PDA

View Full Version : Blake set to return on Jan. 20

Jay C. Upchurch
1/7/2010, 02:09 AM
http://www.clipsnation.com/2010/1/6/1236359/report-blakes-return-targeted-for?ref=CBS

Frozen Sooner
1/7/2010, 02:16 AM
Good news.

badger
1/7/2010, 09:25 AM
I have heard this date is a little bit flexible, because they are afraid that Blake will need additional time.

Poor Blake. It must kill him to not be able to play for so long :(

NormanPride
1/7/2010, 11:02 AM
At this point he looks like Oden... except Blake dominated in preseason matches.

SteelClip49
1/7/2010, 12:11 PM
Clippers just beat the World Champion Lakers and are riding a 3 game winning streak...overall they have improved without Griffin. With Griffin, this team is a guaranteed postseason team!!!!!

CLIPPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badger
1/7/2010, 12:41 PM
Clippers just beat the World Champion Lakers and are riding a 3 game winning streak...overall they have improved without Griffin. With Griffin, this team is a guaranteed postseason team!!!!!

CLIPPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put your avvie where your (online) mouth is... since your Steelers aren't going to the postseason, put up a Clips logo... if you're so confident. :)

See... I'll do the same for MY postseason-bound team :D:D:D:D:D

the_ouskull
1/7/2010, 01:52 PM
The Jan 20th date is tentative, as even his doctor won't set a specific date, and just as recently as two days ago, I was hearing mid-March, so let's not get TOO excited. I want to see Blake play this season, yes, but I want to see him play for a lot of seasons, and there's no point in pushing him to come back any more than he's already pushing himself...

the_ouskull

Boomer.....
1/7/2010, 01:57 PM
Blake Griffin would love to know when he'll be able to play his first game for the Los Angeles Clippers. To set a date, circle it on his calendar and call up all his friends and invite them to the game, maybe even tweet it.

That's not possible just yet.

"I'll be back when I'll be back. My doctor doesn't even know yet," Griffin said on Wednesday, when asked about a report saying the team was targeting Jan. 20 as a possible debut for the No. 1 overall pick, who has been recovering from a stress fracture in his knee since the preseason.

"I don't even have an appointment scheduled yet. I feel good, it's just a matter of getting cleared."

Here's the latest on what Griffin can and can't do:

He can: run on a treadmill, shoot 3-pointers, do agility drills on the court and lift weights.

He can't: participate in scrimmages or full-court baskeball drills.

"I have no idea where that Jan. 20 date came from. I don't think it's an accurate date at all," Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy said. "But he's progressing. He's on the court. He's shooting the ball. He's on the treadmill with full body weight. He's shooting, running around, controlled stuff right now.

"We don't need to set dates. The first day he's ready to play, that's when we want him."

Ramona Shelburne is a writer and columnist for ESPNLosAngeles.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=4803163

ouleaf
1/7/2010, 05:57 PM
Blake's been at the bottom of the bench on my fantasy team all season long. I need him back even more now that Gilbert Arenas' dumb *** is suspended.

starrca23
1/7/2010, 09:44 PM
I'll be in LA first week of Feb...hoping to see Blake live on the 6th.