PDA

View Full Version : My back hurts...

Fraggle145
1/7/2010, 01:16 PM
Damn guys, my back ****ing hurts. I did something to it during the 24th-26th probably shoveling snow and digging out my fiance's car. Its in my ****ing lower back. Its just really hard to get up from a chair or get back into one. Once I am there it is usually fine. It feels like there is constant pressure there. Like it needs to pop or something.

Anyway it still ****ing hurts. I went to the doctor (at Goddard, ya I know they arent always the best, but it is free) and she gave me some prescription Aleve, 5/500 Loritabs, and some muscle relaxers. The only time it doesnt hurt is when I am on 2 of the Loritabs. Then I can still feel it, but it just doesnt bother me as much. The muscle relaxers dont seem to do ****.

Anyone got any suggestions or is able to help me out? Remember I am a poor *** grad student that only has OU's insurance.

:(

yermom
1/7/2010, 01:36 PM
i'm in a similar boat. i think i aggravated my sciatic nerve somehow

where is achiro when you need him? :D

SoonerProphet
1/7/2010, 01:38 PM
I have an appointment with a neurosurgeon on the 25th of this month to get my lower back checked out. Heat, cold, stretch, rinse and repeat.

ouwasp
1/7/2010, 02:22 PM
try a chiropracter (sp)..........they have really, really helped me before...

Frozen Sooner
1/7/2010, 02:39 PM
Stop aggravating it. Take the muscle relaxers and lay flat on your back until it feels better.

olevetonahill
1/7/2010, 03:12 PM
Yea what Froz said
make HER get on top :hot:

Fraggle145
1/7/2010, 03:32 PM
I wish I could just take the relaxers and lay down all day... People keep telling me chiropractor, but i've heard mixed reviews. I dont know anything about it.

How much are they? Once I go to one am I going to keep having to go? etc...

Boomer.....
1/7/2010, 03:35 PM
Depends. Most will have you come a handful of times because you can't correct it right away. It's a gradual process. I've went a few times and didn't really notice a huge change but I have had lower back pain for a while.

A lot are covered under insurance but don't know about your situation.

Crucifax Autumn
1/7/2010, 03:50 PM
Loritab 5s are for wussies!

tidalmouse
1/7/2010, 04:01 PM
Fraggle,I defenitely can empathise with you.My Lower Back's hurt me for the last 15 years.Hopefully you've just Strained it.I've got three Bulging Discs that sometimes get my Sciatic Nerve Inflamed. :mad:

Heat feels Good but they Reccomend Ice which doesn't feel as good.

Stretching always makes mine feel better for a little while.Lying flat on your Back and Pulling your knees up to your Chest and kind of Rocking back and forth.Also one Stretch that makes mine feel better is lying on my Stomache and moving my knee up to the side as far as I can,one side at a time.

Hopefully you've just strained it and the muscle or Nerve is inflamed.Hope you're feeling better soon. :P

SunnySooner
1/7/2010, 04:32 PM
It's prolly just a muscle strain, I had one over the summer, right across the middle of my back, hurt like HELL for several days, then it was fine. If you can get some of the heat wrap things, those really helped me--Thermawraps or something like that. You activate them, they stay warm for several hours. Also a hot bath felt good. Mostly it's just time. If it doesn't feel better after a week or so, go back to the Dr., you may have done something that needs more treatment. Good luck, bubba, SUCKS!! But you're a sweetie for digging her car out--she should give you a back rub.;) :P :D

texas bandman
1/7/2010, 04:45 PM
Back pain is a bitch. I hurt my back in a motorcycle wreck in 1978 and have had back pain since. It got to the point that the pain was so bad that I could only stand for 5 minutes before I had to sit. I finally had surgery for the stenosis (laminectomy 2007 and shots into the spine to reduce swelling and dissolve scar tissue in 2008) and my back feels better. I still have a dull ache, but that I can handle. I sure hope that it's just a strained muscle. Chronic back pain is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy (well, maybe on just a few asshat horn fans) :D

olevetonahill
1/7/2010, 04:45 PM
Maybe its just THAT time of Month fer ya
Take a Midol

tidalmouse
1/8/2010, 12:54 PM
Damn guys, Its just really Hard.:(

If your boner's lasted more than 4 Hours go to the Emergency Room. :D

jdsooner
1/8/2010, 01:02 PM
I found this ad on Craig's List. It might help:

3 male masseur available to service rub down man 2 man massage in or out call .1 or 2 mal;ew in service .

100/h .just call no email or text .

Fraggle145
1/8/2010, 01:12 PM
I found this ad on Craig's List. It might help:

3 male masseur available to service rub down man 2 man massage in or out call .1 or 2 mal;ew in service .

100/h .just call no email or text .

I think you just cured my boner problem. :mad:

NormanPride
1/8/2010, 02:11 PM
I've got a guy in south Tulsa that works miracles. He does what he calls "Muscle Balancing" which is a nice way of saying he makes sure there isn't a cramping muscle pulling you out of alignment. I had a similar injury to yours, and after testing my strength in a couple of areas, he pinpointed the exact muscles that needed to be worked on. 30 minutes later the pain was gone. Amazing.

hellogoodbye
1/8/2010, 02:19 PM
same deal here. Bad accident 20 years ago and its like that for about a week every 1-2 years.

When they say lie flat on your back - that means on the floor - not the nice comfy bed. feet elevated so knees are at a 90 degree angle (no weight from the legs dragging on your hips). Lots of stretches and that lying still is only good for bruised muscles - at some point you gotta get up and work that puppy out.

Jello Biafra
1/8/2010, 02:43 PM
Damn guys, my back ****ing hurts. I did something to it during the 24th-26th probably shoveling snow and digging out my fiance's car. Its in my ****ing lower back. Its just really hard to get up from a chair or get back into one. Once I am there it is usually fine. It feels like there is constant pressure there. Like it needs to pop or something.

Anyway it still ****ing hurts. I went to the doctor (at Goddard, ya I know they arent always the best, but it is free) and she gave me some prescription Aleve, 5/500 Loritabs, and some muscle relaxers. The only time it doesnt hurt is when I am on 2 of the Loritabs. Then I can still feel it, but it just doesnt bother me as much. The muscle relaxers dont seem to do ****.

Anyone got any suggestions or is able to help me out? Remember I am a poor *** grad student that only has OU's insurance.

:(

bro, you've GOT to find someone to milk your prostate...should be good after 1 or 12 of those sessions. :) yer welcome.

yermom
1/8/2010, 08:23 PM
bro, you've GOT to find someone to milk your prostate...should be good after 1 or 12 of those sessions. :) yer welcome.

see post #15 ;)