PDA

View Full Version : College Football on TV

Mazeppa
1/6/2010, 01:52 PM
I like college football on TV however I wish someone could come up with a way
to let me know what down it is, maybe a giant freakin’ arrow superimposed on the field would help, you know one that covers about 8 to 10 yards. You could even make them different colors to match the team on offense. Let’s have a cute clock that pops out of the back of it. Or how about some lines to help me keep up with the yardage, and we could make them different colors, and how about a little box that turns yellow when there’s a flag cause I’m to stupid to see the actual flag. I want a box with information on it like the score cause I can’t remember what the score is, and one on top of that one that tells me what I just seen.
I like college football on TV, I mean, I used to.

OUDoc
1/6/2010, 02:05 PM
If you look really closely, sometimes you can see little non-CGI guys in colorful clothing and helmets who run around the field. If they got rid of those guys, think of all the cool graphics they could put on your TV.

Partial Qualifier
1/6/2010, 02:16 PM
Shouldn't they also make sure sponsor's logos are emblazoned anywhere possible on these down & distance arrows, yardage markers, and the like?

NormanPride
1/6/2010, 02:25 PM
I just wish they'd show the coach's cam.

OUDoc
1/6/2010, 02:30 PM
Shouldn't they also make sure sponsor's logos are emblazoned anywhere possible on these down & distance arrows, yardage markers, and the like?
First down marker brought to you by The Big "O".

SteelClip49
1/6/2010, 02:33 PM
Tebow Cam!!!

BillyBall
1/6/2010, 02:52 PM
I really enjoy both the pregame and halftime shows, so full of insight and wit...

OUDoc
1/6/2010, 02:58 PM
I really enjoy both the pregame and halftime shows, so full of insight and wit...

Especially when they stop the coach on the way to the locker room at halftime.
There's a nugget of wisdom every time.

Apparently, sometimes they want their team to move the ball more effectively.
Sometimes, they need to stop their opponent.
And sometimes, the effort just isn't there.

Clever Trevor
1/6/2010, 04:04 PM
... has gotten worse since I left it.

rawlingsHOH
1/6/2010, 04:20 PM
Tebow Cam!!!

Idiocracy!

jaux
1/6/2010, 04:28 PM
I long for the days of no instant replay, no color, only 3 cameras, Lindsey Nelson and Bill Stern.

NormanPride
1/6/2010, 04:32 PM
Do you long for the days when you only had three games on TV?

Sasakwa
1/6/2010, 04:33 PM
I like female sideline reporters who don't know anything about the game but are able to read me touching, heart-warming stories about players or coaches from a note card during a play that would have otherwise been obstructed by graphics.

swardboy
1/6/2010, 05:15 PM
I long for the days when a defensive tackle did a flip from the crossbar of the goal post.....

SoonerLB
1/6/2010, 05:56 PM
I long for the days of my TV screen not being plastered with un-necessary, over-sized logos and stat boxes! A minimum sized stat box with the basics is OK, but get rid of the extra garbage!
Sorry for the rant, but this is one of my pet peeves. ;)

OUinFLA
1/6/2010, 06:19 PM
Do you long for the days when you only had three games on TV?

actually yes, and only those three games being broadcast since all games are played at about the same time.

Im a really old guy. These 10 hour Saturdays are infringing on what little life I have left. (confessions of an addict)

NormanPride
1/6/2010, 06:23 PM
Are you saying there's a better way to be spending Saturday than watching football? Oh man, put yourself out of your misery... ;)

brokenarrowboomer
1/6/2010, 07:28 PM
I enjoy watching the scroll of the scores, and with each score you get the stats of every player on each team, thereby taking 10 minutes per score, and the score I'm interested in is the last to scroll by, mostly done by the NFL games.

Jacie
1/7/2010, 07:35 AM
Not only what everyone said but . . .

(and you young'uns are not gonna believe this)

. . . you could watch all of the channels for free (of course, there were only three of em). There were no fees, no packages, no cable, no satellite, just television that your basic set of rabbit ears (that was what we called the antenna) would intercept out of the ether to appear on your (black and white only) television set.

And since it was barely Sunday afternoon when the games came on, there were no pregame shows (if you went to 12 o'clock mass you were going to miss most of the first half!).

Crucifax Autumn
1/7/2010, 07:54 AM
I long for longing.