PDA

View Full Version : Let me say this...

Collier11
1/8/2010, 12:24 AM
I dont know what the diff is that makes things this way but when OU gets down to a good team you rarely feel like we will come back, ut never seems to be out of any game. Ohio state last yr, Bama this yr, usc in 05, etc... Opinions?

JLEW1818
1/8/2010, 12:28 AM
sad, but true

stoops the eternal pimp
1/8/2010, 12:29 AM
like I told ya, I was very impressed with Texas tonight...maybe more than any other game I've watched of theirs....One thing for sure, they trusted this kid to come and in and make plays

AzianSooner
1/8/2010, 12:29 AM
We need some more hipotizer to hipotize OUr players.

JLEW1818
1/8/2010, 12:31 AM
Gilbert will be very successful

I'm very worried

Leroy Lizard
1/8/2010, 12:34 AM
I don't like nice talk about Texas, and especially tonight when they lost.

Crucifax Autumn
1/8/2010, 12:35 AM
I'm not. Much like colty shipley was his security blanket and most of his success and ship's gone too.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/8/2010, 12:35 AM
Yup...I think they are more settled at the QB spot for next season than OU is...

AzianSooner
1/8/2010, 12:36 AM
Gilbert will be very successful

I'm very worried

Dude,

YOu are so sissy. Even with Mr Colt 45, it is not easy to score on us. I am looking forward to see Mr Hammer to give the Herbie some bang.

Now, the problem is mr Wilson a.k.a. big head still not figure out how to score on the the texass defense yet.

IronSooner
1/8/2010, 12:50 AM
Yup...I think they are more settled at the QB spot for next season than OU is...

I'm not. Shipley was their ONLY receiver this year and he's gone. I don't know who they're gonna throw to next year. Still don't have a RB either

stoops the eternal pimp
1/8/2010, 12:57 AM
The reason I say that is because you know there isn't gonna be an "open competition" there...they know who there guy is gonna be..Malcolm Williams...Goodwyn...they have some guys to throw to...

Heck OU doesn't know what kind of Oline they are gonna have either

FaninAma
1/8/2010, 01:05 AM
Gilbert had 5 turnovers. Once Bama pulled
their heads out of their collective asses and
started covering Shipley Gilbert looked very
bad. He had exactly 2 good throws in the
game.

Will he be better next season? Sure, but it remains
to be seen how much better.

One thing is for sure, he doesn't have Colt's mobility.

JLEW1818
1/8/2010, 01:07 AM
i think Gilbert is great

come on now... 1 year ago this kid was taking test in ****ing high school

if u are not scared about Gilbert, u are absolutely crazy

Crucifax Autumn
1/8/2010, 01:12 AM
I'm crazy then because I am guaranteeing thet we beat their face in next year and this kid throws about 5 interceptions and takes 8 sacks!

FaninAma
1/8/2010, 01:14 AM
i think Gilbert is great

if u are not scared about Gilbert, u are absolutely crazy

You're scared of a qb that had 5 turnovers ? Really?

If Bama could have generated some decent pressure on
him outside of the sack and fumble he would have had
more.

Collier11
1/8/2010, 01:16 AM
I think the best thing for OU next yr is to give Landry the job and give him all spring and summer to get more comfortable, splitting reps and keeping it up in the air will not help our program be a Top 10 team next yr

JLEW1818
1/8/2010, 01:18 AM

If Bama could have generated some decent pressure on
him outside of the sack and fumble he would have had
more.

he probably did more than what Jones probably could have done ... seriously

this time last year the kid was taking high school test and getting ready to enroll ..

rawlingsHOH
1/8/2010, 01:30 AM
he probably did more than what Jones probably could have done ... seriously

this time last year the kid was taking high school test and getting ready to enroll ..

Do you think Gilbert would have had similar TD/INT stats to Colt this year? I think that is a little far fetched.

JLEW1818
1/8/2010, 01:35 AM
probably not

sure Jones stats are close to what colt had... now as sick as this sounds, would you rather have Colt or Jones start for OU this year? Colt is better ...

Gilbert is elite. a 5 star recruit. who has never started a game. and was asked to come into the National Title game. Jones had similar scenarios.. but nothing like that. And passed for 2 tds on Bama? have many teams done that?

I wish i could feel how yall do.. and think Gilbert the "true" freshman will suck at texas. and we will win the next 3 years...

come on now

Leroy Lizard
1/8/2010, 01:37 AM

Gilbert << Holieway

Crucifax Autumn
1/8/2010, 01:37 AM
I'm wearing my goggles. OU will win every game from now until the end of time against those whiny pansies.

rawlingsHOH
1/8/2010, 01:43 AM
probably not

sure Jones stats are close to what colt had... now as sick as this sounds, would you rather have Colt or Jones start for OU this year? Colt is better ...

Gilbert is elite. a 5 star recruit. who has never started a game. and was asked to come into the National Title game. Jones had similar scenarios.. but nothing like that. And passed for 2 tds on Bama? have many teams done that?

I wish i could feel how yall do.. and think Gilbert the "true" freshman will suck at texas. and we will win the next 3 years...

come on now

I think Gilbert will do well. But I saw nothing out of him that surpassed what I saw out of Landry this year.

Collier11
1/8/2010, 01:44 AM
Gilbert was out there with a better OL and better wrs against a really godo team and looked like a fresh, Landry was out there with a bad ol and avg receivers and looked like a fresh against byu, I call it a draw

JLEW1818
1/8/2010, 01:46 AM
no chance

National Title, against number 1.

BYU aint in the same category as Alabama, enough said really .

stoops the eternal pimp
1/8/2010, 01:47 AM
jlew's right....

Leroy Lizard
1/8/2010, 01:48 AM
We didn't lose by two TDs to UT this year with Landry at the helm.

rawlingsHOH
1/8/2010, 01:56 AM
BYU was Landry's first college snaps. Gilbert has been playing mop-up time all year long.

yermom
1/8/2010, 01:57 AM
i'm with STEP and jlew

i would rather have taken Garrett's virgin next year in Dallas than have him come into that game that way. i'd rather not see him get that experience already

JLEW1818
1/8/2010, 01:58 AM
still a red-shirt freshman vs a true freshman... still somewhat of an advantage being in a college program a year.

National Title vs Byu

LOL LOL LOL

i don't give a **** if Gilbert started the entire UTEP game

not a comparison in my book

Collier11
Gilbert had thrown 26 passes previous to tonight, he wasnt a complete virgin

Sooner04
I'm terrified of him. Mainly because we've got a guy who did that starting for us.

yermom
1/8/2010, 02:00 AM
Gilbert had thrown 26 passes previous to tonight, he wasnt a complete virgin

in meaningful game time he was. starting in OU/Texas shouldn't be nearly as daunting now

rawlingsHOH
1/8/2010, 02:01 AM
still a red-shirt freshman vs a true freshman...
That's immaterial to my statement

I said I saw nothing out of Gilbert that exceeded what I saw out of Jones this year.

Collier11
1/8/2010, 02:02 AM
Well we have a guy with 11 games of experience and he basically has the equivalent of 2 games of experience, if we can develop a friggin OL we will be fine

JLEW1818
1/8/2010, 02:03 AM
yep Jones still has a lot of work to do, obviously

so does Gilbert

Jones is good. Gilbert will be good too.

Simms was good too, but not against us

(Gilbert reminds me of a right handed Simms)

yermom
1/8/2010, 02:04 AM
Well we have a guy with 11 games of experience and he basically has the equivalent of 2 games of experience, if we can develop a friggin OL we will be fine

they don't fight each other :P

misplacedsooner
1/8/2010, 02:05 AM
i wasnt impressed by gilbert, as said he threw 2 nice passes, other than that......?
ill take landry any day over him.

JLEW1818
1/8/2010, 02:07 AM
i wasnt impressed by gilbert, as said he threw 2 nice passes, other than that......?
ill take landry any day over him.

not many would predict to be impressed with a true freshman coming in to the national title game in the 1st quarter .. lol

Gilbert had more TD passes against Bama than Colt did against Nebraska ..... 2 more picks 2 .. haha

it could be looked at many ways

okay I'm tired of defending this damn horn... he will be good, and will be a better pro-prospect than McCoy

that's all

rawlingsHOH
1/8/2010, 02:08 AM
will be a better pro-prospect than McCoy

And can definitely see that.

I'm not sold on McCoy's arm.

Collier11
1/8/2010, 02:09 AM
thats the issue with the NFL, do you take a big time winner or do you take a guy with all of the physical skills? Ill take the winner anyday, although you do hope the winner can throw a bb through a water hose from 20 yds out :D

JLEW1818
1/8/2010, 02:11 AM
lol, I'm just saying... Gilbert played the majority of the national title game as a true freshman.. and did okay....

who was the last true freshman qb to basically start in the national title ? idk

Collier11
1/8/2010, 02:16 AM
your a**

JLEW1818
1/8/2010, 02:18 AM
lol last thing b4 bed

just imagine if texas somehow came back

would u be alive right now? i would prob not be here anymore

Collier11
1/8/2010, 02:19 AM
id be nutpunching myself, it would be more enjoyable...I got nervous for a bit

Crucifax Autumn
1/8/2010, 02:22 AM
those jackholes ALMOST coming back and then watching it all fall apart was perfect.

prrriiide
1/8/2010, 02:23 AM
Lew, take a valium brother.

Gilbert looked good AT TIMES, yes.

*BUT*

Consider:

Shipley is gone. The center, RG and RT are gone. texass will be very good next year. Shipley is the only receiver that they are losing, and Goodwin has shown he can be a play maker.

But losing Shipley is akin to us losing Gresh. Opponents had to adjust their game to account for Shipley. Not so next year. The losses on their OL would petrify me if it was OU. But its texass, so they will just plug another knuckle-dragger in there and probably be decent.

Gilbert won't progress enough over the off-season to completely eliminate the kind of freshamn mistakes that led to 5 TOs tonight. But as he progresses, he will at some point become a real pain in the arse.

JLEW1818
1/8/2010, 02:25 AM
so you are guaranteeing a win over texas next year ?

Leroy Lizard
1/8/2010, 02:32 AM
who was the last true freshman qb to basically start in the national title ? idk

Holieway?

adoniijahsooner
1/8/2010, 06:56 AM
You cannot accurately compare Landry Jones and Giblets, because of what they were surrounded with. Giblets losing those 4 offensive lineman will be a problem next year. It's difficult to be accurate when your running for your life.

Just like losing Quan hurt texas this year, losing Shipley will be an even bigger blow.

fossil
1/8/2010, 07:51 AM

:eek: WHAT????? You're drunk! YGBSM. Landry is far ahead of Gilbert.

Jello Biafra
1/8/2010, 07:56 AM
if bama hadn't of shiite all ove themselves in the frist quarter, the game wouldn't have been close.

AT
ALL

PLaw
1/8/2010, 07:56 AM
I dont know what the diff is that makes things this way but when OU gets down to a good team you rarely feel like we will come back, ut never seems to be out of any game. Ohio state last yr, Bama this yr, usc in 05, etc... Opinions?

In the last five years, I believe this assessment is spot on. Ever since the TGOWWDNS, I think there has been a trend and certainly the comments of SUC players after the game suggested a lack of mental toughness.

In fact, I get major butterflies if we are not up by more than a couple TD's going into the 4th. That said, I believe we are beginning to exorcise some demons and I do sense that there is a toughness is some of the younger players.

Boomer

sooneredaco
1/8/2010, 08:27 AM
so you are guaranteeing a win over texas next year ?

I am... Not far fetched.

Boomer

CU Sooner
1/8/2010, 08:56 AM
Gilbert was ok, but seriously, i was not impressed by alabamas defensive line. They never got any pressure on him with a 4 man rush. I think OU and nebraska's defense were much better than alabama, last night anyway.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/8/2010, 09:43 AM
:eek: WHAT????? You're drunk! YGBSM. Landry is far ahead of Gilbert.

People read the post, just don't respond to it...I didn't say anything about better, I said settled...I m pretty sure Texas has made up their minds Gilbert is their guy, but OU isn't as settled on Jones and will give the other QBs opportunity to win the job..

READ!!