PDA

View Full Version : Wonder if all the guys jumping to the NFL

westcoast_sooner
1/6/2010, 06:11 PM
are going because of a possible work stoppage in 2011?

Read that there could be an issue between the owners and the players union after the 2010 season. So, I'm wondering if that thought is driving some (Murray, Franks) kids to make a decision to jump sooner than they might have otherwise? And also wondering if other teams are going to experience the same thing and be a little light in 2010 as far as both talent and experience.

Collier11
1/6/2010, 06:19 PM
Murray hasnt declared yet FWIW, take a look at the thread on Franks, our resident Horn Lid laid out in detail how it will affect players

badger
1/6/2010, 06:38 PM
What Colly said.

If I were in their shoes, the injuries everyone sustained this year might scare me more than a work stoppage. Alas, I was born a girl, so no dreams of Sooner football playin' :D

westcoast_sooner
1/6/2010, 08:59 PM
Yep - read Lid's comments. Thanks for pointing that out, as I hadn't read that thread. Very interesting stuff. Sounds like 2 owner's factions fighting over money, and then the players union probably trying to divide and conquer.

Badger - just what I was thinking about the injuries on the Sooners exascerbating the problem. These guys have had to live with it every day. For a guy like DeMarco who has been injured some in his Sooner career, it has to be something he's looking at - and how he FINALLY, has an off-season he doesn't have to rehab.

So for him and others, they have to also worry about not only the possibility of injury, but also the possibility of a lockout, where they might not even get drafted, or there might not even be a draft until a lot later.

Whichever way these guys decide, I hope it all works out for them.