM
yep, sucks for him and Sammy

what a gay year

olevetonahill
1/8/2010, 01:34 AM
Any one Know the extent of his Injury ?
I hope hes well for the Combine

JLEW1818
1/8/2010, 01:36 AM
if not, he will get a private workout

rawlingsHOH
1/8/2010, 01:38 AM
I'm out

olevetonahill
1/8/2010, 01:50 AM
if not, he will get a private workout

I Wish him the best
hes a great Kid

JLEW1818
1/8/2010, 01:51 AM
was is separated shoulder?

or shoulder blade ?

or what ?

me don't know

olevetonahill
1/8/2010, 01:52 AM
I'm out

What ya cant say something Good about a Great Young Man that was Hurt
No wonder I send ya to Bolivia :rolleyes:

Collier11
1/8/2010, 01:52 AM
It was almost like a stinger, he said his arm checked out fine, he just couldnt feel it, maybe a nerve issue?

Regardless, I never want anyone to get hurt, even a horn. Good luck to Colt, he is one of the few horns I have ever respected

Sooner04
1/8/2010, 01:53 AM
I don't think they're going to have to amputate.

olevetonahill
1/8/2010, 01:53 AM
was is separated shoulder?

or shoulder blade ?

or what ?

me don't know

Me Either
All I know is Hes a Great Young man and I wish him well

olevetonahill
1/8/2010, 01:54 AM
I don't think they're going to have to amputate.

Thats Good News :rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
1/8/2010, 02:30 AM
I know what I'd like to see amputated.

olevetonahill
1/8/2010, 02:33 AM
I know what I'd like to see amputated.

04?

Crucifax Autumn
1/8/2010, 02:41 AM
You very wise man sir!

badger
1/8/2010, 08:49 AM
Pinched nerve. He'll be fine physically, but I feel for the kid... He's never going to get over this loss.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/8/2010, 09:00 AM
I hope Sam has a better NFL career.

Jdog
1/8/2010, 09:13 AM
Agree with you Vet - said a prayer for him when it happened.

A badly pinched nerve is what I heard late last night.

beer4me
1/8/2010, 09:31 AM
Good luck Colt you will do better in the NFL than teblow

SanJoaquinSooner
1/8/2010, 09:32 AM
Please pray for all of OU's centers while you're at it.

Stitch Face
1/8/2010, 09:37 AM
He's never going to get over this loss.

I don't know. I'm sure my take, as a fatass watching from the couch, is diff't from Colt's, but since Sam's entire lost season, AD's missed games, etc. I tend to think differently about the anguish these players must have over missed opportunities. If I were Sam, at least, I think I'd be looking forward to next year more that I was thinking about naything that happened in college. I'm sure AD doesn't stew much on his old injuries, lack of a championship, etc. Sure, Colt was devastated in the postgame interview, but an entire football career can evaporate instantly and I think these guys know that. He's actually very fortunate to have missed only one big game in his career, even if it was the biggest. I may be a cynical jerk, but when I saw Colt's parents on the sideline I wondered how much they were thinking about the NFL millions versus his numb arm. He's a nice kid who hopefully gets a chance to play on Sunday next year; the goofy game last night might disappear from his mind pretty quickly.

Stitch Face
1/8/2010, 09:38 AM
Now I'm kinda embarrassed I wrote such a long-*** post about a horn.

TUSooner
1/8/2010, 09:47 AM
I couldn't like McCoy as a squirrelly and "precious" player for a team I dislike and with an uber-squirrelly nick-name like "Colt." But I certainly pray for his well being as a human being, and a decent one at that. Athletes routinely "give glory" to God when they win, but it's rarer to see a player give glory after a crushing disappointment. When McCoy said "I know I'm standing on the Rock" I almost felt bad for wishing him to lose a game. Almost. ;) God bless him with a fine NFL career.

nmsoonergirl
1/8/2010, 09:51 AM
It was very sad to see him hurt. I wish him the best.

Sooner04
1/8/2010, 09:53 AM
Oh, a pinched nerve! Woe is me.

He's a football player. This stuff happens. He's not near death. His foot isn't pointing toward San Antonio while his body is pointing toward Tucson.

Tough luck. Good grief.

soonerloyal
1/8/2010, 09:54 AM
Now I'm kinda embarrassed I wrote such a long-*** post about a horn.

Don't be. Ya did well. Thanks.

Bless those kids' hearts. OUr boys know how they feel. I hate that the players got emotionally hurt. It's telling that Colt reacted just the way I knew he would react to hardship & injury - just as our Sam did: with grace, dignity and faith.

It's also telling that so many in our fan base react with empathy, but so many in their fan base do the opposite. For them, I feel nothing but scorn. Shame on them for wishing bad things upon OUr boys. Sucks, huh? :(

Sooner04, no one said he was at death's door. Offering best wishes and prayer is the right thing to do.

Boomer.....
1/8/2010, 09:56 AM
I felt sorry for him. He is a good kid and almost lost it during the post-game interview.

soonerloyal
1/8/2010, 10:10 AM
Both Bradford and McCoy handle football adversity better than Reverend Timmah.

badger
1/8/2010, 10:22 AM
It is possible that he had something worse that they couldn't determine at the game, which caused them to decide to have him just sit out.

Like NP posted as me earlier, I also don't think he'll get over this loss easily. I don't think there's any doubt in anyone's mind that had Colt played that Texas would have won the title... not even in this "S-E-C! S-E-C!" era does anyone think Bammer would have been able to put together anything offensively to answer what Texas would have done with a non-mediocre QB throwing to Shipley all day.

Chocolate_Thunder
1/8/2010, 10:27 AM
Despite the rivalry, I know I felt the same way about Bradford (and said a prayer for him) when he left the field injured. It's the nature of the sport, but it still sucks when it happens.

soonerloyal
1/8/2010, 10:28 AM
Speculation is empty. Doesn't do OUr program or theirs a whit of good. We'll never know what we'd have accomplished in the games we lost with the injuries we had - nor will Texas. Sometimes reality bites; we have the maul marks to prove it. Now Texas has some, too.
:(

Stitch Face
1/8/2010, 10:31 AM
2009 will go down in the Big XII as the Season Of The F-ed Up Shoulder

pilobolus
1/8/2010, 11:56 AM
**** that opie looking whorn POS.

JLEW1818
1/8/2010, 12:02 PM
ummm ban?

pilobolus
1/8/2010, 12:04 PM
ummm ban?

whorn lover

Stitch Face
1/8/2010, 12:08 PM
whorn lover

GDC, is that you?

StoopTroup
1/8/2010, 12:08 PM
BTW....

Pilobolus is a genus of fungi that commonly grows on herbivore dung.

Just saying. :D

boomermagic
1/8/2010, 12:14 PM
Yeah, I agree the kid is a class act.. I hope he does well..

goingoneight
1/8/2010, 12:15 PM
whorn lover

12-year old child with no respect! HA!

JLEW1818
1/8/2010, 12:16 PM
12-year old child with no respect! HA!

CK?

Stitch Face
1/8/2010, 12:19 PM
Pilobolus is a genus of fungi that commonly grows on bevo dung.

Now I get it...

ouduckhunter
1/8/2010, 01:32 PM
I couldn't like McCoy as a squirrelly and "precious" player for a team I dislike and with an uber-squirrelly nick-name like "Colt." But I certainly pray for his well being as a human being, and a decent one at that. Athletes routinely "give glory" to God when they win, but it's rarer to see a player give glory after a crushing disappointment. When McCoy said "I know I'm standing on the Rock" I almost felt bad for wishing him to lose a game. Almost. ;) God bless him with a fine NFL career.

That's pretty much how I feel too. Media darlings are hard enough to put up with for just a couple of games let alone for years!

I do wish him a speedy recovery and success in the NFL!

Cheerin' 4 OU
1/9/2010, 03:57 AM
I'm in on prayers for Colt.

He's a very classy kid and it sucked to see him miss out on his dream to play for the national title.

I'm proud that he gave the glory to God instead of bawling and pitching a fit like the young man down in Florida who is said to be Jesus' right hand man.

Good luck, Colt.

adoniijahsooner
1/9/2010, 07:25 AM
If this had been 2 weeks ago, I would definitely have some compassion on Colt not being able to finish his dream. However, I came across something earlier this week that made me dislike Colt, and it was this.....

Quarterback Colt McCoy was asked about Stoops possibly giving tips to Alabama.

He said: “Haven’t we beaten them the last two years?”

Look at the irony of Colts word's, and think how those victories came about. In 08, Reynolds gets hurt and colt and shipley go on a tear. 09 Sam gets hurt and is replaced by a freshman QB in a high stakes game. Two wins they attained through the help of season ending injuries.

Flagstaffsooner
1/9/2010, 08:06 AM
I am not going to pray for a texan but Colt seems to be a good kid and I wish him the best.

VA Sooner
1/9/2010, 08:10 AM
Overall, a class act, a good kid. Hope for a speedy recovery and good luck in the pros, Colt.

RedstickSooner
1/9/2010, 08:27 AM
Good luck Colt you will do better in the NFL than teblow

Man, talk about your backhanded compliments :)

So, am I correct that both Saban's national championships have been close wins against injured QBs?

olevetonahill
1/9/2010, 08:32 AM
Man, talk about your backhanded compliments :)

So, am I correct that both Saban's national championships have been close wins against injured QBs?

Pretty Much

adoniijahsooner
1/9/2010, 09:32 AM
If this had been 2 weeks ago, I would definitely have some compassion on Colt not being able to finish his dream. However, I came across something earlier this week that made me dislike Colt, and it was this.....

Look at the irony of Colts word's, and think how those victories came about. In 08, Reynolds gets hurt and colt and shipley go on a tear. 09 Sam gets hurt and is replaced by a freshman QB in a high stakes game. Two wins they attained through the help of season ending injuries.

In spite of what I said...I really hope he does well in the NFL.