PDA

View Full Version : Colt McCoy wins Bobby Bowden award

Monster Zero
1/6/2010, 02:20 PM
Just came out. FCA award for Christian athlete.

Personally, I'm happy to see it. I think Colt's a good guy, I'm just sorry that he plays for the whorns.

I'm especially happy that it didn't go to some guy who wears it on his sleeve and who's capable of going psycho in the face of his teammates because they're behind in a game... on national TV.

Congratulations, Colt. You earned it.

fossil
1/6/2010, 02:47 PM

Personally, I'm happy to see it. I think Colt's a good guy, I'm just sorry that he plays for the whorns.

I'm especially happy that it didn't go to some guy who wears it on his sleeve and who's capable of going psycho in the face of his teammates because they're behind in a game... on national TV.

I'm really thinking your a Longhorn troll. Low post count, no info. You a Longhorn fan big time, ain't ya.

Boomer.....
1/6/2010, 02:52 PM
Colt is a great recipient of this award. Congrats to him.

JLEW1818
1/6/2010, 02:56 PM
yep, good kid.. i like Colt

i just don't like mack

Monster Zero
1/6/2010, 02:58 PM
Nope. I became a Sooner in 1959 when my dad said "Don't you want to go to OU and play on Bud Wilkinson's football team?"

Been one ever since.

Just to clarify, I would have voted for our own McCoy, who happens to be from the same High School alma mater as me, OKC Southeast. But I didn't have a vote, Gerald didn't win it, and Colt did.

Good going, Colt.

OKC-SLC
1/6/2010, 03:00 PM
Good for Colt.

Texas can suck it.

Monster Zero
1/6/2010, 03:03 PM
Thank you.

badger
1/6/2010, 03:13 PM
Tebow probably won the previous three. Now that Colt took away his opportunity for another national title and another Bowden award, he is probably crying again... although his emotions are probably more related to his draft stock :D

lexsooner
1/6/2010, 03:28 PM
Frankly Colt McCoy should have won the Heisman this year. Vince Young even more so a few years ago. I still hope they strip Reggie Bush of his Heisman.

badger
1/6/2010, 03:48 PM
Frankly Colt McCoy should have won the Heisman this year. Vince Young even more so a few years ago. I still hope they strip Reggie Bush of his Heisman.

I think the Heisman group should not take Reggie's honor away until the NCAA investigation concludes... I know, I know, there's a chance it may never conclude, but fair is fair. Allegations are just that until they are proven, and if the NCAA isn't satisfied yet, then there's no reason the Heisman group should be.

As much I would love to see USC dishonored further than recent OJ Mayo basketball stuff and get their titles taken away and that awful game-that-isn't-to-be-mentioned-or-whatever score stripped from the record books, I would rather they prove their case first.

And... if they should declare Reggie Bush to be the cheater we all strongly think he is, I don't want them yanking the stiffy arm trophy away and awarding it to someone else, much like I don't want Owen Field to magically get the number "2004" added after 2000. Just Tex-asterisk the year in the record books for the Heisman and the title, and give SC the finger whenver that's mentioned.

Sasakwa
1/6/2010, 04:05 PM
Good for him. I've never seen the "I am Second" deal with him and Sam Bradford, but I've heard its a good watch. From what I hear Colt is for real about his faith, not just a guy who thanks God in the postgame interview.

SOONERKAT
1/6/2010, 04:16 PM
In every post-game interview he gives, you can tell that he is devoutly spiritual, and for that you certainly cannot hate on the guy. The rest of his teammates on the other hand ...

Oh, and the "I am second" web site is worth a look or two. Sam and Colt share a video, and they also each have their own. Don't know how many of you are familiar with the band Korn, but their former guitarist Brian "Head" Welch has a video on there as well, and it is really powerful stuff.

lexsooner
1/6/2010, 05:04 PM
I think the Heisman group should not take Reggie's honor away until the NCAA investigation concludes... I know, I know, there's a chance it may never conclude, but fair is fair. Allegations are just that until they are proven, and if the NCAA isn't satisfied yet, then there's no reason the Heisman group should be.

As much I would love to see USC dishonored further than recent OJ Mayo basketball stuff and get their titles taken away and that awful game-that-isn't-to-be-mentioned-or-whatever score stripped from the record books, I would rather they prove their case first.

And... if they should declare Reggie Bush to be the cheater we all strongly think he is, I don't want them yanking the stiffy arm trophy away and awarding it to someone else, much like I don't want Owen Field to magically get the number "2004" added after 2000. Just Tex-asterisk the year in the record books for the Heisman and the title, and give SC the finger whenver that's mentioned.

Agreed. But if they sanction USC for Bush being on the take for hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of rent, etc., then I would like to see Bush lose the Heisman and VY get it. VY is probably one of the most deserving candidates I have seen in recent years, just carrying that entire team.

The BCS title is another matter. Apparently the BCS has no contingency rules for this situation, so it would have to meet and then make a retroactive finding to strip USC of its BSC title. Even if it did so, they may not award the BCS title to OU or anyone else, especially if the win against OU was "vacated" instead of "forfeited" by the NCAA.

fadada1
1/6/2010, 05:14 PM
colt got an award for being an old figurehead that says daggummit a lot???

who knew.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/6/2010, 05:16 PM

This

swardboy
1/6/2010, 05:24 PM
Now Colt, don't go all "Tiger Woods" on us....

j/k

goingoneight
1/6/2010, 05:45 PM
I like Colt. Mack's not too bad, either.

Some coaches are just not easy to like. Namely those with big hats in Baton Rouge and icemen who retire at the thought of losing their senior QB next year.

It's the Texass fans that bother me. Always have.

King Barry's Back
1/6/2010, 10:49 PM
The BCS title is another matter. Apparently the BCS has no contingency rules for this situation, so it would have to meet and then make a retroactive finding to strip USC of its BSC title. Even if it did so, they may not award the BCS title to OU or anyone else, especially if the win against OU was "vacated" instead of "forfeited" by the NCAA.

Interesting conundrum. If the win against us is forfeited, that means SC becomes the losers of that game, and their opponent becomes the winners of that game. As the winner of that game legally takes the 2004 BCS Title, then OU WOULD IN FACT become BCS Champions -- end of story.

We would not claim it, we would not accept the trophies, and we would not put 2004 on the scoreboard, but we WOULD be the BCS Champions.

Fortunately for all, the NCAA is trending strongly towards vacated wins, rather than forfeits, so the OU game would likely become a vacated victory for SC, rather than a win by forfeit for OU.

I can't see anyway then that the BCS could keep SC listed as champions. I think they would have to either vacate that championship, or find a method to allow Auburn to take it.

Regarding the Heisman, if Reggie Bush's name is removed from the "stiffy arm trophy" records -- I think the award that year would have to be vacated.

It would be illegitimate to say that Bush was the best player that year, but we are giving it to another guy anyway, IMHO.

Crucifax Autumn
1/6/2010, 10:53 PM
Good for Colty and all that, but I', betting the most Christian athlete is some humble guy who hasn't had any coverage of his good deeds.

bluedogok
1/6/2010, 11:44 PM
Good for Colty and all that, but I', betting the most Christian athlete is some humble guy who hasn't had any coverage of his good deeds.
A few years ago when I heard Chris Hall (http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/hall_chris00.html) being interviewed on the sports here I told my wife that he sounds like he could be a preacher, he just has that kind of persona about him. Well, come to find out his father is a preacher in the DFW area and he plans on being a youth minister. This year there was a little more coverage (locally) of some of his off the field activity. He seems like a good guy as well.

There was a story on the news tonight about Colt and Shipley's local church.

I am ready for the game to be over with....Roll Tide

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/6/2010, 11:50 PM
I like Colt. Mack's not too bad, either.

.Colt seems like a stand-up kid. Mack's a pissy-whiner.

picasso
1/7/2010, 12:04 AM

Wrong.