PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love Mark May

85Sooner
1/7/2010, 03:47 PM
They were giving him a hard time on ESPN picking on him for predicting OU in the Champ game. His response was classic. "Oklahoma has 78 on scholarship and 55 of 'em are injured!"

badger
1/7/2010, 03:51 PM
Based on how we nearly got Texas even without our first round pick QB and TE, and seeing how Texas coasted to the title game with the exception of their OU and Nebbish games (two games that were close for us too) I'd say MM's prediction was right at the beginning of the year.

oudavid1
1/7/2010, 06:18 PM
They were giving him a hard time on ESPN picking on him for predicting OU in the Champ game. His response was classic. "Oklahoma has 78 on scholarship and 55 of 'em are injured!"

Its about time someone realized that this year was a fluke and yet we are still raw

goingoneight
1/7/2010, 06:19 PM
I think honestly the bigger loss was Gresham. His freakish abilities open up so much in the offense. Sam was outstanding, and we're warming up in The Rose Bowl tonight with both of those guys, for sure... but I think the WR and OL situation would have looked a lot better with that dominant force out there. And who knows if Colby Clawson ever hits Sam if he's got to cover Gresham.

Let's assume (I know what that means) Gresham helps us to narrow victories over BYU, UM and Tejas... do we lay as big an egg in Lubbock or Nebraska with an MNC on the line?

TopDawg
1/7/2010, 06:25 PM
I think honestly the bigger loss was Gresham. His freakish abilities open up so much in the offense. Sam was outstanding, and we're warming up in The Rose Bowl tonight with both of those guys, for sure... but I think the WR and OL situation would have looked a lot better with that dominant force out there. And who knows if Colby Clawson ever hits Sam if he's got to cover Gresham.

Let's assume (I know what that means) Gresham helps us to narrow victories over BYU, UM and Tejas... do we lay as big an egg in Lubbock or Nebraska with an MNC on the line?

I agree with you about Gresham. We saw a little bit of Sam without Gresh and it wasn't the same Sam we had with Gresh. Granted, the rest of the receiving corp was really green too, but having Gresh out there changes everything. He would've helped ease Landry's transition too.

I think we beat Nebraska with Gresham. Who knows about Lubbock. Our defense crapped the bed in that game, but they never got a rest. If our offense could've moved the chains a few more times early on in that game, it could've turned out totally different.

Oh well, chalk it up to bad luck and hope the experience pays off for our guys next year.

budbarrybob
1/7/2010, 07:17 PM
Lets clear the air... F MM.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/7/2010, 07:40 PM

Gresham is enough to win those games you listed, Sam (with Gresh) is enough to win in Lincoln and possibly Lubbock.

Why? Didn't Landry throw 5 INTs in the Neb game?

OKLA21FAN
1/8/2010, 09:07 AM
what was up with May and his 'jazz saxophonist' glasses last night?

Did he take them from a Potato State cow bell ringer or something. :pop:

OULenexaman
1/8/2010, 09:21 AM
Lets clear the air... F MM.:D :D

Boomer.....
1/8/2010, 10:10 AM
what was up with May and his 'jazz saxophonist' glasses last night?

Did he take them from a Potato State cow bell ringer or something. :pop:

I was about to ask the same thing. Either he has some sort of eye problem or He wears his sunglasses at night...

Spray
1/8/2010, 11:31 AM
I still think the OL would have cost us at some point in the season. Too inexperienced. You build your team from the lines and we just didn't have the foundation this year.