PDA

View Full Version : So the Redskins hire Shanahan, how does that effect

OU4LIFE
1/6/2010, 08:07 AM
the possible drafting of Sam?

Shanahan's always been a run first kind of guy. Curious to see how this plays out.

delhalew
1/6/2010, 08:49 AM
Even Shannahan realizes that the rules are set up to favor your passing game. He will want a QB with an arm.

SteelClip49
1/6/2010, 09:15 AM
Shanahan coached under Switzer in 1975... favor the Sooner!!!

soonerboomer93
1/6/2010, 09:22 AM
Shanahan wants a good running game to open up vertical passing.

Elways best years were with Shanahan as an OC and later head coach.

swardboy
1/6/2010, 09:22 AM
Shanahan likes qb's who imitate a helicopter when running for a td....Sam's in.

sooneron
1/6/2010, 09:56 AM
Shanahan likes qb's who imitate a helicopter when running for a td....Sam's in.

I think you mean Ferris Wheel. Unless you're talking about the tail rotor.:D

I don't think it will affect Sam being drafted by the skins. The only thing that has an affect on it will be Sam's combine/Pro day performances. Most head coaches want to put their stamp on the team ala the QB position (unless there is already an established stud on the roster). Don't forget that Mike has always found the diamonds in the rough later in the draft RB-wise. They need inside help on the OL, so maybe they trade up for another early 2nd round pick or trade or someone that's proven.

swardboy
1/6/2010, 10:28 AM
I think you mean Ferris Wheel. Unless you're talking about the tail rotor.:D

Yes, tail rotor...perfect complement to Elway's Superbowl spinning td.

I was encouraged to hear the announcer at the Sun Bowl say Sammy had already begun throwing nerf balls. Sounds like he's on schedule as far as rehab goes. But doesn't this still preclude being involved in combine activities? I wonder if he'll even be able to make a decent Pro day showing on his rehab shedule?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/6/2010, 10:31 AM
They will set up a private workout for him whenever he is ready

soonerboomer93
1/6/2010, 10:38 AM
the RB's excel because of the run blocking. Shanahan had 2 stud RB's play for him (one was a Superbowl, and League MVP, the other they traded to get Champ Bailey). The rest were servicable mostly because of the run blocking used.

ouleaf
1/6/2010, 11:39 AM
All depends on how Shanahan feels about Campbell IMO. Campbell has always been an intriguing player. He's performed a lot better at this level than I ever thought he would coming out of Auburn. He is a "Game Manager" type QB and still a better option than what a lot of other teams have. He just isn't going to put up Pro-Bowl numbers for you.

I believe his rookie contract is finally up after this year, so it will be interesting to see what the Skins will try and work out with him if they do want to keep him.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/6/2010, 11:50 AM
going back to his Auburn days, Campbell has played for about 6 or 7 different OC/play callers....not much of anybody is gonna have success in that situation

sooneron
1/6/2010, 03:42 PM
the RB's excel because of the run blocking. Shanahan had 2 stud RB's play for him (one was a Superbowl, and League MVP, the other they traded to get Champ Bailey). The rest were servicable mostly because of the run blocking used.

That stud MVP was drafted in the 6th round.

rawlingsHOH
1/6/2010, 04:23 PM
Alex Gibbs made Terrell Davis a legend.

goingoneight
1/6/2010, 06:03 PM
Campbell has had his moments. The whole team sucked this year... no leadership or continuity. But it was Washington, so as long as MK got some pub, I loved it!

They also have a young'un named Colt Brennan whom people have been foaming at the mouth and threatening coaches to put him in. He's looked good everytime I've seen him play.