vyljNfQUu5A

OUMallen
1/7/2010, 04:04 PM
I hate her.

texas bandman
1/7/2010, 04:32 PM
Oklahoma Rep. Wants to Outlaw Divorce
Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Oklahoma state Rep. Sally Kern is at it again.

A while back, she said that homosexuals are a bigger threat to this nation than terrorists. Now she wants to outlaw divorce on the grounds of incompatibility in her state!

Under the republican's legislation, reports KOCO, a judge in Oklahoma would not be able to grant a divorce on the grounds of incompatibility if the couple has a child, the marriage has lasted longer than 10 years, or either party objects to the breakup.

Under her bill, Kern said, couples would still be able to get divorced on the grounds of adultery, abandonment, and neglect of duty.

I'm from Oklahoma, and this really disturbs me. I hate the idea that "Big Brother" could tell me that I cannot get a divorce even if I want one. Kern says she is doing this for "the children." But I don't think forcing two parents who hate each other to stay together would be good for the children one bit.

Do you think that this divorce ban is a good idea ... or is it just plain nuts?

Just Plain Nuts!!

What a Psycho!!!

yermom
1/8/2010, 08:30 PM
don't get married.

problem solved :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/9/2010, 04:30 AM
Nuttier than Squirrel poo

85Sooner
1/9/2010, 07:31 PM
don't get married.

problem solved :D

Actually, this is the right answer.

sooner ngintunr
1/9/2010, 07:41 PM
is good for nothing.

soonervegas
1/9/2010, 10:35 PM
is an embarrassment to the religious and/or oklahoma community.....

47straight
1/10/2010, 03:38 PM
Don't agree with much she says but she pisses off all the right people.

Scott D
1/10/2010, 06:08 PM
would that be "everyone" at some point 47?

StoopTroup
1/10/2010, 06:30 PM
I bet she's a gas once you get her good and liquored up......

Okla-homey
1/10/2010, 07:16 PM
discuss....:pop:

The folks who voted for her must share her dislike of the ghey people.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/11/2010, 02:30 AM
There is a difference between disliking gays and disliking everyone. I wonder who took a **** in her oatmeal when she was young.

OUDoc
1/11/2010, 09:22 AM
Don't agree with much she says but she pisses off all the right people.

:confused:
That statement seems to contradict itself.

47straight
1/11/2010, 06:53 PM
would that be "everyone" at some point 47?

Heh, probably.

I meant the OMGFD^#$&*$*&$#&*$WY&*$#RAWR crowd.

47straight
1/11/2010, 06:54 PM
:confused:
That statement seems to contradict itself.

In some places not called the South Oval, you can disagree with someone's views without getting mad at them. :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/11/2010, 08:18 PM
Don't agree with much she says but she pisses off all the right people.Seems that way.

TUSooner
1/11/2010, 10:04 PM
...makes Louisiana politicians look wise.

What's next? Burning pagans?

OUDoc
1/12/2010, 09:16 AM
...makes Louisiana politicians look wise.

What's next? Burning pagans?
We could build a bridge out of her.

King Barry's Back
1/12/2010, 09:38 AM
Burning pagans?

What? You say that like burning pagans is a bad thing.

OUmillenium
1/12/2010, 02:26 PM
We could build a bridge out of her.

Very small rocks?

Scott D
1/12/2010, 05:30 PM
the more she talks out about gays, the more I wonder how deep in the closet she must be, either that or she's a pillow friend of fred phelps on the down low.

Scott D
1/12/2010, 05:31 PM
and fwiw, I'm all for outlawing marriage itself, just call everything civil unions.

yermom
1/12/2010, 06:04 PM
and fwiw, I'm all for outlawing marriage itself, just call everything civil unions.

this.

bluedogok
1/12/2010, 10:04 PM
I think "marriage" should be a religious ceremony and "civil union" should be the legally binding term. There should be no legal definition of the term marriage. If you want to get married in a church, you need a civil union license but there should be no difference in the legal definition whether you had been "unioned" by a Justice of the Peace or a minister.

47straight
1/13/2010, 12:26 PM
the more she talks out about gays, the more I wonder how deep in the closet she must be, either that or she's a pillow friend of fred phelps on the down low.

The more people who gripe about Palin, the more I wonder how much they are secretly in love with her.

Particularly LAS.

Scott D
1/13/2010, 03:12 PM
The more people who gripe about Palin, the more I wonder how much they are secretly in love with her.

Particularly LAS.

good point. I tend not to gripe about her, I find her....amusing in that "Why the **** is everyone infatuated with her one way or another?" kind of way :) (the same thing I wonder about the drug addled minds of young people and the popularity of stuff like this Lady Gaga)

OUMallen
1/13/2010, 05:55 PM

Particularly LAS.

Now that's Palin's no longer an election away from presiding over the Senate, and then a heartbeat away from leading the US and the free world...I no longer care about her.

LosAngelesSooner
1/13/2010, 09:57 PM

Particularly LAS.Yes.

I love her.

You caught me.

47straight
1/13/2010, 10:09 PM
good point. I tend not to gripe about her, I find her....amusing in that "Why the **** is everyone infatuated with her one way or another?" kind of way :) (the same thing I wonder about the drug addled minds of young people and the popularity of stuff like this Lady Gaga)

Me too.

olevetonahill
1/13/2010, 11:45 PM
If they would just Legalize Prostitution, Marrage would become Obsolete

Jes sayin

TopDawg
1/14/2010, 12:18 AM
I think "marriage" should be a religious ceremony and "civil union" should be the legally binding term. There should be no legal definition of the term marriage. If you want to get married in a church, you need a civil union license but there should be no difference in the legal definition whether you had been "unioned" by a Justice of the Peace or a minister.

I like this too, except for the "rule" that you'd have to have a civil union before getting married in a church. If you're saying that's how you think it'll work itself out, I'd imagine you're probably right in most cases. But if you're saying that it should be required, I don't think that would go over very well. I think the church should be able to decide who is eligible for marriage within their walls and/or church family and what benefits (if any) come with that.

bluedogok
1/14/2010, 10:49 PM
I like this too, except for the "rule" that you'd have to have a civil union before getting married in a church. If you're saying that's how you think it'll work itself out, I'd imagine you're probably right in most cases. But if you're saying that it should be required, I don't think that would go over very well. I think the church should be able to decide who is eligible for marriage within their walls and/or church family and what benefits (if any) come with that.
That's pretty much it....

GKeeper316
1/15/2010, 07:25 PM

whats really tragic in this whole scenario is that one of her sons is gay.

GKeeper316
1/15/2010, 07:28 PM

agreed

churches should be the ones who decide who they marry.

however, as long as its the state issuing marriage licenses, it should not be able to violate anyone's civil liberties by discriminating based on gender.