PDA

View Full Version : Whale Wars

SeattleOUstudent
1/7/2010, 09:25 PM
Dean will prob call me a tree-huggin lib for watching the damn show, but it so damn entertaining.

For those that follow the show, they have started filming season 3. Bob Barker gave $5mill and they bought another ship. They also bought another little speed boat looking thing, which may now be sinking due to a conflict.

http://www.seashepherd.org/news-and-media/news-100107-1.html
Rammed Vessel Ady Gil Sinks

Sea Shepherd Resumes Pursuit of Illegal Whalers
On January 8, 2010 at 17:20 (GMT) the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society vessel Bob Barker reported the last known position of another Sea Shepherd vessel, the Ady Gil, to the Australian Rescue Coordination Center (ARCC). This report was made because the Ady Gil—which was originally going to be towed to a nearby base—is now sinking and could pose a navigation hazard for the next two to three hours.
Having barely survived a vicious attack by the illegal Japanese whaling vessel Shonan Maru No. 2 on January 6, 2010, the Ady Gil began taking on water. Since that time, Bob Barker crew members have been working around the clock in an attempt to save the ship and remove possible environmental hazards in case the vessel had further complications while being towed.
During the final towing attempt, the ropes holding the Ady Gil in place behind the Bob Barker snapped—seemingly the result of water accumulating in the vessel. Upon examination, the Ady Gil was found to be approximately 30% submerged, including the engine room and main fuel tanks. Fortunately, all fuel and lubricants had been removed form the Ady Gil hours earlier.
The Bob Barker’s call to the ARCC fulfilled Sea Shepherd’s legal reporting requirements for this incident, but not its obligation to protect whales from the illegal Japanese fleet that is killing whales illegally in the Southern Ocean Whale Sanctuary.
The Bob Barker will now rejoin the Steve Irwin in pursuit of the whaling fleet to continue defending the whales.

SicEmBaylor
1/7/2010, 11:33 PM
I hate that show and those idiots. I keep hoping the Jap Navy will show up and go Pearl Harbor on their retarded asses.

The destruction of private property is a far worse offense than pullin' some blubber out of the ocean.

Frankly, I think I'd shoot them.

KABOOKIE
1/8/2010, 12:41 AM
You wouldn't say that if that blubber was coming out of your narrow *** cheeks.

Lott's Bandana
1/8/2010, 09:57 AM
Watch the show for five minutes and you will immediately see what a moron that "Skipper" is....last season's mutiny was a treat to watch.

SicEmBaylor
1/8/2010, 10:00 AM
Watch the show for five minutes and you will immediately see what a moron that "Skipper" is....last season's mutiny was a treat to watch.

I was amused when they were all arrested after coming to port in Australia.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/8/2010, 10:03 AM
I honestly started out watching the show hoping they would be successful, but with each episode, I realized it was a ship full of idiots, captained by an idiot, and I wouldn't get in a boat on Eufaula Lake with the idiots.

SoonerBorn68
1/8/2010, 10:05 AM
I only watched it hoping there would be do gooder DNA sprinkled on the top of ocean waves.

SicEmBaylor
1/8/2010, 10:09 AM
I honestly started out watching the show hoping they would be successful, but with each episode, I realized it was a ship full of idiots, captained by an idiot, and I wouldn't get in a boat on Eufaula Lake with the idiots.

They really are morons regardless of your perspective. That Skipper of theirs isn't fit to pilot a dingy in a backyard kiddie pool.

SicEmBaylor
1/8/2010, 10:10 AM
Hey, if they can get a show for taking the law into their own hands and trying to round up illegal whalers then why can't we get a show on TV with some patriots rounding up illegal aliens??

Shamu
1/8/2010, 10:48 AM
Skipper Paul is what I like to call a "useful idiot."

setem
1/8/2010, 10:54 AM
Oh heavens! I thought you had found a video of me and my girlfriend doing the nasty!

SicEmBaylor
1/8/2010, 10:56 AM
Oh heavens! I thought you had found a video of me and my girlfriend doing the nasty!

He said, "whale wars" not "whale whores."

YWIA. :D

2Dogs
1/8/2010, 11:18 AM
South Park ripped this show to pieces

Breadburner
1/8/2010, 11:29 AM
I would love to see that ship full of nut sacks sink.......

SeattleOUstudent
1/10/2010, 09:46 PM

Agreed. Watson is an idiot. Crazy mo fo. But an idiot. Im hoping this thing escalates and starts getting violent.

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/10/2010, 10:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSEST-oQH68

Crucifax Autumn
1/10/2010, 11:44 PM
Don't they only target ILLEGAL whaling?