PDA

View Full Version : Snead to enter NFL draft

JLEW1818
1/7/2010, 07:04 PM
Mississippi quarterback Jevan Snead will forgo his senior season to enter the NFL draft.

"After much prayer and deliberation, I have decided to forego my final year at Ole Miss and enter the NFL draft," Snead said, thanking the school's coaches, fans and his teammates. "In the end, I had to do what is best for me and my family. Having finished my degree, I look forward to the challenge and hard work that comes with pursuing my dream of playing quarterback in the NFL."

Snead threw for 2,632 yards and 20 touchdowns as a junior for the Rebels, who beat Oklahoma State in the AT&T Cotton Bowl.

With Snead at quarterback, the Rebels won nine games in back-to-back seasons for the first time since 1961-62, and collected consecutive January bowl wins for the first time since 1960-61.

Coach Houston Nutt said he tried to convince Snead into staying for one more year, to no avail.

"I'm sure the fact that he has already finished his degree played a role in his decision, and I do respect his decision," Nutt said. "He is young man of great character and Jevan will always be a member of the Ole Miss family."

Snead passed for 5,394 yards at Ole Miss, the second best two-year total and fifth on the career list. He set records for yards per pass attempt (8.0) and completions (14.4), established a new mark with multiple touchdown passes in eight straight games and is second to Eli Manning on the career touchdown passes list with 46.

Freshmen Nathan Stanley and Raymond Cotton are expected to battle for the Rebels' vacant quarterback spot when spring practice begins.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=4805195

budbarrybob
1/7/2010, 07:26 PM
:gary:

ndpruitt03
1/7/2010, 07:31 PM
This might been good for Ole Miss. Snead is an awful QB.

sooner ngintunr
1/7/2010, 07:32 PM
This might been good for Ole Miss. Snead is an awful QB.

Yep.

85sooners
1/7/2010, 07:36 PM
:gary: :gary: :gary:

Collier11
1/7/2010, 07:45 PM
Bad move by Sneak IMO, dont get me wrong he is gonna get paid but he needs to get better. He screams of Kyle Boller to me

Jacie
1/7/2010, 07:51 PM
Bad move by Sneak IMO, dont get me wrong he is gonna get paid but he needs to get better. He screams of Kyle Boller to me

I don't know where he is projected to go but quarterbacks are a hot commodity in the NFL. If he can make a roster as a backup quarterback, the coaching and experience + paychecks will make up for another year of college he did not need for academics and to make Houston Nutt's job a little more secure.

Salt City Sooner
1/7/2010, 07:56 PM
x2. The guy led the nation in interceptions this season. He'd have been much better off coming out last year or coming back next year.

Leroy Lizard
1/7/2010, 08:04 PM
What's his upside?

ndpruitt03
1/7/2010, 08:05 PM
What's his upside?

He helps the DBs out.

Crucifax Autumn
1/7/2010, 08:09 PM
Really dumb move. He's not very good at reading the field and making decisions.