PDA

View Full Version : FOX BCS Coverage......

Sooner7dust
1/5/2010, 10:33 PM
The Fox crew sucks at covering these games....I feel like I am watching an NFL game. I am not a fan of the NFL, so that may be part of it. However, I enjoy the ESPN crew far more than these guys. Also, my picture is different. It's like it has a delay or something. Anyone agree or disagree?

btk108
1/5/2010, 10:38 PM
I like the Fox coverage WAYYYYY better than ESPiN......and their biased views.

Crucifax Autumn
1/5/2010, 10:38 PM
They all suck.

sooner59
1/5/2010, 10:52 PM
Suckitude.

oudavid1
1/5/2010, 11:53 PM
Fox Sucks way worse then ESPN
http://bit.ly/5XSDi8

delhalew
1/6/2010, 12:01 AM
You must not have watched the alamo bowl. Or the three hours of Leach is Satan bowl, whatever they called it.

ndpruitt03
1/6/2010, 12:05 AM
When you don't cover games during the regular season you will suck at covering bowl games. Yes fox has FSN which has their own network guys covering only a few conferences. ESPN/ABC has the monopoly on the rest of the games.

That being said ABC/ESPN is awful too. There's only about 1 or 2 announcers I can stand.

oudavid1
1/6/2010, 12:06 AM
Im very pro-Leach but i still dont like fox, i like brent musberger better than freaking dick stockton?

btk108
1/6/2010, 12:09 AM
Im very pro-Leach but i still dont like fox, i like brent musberger better than freaking dick stockton?

Mushberger....that freakin' whorn sucker? You've got to be kidding me.

delhalew
1/6/2010, 12:10 AM
Whether for or against, you'd think at some point they might have noticed a game was in progress and shut the hell up.

ouwasp
1/6/2010, 12:12 AM
I've said it before... the mute button is your friend. It's how I made it through the "Leach-is-Satan" Bowl...

Wasn't that sponsored by Helicopter Dads Forever and the Good Ol' Boys?

oudavid1
1/6/2010, 12:14 AM

I like his voice and i never hear him call OU games cause im always there, but if i had to pick one it would be Brent, who would you pick?

sooneredaco
1/6/2010, 12:15 AM
Unrelated to this thread I know sorry... but does anybody know where I cam go and get the bowl records by conference? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks

oudavid1
1/6/2010, 12:16 AM

I've said it before... the mute button is your friend. It's how I made it through the "Leach-is-Satan" Bowl...

Wasn't that sponsored by Helicopter Dads Forever and the Good Ol' Boys?

Mike Leach is the most inivative coach in college football and will get hired again, and for all those Kevin Wilson haters maybe we will demote KW to FBs and TEs and bring leach in to coordinate the offense

oudavid1
1/6/2010, 12:17 AM
Unrelated to this thread I know sorry... but does anybody know where I cam go and get the bowl records by conference? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/16343161/

btk108
1/6/2010, 12:17 AM
I like his voice and i never hear him call OU games cause im always there, but if i had to pick one it would be Brent, who would you pick?

Anyone but Mushberger....he's a Mack Brown and Colt McCoy fanatic.....he's repeats himself over and over...I just hit the mute when he's broadcasting.

oudavid1
1/6/2010, 12:21 AM
Anyone but Mushberger....he's a Mack Brown and Colt McCoy fanatic.....he's repeats himself over and over...I just hit the mute when he's broadcasting.

Well Colt is done and Mack is gonna catch a lot of crap for not playing the backup QB this year in all of their blowouts and will have an inexperienced starter next year. Not to mention no offensive line

Crucifax Autumn
1/6/2010, 12:22 AM
When you don't cover games during the regular season you will suck at covering bowl games. Yes fox has FSN which has their own network guys covering only a few conferences. ESPN/ABC has the monopoly on the rest of the games.

The problem with that reasoning is the guys who cover a lot of games don't have the slightest idea what the **** they are talking about either. Guys who cover a college game every week for 13 weeks don't even know the rules in college compared to the NFL and still can't pronounce players' names even after covering the same team 4 times.

ndpruitt03
1/6/2010, 12:35 AM
The problem with that reasoning is the guys who cover a lot of games don't have the slightest idea what the **** they are talking about either. Guys who cover a college game every week for 13 weeks don't even know the rules in college compared to the NFL and still can't pronounce players' names even after covering the same team 4 times.

True the people that cover college games suck anymore. I like watching some of the older games because the announcers were so much better. I know this is OU biased but Bud Wilkinson was so great at doing color for games in the 70s. You can tell why he was such a great coach. He was able to communicate whatever he tried to say. All you see announcers do now is kiss up to whatever is going on or talk about whatever events go on and they sometimes ignore the games.

westcoast_sooner
1/6/2010, 12:51 AM

I've always liked Ron Franklin calling games. Not sure why he isn't calling the big games any more, but he's pretty good.

Mike Patrick is also pretty good. He talks about everything in superlatives, but I don't see him as biased, and he usually pronounces players names correctly.

oudavid1
1/6/2010, 02:45 AM
I've always liked Ron Franklin calling games. Not sure why he isn't calling the big games any more, but he's pretty good.

Mike Patrick is also pretty good. He talks about everything in superlatives, but I don't see him as biased, and he usually pronounces players names correctly.

Yeah Ron Franklin is pretty good, just dont let Lou Holtz(slur) wander up to the booth

stoops the eternal pimp
1/6/2010, 09:21 AM
I enjoy listening to Dick Stockton...He's not great at it, but its mostly it brings back memories of listening to him as a kid

SoonerMavrick25
1/6/2010, 09:30 AM
The Fox coverage is brutal... They show the crowd more then the actual game. Boise st vs TCU they cut to the crowd while play is still going and Boise fumbled.... I think CBS takes the cake when it comes to college football.. I like Verne (and his mistakes) and Gary D. This was Fox last year to carry the BCS correct? 10 year deal right?? So let's see OU was 1-4 I think on BCS games carried by Fox.... Beat FSU. Lost to LSU, Boise, West V, and Florida.... I am ready for it to be on another network.. We sucked on Fox... We did win a Cotton Bowl on Fox!!!

sooneron
1/6/2010, 09:36 AM
I don't think the 01 OB was on Fox. I believe it was on ABC.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/6/2010, 09:52 AM
correct

SoonerPr8r
1/6/2010, 11:27 AM
Jon Gruden is quickly becoming my favorite. He even did a few of the bowl games on the radio. He knows what he is talking about and can say it without 15-20 ums and uhhs in every sentence

illinisooner
1/6/2010, 11:37 AM
CBS is who should get the BCS deal, they have the best college football telecasts, but then again you'd have to listen to an SEC lovefest as well. Pick your poison. Everything about Fox and their coverage is awful, I literally can't think of a single thing they get right in regards to the BCS games.

TUSooner
1/6/2010, 11:48 AM

Mike Patrick is also pretty good. He talks about everything in superlatives, but I don't see him as biased, ato make everything bigger than the gamend he usually pronounces players names correctly.

Ron Franklin is good all around, and he shows entusiasm for the colllege game without trying to drag in a bunch of outside stuff. He lets the game speak.

Honestly, Pat Summerall was OK in the Cotton, but at 117 years old, he's a 1-game-a-year guy.

Gushberger is OK as long as he's not doing a game where the team I like is losing. ;)

I used to like Mike Patrick until he made the outrageously biased statement on the air that Adam James "was punished for having a concussion." DIP ****.

Oh yeah: Verne & Gary are enjoyable too

goingoneight
1/6/2010, 11:53 AM
They're all terrible most of the time. But it beats the hell out of BB, Sr.

They have a few notes about the matchup in front of them, and a roster which they never seem to study to learn things like name pronunciation, who is starting, who #12 is out there on offense versus #12 on defense, etc. They always seem to go with the easy stories.

And for the guys who say CBS rules... listen to any SEC game. "Other conferences can't compete" this, "other conferences' rules are ridiculous" that, Tebow-this, Tebow-that... they're no better than anyone else out there.

ndpruitt03
1/6/2010, 12:43 PM
I can't stand Ron Franklin. I'm pretty sure he doesn't even know where he's at when he does his games. I think I've heard him call OU, Texas this year.

cvsooner
1/6/2010, 12:48 PM
Honestly, Pat Summerall was OK in the Cotton, but at 117 years old, he's a 1-game-a-year guy.

Did anybody else catch his boo-boo in the first quarter, where a timeout was called with three or four seconds on the play clock, and about half the quarter to go? And he said, on air, something like, "with only a few seconds left in the quarter, they called time out." Reminded me of Colt McCoy and the Big 12 champeenship game...

Pat needs desperately to hang it up.

TopDawg
1/6/2010, 01:02 PM
Gushberger is OK as long as he's not doing a game where the team I like is losing. ;)

This is the root of the problem most people have with him. He gets excited about everything. When he's excited about things your team does, you don't really notice it. When he gets excited about things the other team does, it's like salt on the wound. That's why EVERYBODY in college football thinks he hates their team.

In my opinion, CBS has the best production, but I like some of ESPN/ABC's commentators better. But ESPN/ABC also has sooo many games that they have a LOT of craptastic commentators--Gilmore and Spielman at the top of that list.

Actually, Spielman is okay when he's not the primary color guy because he only gets to stick his "bring your feet" thing in there 3 or 4 times a game as opposed to his preferred method of saying it after every play. Hearing him and Griese and their play-by-play co-host was fun during the Northwestern/Auburn game. What was really weird was listening to Papa Griese on the tv, then getting in the car and listening to Griese Jr. on the radio. He sounds JUST LIKE his dad. It was uncanny.

Zbird
1/6/2010, 02:02 PM
Mike Leach is the most inivative coach in college football and will get hired again, and for all those Kevin Wilson haters maybe we will demote KW to FBs and TEs and bring leach in to coordinate the offense

Unlikely. Insufficient room for Leach's huge ego.

ndpruitt03
1/6/2010, 03:06 PM
Bob basically fired Leach before his first season ended. He would tell Leach to run the ball or he would take over the playcalling and call run plays himself.

Dan Thompson
1/6/2010, 08:39 PM
Where's the play clock? Why don't these 'experts' think the play clock is important when a team is trying to do clock management?

silverwheels
1/6/2010, 08:49 PM
ESPN may have biased announcers, but at least their overall coverage doesn't suck as bad as FOX's. Thank Tebow the BCS is done with FOX now.

Lott's Bandana
1/7/2010, 02:26 AM
Unrelated to this thread I know sorry... but does anybody know where I cam go and get a Boomer Sooner ringtone? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks

I like Charles Davis.

Stockton's hair looks like rusty barbed wire. Is that a men's haircolor now?

oudavid1
1/7/2010, 06:28 PM
The Fox coverage is brutal... They show the crowd more then the actual game. Boise st vs TCU they cut to the crowd while play is still going and Boise fumbled.... I think CBS takes the cake when it comes to college football.. I like Verne (and his mistakes) and Gary D. This was Fox last year to carry the BCS correct? 10 year deal right?? So let's see OU was 1-4 I think on BCS games carried by Fox.... Beat FSU. Lost to LSU, Boise, West V, and Florida.... I am ready for it to be on another network.. We sucked on Fox... We did win a Cotton Bowl on Fox!!!

Verne is awesome! I love him, not the SEC

oudavid1
1/7/2010, 06:29 PM
CBS is who should get the BCS deal, they have the best college football telecasts, but then again you'd have to listen to an SEC lovefest as well. Pick your poison. Everything about Fox and their coverage is awful, I literally can't think of a single thing they get right in regards to the BCS games.

Yeah but if they wernt covering just the SEC (and Tebow left) everything SEC will die down a little