PDA

View Full Version : Texas and the pronoun "we"

ouwasp
1/7/2010, 12:59 AM
So my family sits with my Dad tonight at the Wed night church dinner...we visit about the new associate pastor coming in, the brutal cold (hoping for the so-called global warming to make an appearance)

Then football comes up. Dad invites me to come over and watch the mnc game. He hopes Texas wins, being a Big 12 homer. Of course I want the Crimson Tide to win. Or Texas to lose, whatever. I told him I'd come if he'd promise not to use the pronoun "we" to describe texas during the game... he drove me nuts during the ut-suc game a few yrs ago.

My Dad's almost 79 and his heart isn't in the best shape, so I'm not going to pass up any chances to watch a game with him.

I just hope he doesn't give me heart problems! :O

CU Sooner
1/7/2010, 07:55 AM
I understand. Don't miss any chances to watch a game with your Dad, my Dad passed almost 2 years ago and my best memories are going to games and watching them on TV with him. Once i moved away the best part was calling him and talking about all the games.
My Dad liked to watch the games with the mute on, and considering the announcers, not such a bad thing most of the time.
Enjoy!

OUinFLA
1/7/2010, 08:43 AM
My Dad liked to watch the games with the mute on, and considering the announcers, not such a bad thing most of the time.

Father knows best.
An old saying with lots of merit.

swardboy
1/7/2010, 08:44 AM
I prefer to make 'good' memories with my 78 yr. old father.....

AzianSooner
1/7/2010, 09:02 AM
I had a great memory with my Dad when we decomposed a Ak47 for clean up. He let me play with some rene with a promisse that i don't pull out the trigger. Oh..... 4 yrs of age full of curiousity.

Sooner in Tampa
1/7/2010, 09:15 AM
Sexat and we should never be used in unison on this or any other Sooner board

Hot Rod
1/7/2010, 01:28 PM
Let me just say that I really appreciate this thread, especially CU's comment. I grew up into OU football without a dad, and now my 9 year old son can't bear the thought of watching a game without me. I'm understanding his perspective now. I've had opportunities to go to a few home games without him, but he told me he didn't me to, so I enjoyed the game with him. We just celebrated our 3rd season of watching every game together. I hope this lasts a lifetime.

RedstickSooner
1/7/2010, 02:53 PM
I understand. Don't miss any chances to watch a game with your Dad, my Dad passed almost 2 years ago and my best memories are going to games and watching them on TV with him. Once i moved away the best part was calling him and talking about all the games.
Enjoy!

My father and I only mute the games when we fall behind. Or did -- haven't been able to watch any with him in a while, which is a drag. Father-son Sooner viewing can't be beat.

Crucifax Autumn
1/7/2010, 03:34 PM
I've had my boy right beside me for every game since he was born and I'll keep that up as long as I live.