PDA

View Full Version : Colt "Bang Bang" McCoy's Replacement

OUrules
1/5/2010, 04:39 PM
Ok, don't flame me but who is the likely starter for Texass next year? I have no clue but was being quizzed by a Gator today.... like I know all things puke orange!! Whoever it is, they must have virtually no PT at all, right?

adoniijahsooner
1/5/2010, 05:00 PM
Garret Gilbert
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NROChN_8-8c&feature=related

He is tha all-time Texas High School passing leader I believe. Has a chance to be an amazing qb

Snyder Cyclone
1/5/2010, 05:01 PM
Garrett Gilbert from Lake Travis H.S., one of the better passing qb's I've seen while coaching in Texas. The best passing QB I have seen was Drew Brees.

lloyd45
1/5/2010, 05:02 PM
more highly touted than mccoy ever was coming out of high school

badger
1/5/2010, 05:04 PM
Colt's younger brother :rolleyes:

JLEW1818
1/5/2010, 05:07 PM
gots Chris Simms written all over him

:D

ashley
1/5/2010, 08:14 PM
I go back an long way in THSC and the is one of the best I have ever seen.
Tommy Kramer
Drew Brees
Sanford
Gilbert

Crucifax Autumn
1/5/2010, 08:20 PM
I'm glad the most revered and sought after recruits frequently suck and get in trouble when they can't make the transition to campus life.

Jacie
1/5/2010, 08:23 PM
Ok, don't flame me but who is the likely starter for Texass next year? I have no clue but was being quizzed by a Gator today.... like I know all things puke orange!! Whoever it is, they must have virtually no PT at all, right?

GG saw mop up duty only.

8 games, 15 of 26 passing for 124 yards with no TD's, no INT's and 1 sack. He ran 6 times for 11 yards and a TD.

Most of his playing time was against La-Monroe, Wyoming and UTEP. He didn't play at all in the 35-3 romp over UCF.

VA Sooner
1/5/2010, 08:55 PM
What about that Brantley kid? Isn't he playing next year? QB competition...

Frozen Sooner
1/5/2010, 09:17 PM
Something tells me that Brantley will never see playing time for UT. Ever.

Crucifax Autumn
1/5/2010, 09:20 PM
I wish Brantley would get the starting job for some nonsense reason so we could see another one of those MAck against the Fans QB controversies again.

Frozen Sooner
1/5/2010, 09:27 PM
I wish Brantley would get the starting job for some nonsense reason so we could see another one of those MAck against the Fans QB controversies again.

That'd certainly be controversial.

Crucifax Autumn
1/5/2010, 09:28 PM
And controversy is what I always hope for with those girls.

Frozen Sooner
1/5/2010, 09:30 PM
And controversy is what I always hope for with those girls.

If Brantley plays a down for Texas next year, I think we're going to see a pretty serious NCAA investigation.

Crucifax Autumn
1/5/2010, 09:32 PM
Ah...lol. OK...just give me some kinda fan enraging battle either way.

sooner94
1/5/2010, 09:34 PM
If Brantley plays a down for Texas next year, I think we're going to see a pretty serious NCAA investigation.

I would agree with that. Are the posts above this being sarcastic?

Frozen Sooner
1/5/2010, 09:36 PM
I would agree with that. Are the posts above this being sarcastic?

I was just waiting for someone to point out that Brantley plays for Florida is all. :D

oudavid1
1/5/2010, 09:41 PM
So for those of us who have no idea who brantley is, why would there be an investigation?? and if you had a senior QB (colt) why wouldn't see to it that your backups play as much as possible! Oh cause mack wants colt to get the heisman.....whoops to late mackie. If I was a texas fan I would not be too happy about the fact we are gonna have a QB with almost no game experience.

delhalew
1/5/2010, 09:48 PM
Garret Gilbert
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NROChN_8-8c&feature=related

He is tha all-time Texas High School passing leader I believe. Has a chance to be an amazing qb

Let's see how good he is when he spends four quarters on his back.:D

Frozen Sooner
1/5/2010, 09:49 PM
So for those of us who have no idea who brantley is, why would there be an investigation?? and if you had a senior QB (colt) why wouldn't see to it that your backups play as much as possible! Oh cause mack wants colt to get the heisman.....whoops to late mackie. If I was a texas fan I would not be too happy about the fact we are gonna have a QB with almost no game experience.

I was just waiting for someone to point out that Brantley plays for Florida is all. :D

:D

Crucifax Autumn
1/5/2010, 09:50 PM
I know I felt like a dumbass when I finally clicked.

cobrapilot
1/5/2010, 10:15 PM
Gilbert is the real deal....their Sam. Kid throws ropes, runs well and his leadin hs receiver McCrary is there with him. And coming next from lake travis Michael Brewer who may be better than Gilbert

nytehorn
1/5/2010, 10:32 PM
Colt had ZERO game experience, and he did ok, so I will take our chances. The main problem I saw with mop up duty, is that he throws the ball so hard! Could be just true freshman nerves, but he MUST develope some touch. It might be a tough season next year for us, as you guys have endured this year. I was prepared for that after Vince left, but Colt led us to a great season; could have been more if he hadn't gotten hurt, so I was really shocked. You guys have a great one coming in, so Landry better be ready for competition! I don't think his starting job is a given coming into next year.

Crucifax Autumn
1/5/2010, 10:41 PM
It's rare that anyone is EVER a lock for a position at OU. The guy that works hardest and shows the best results, ability, and knowledge will always start and it will always be after tough competition. We don't do that "entitlement" bullshat.

bluedogok
1/5/2010, 10:48 PM
Gilbert is the real deal....their Sam. Kid throws ropes, runs well and his leadin hs receiver McCrary is there with him. And coming next from lake travis Michael Brewer who may be better than Gilbert
Lake Travis has won something like 44 in a row, the last game they lost was to 5A Westlake in Sept. 9, 2007, they went 15-1 that season. They have won the last three 4A (08/09 Division 1) state championships. They changed coaches after the 2007 4A-Division 2 Championship as well and have kept it rolling.

Sam didn't have any game experience either when he took his first snap at the start of the 2007 season.

Crucifax Autumn
1/5/2010, 10:53 PM
Easy for them to keep talented kids at a high school where the campus looks like a friggin' vacation resort. Pretty crazy for a public school.

bluedogok
1/5/2010, 11:07 PM
Yeah, it's pretty nice out there. We have looked at some lots in the area but are probably guying to buy on the north shore of Travis because we can get closer to the water for a fraction of the price of the south shore.

Crucifax Autumn
1/5/2010, 11:15 PM
My high school was always pretty jealous when we'd go from our ancient POS school top that place for any events, sports OR academic.

picasso
1/5/2010, 11:49 PM
Garret Gilbert? Seriously?

Thanks for the effin name mom and pops.

Crucifax Autumn
1/5/2010, 11:51 PM
You think that's bad, his middle name is Goober!

Sooner in Tampa
1/6/2010, 06:45 AM
Brantley is the next big deal at Florida. Personally, I think he is going to be a better conventional QB than The Messiah. He is more of a drop back passer...his skills will certainly transfer to the NFL better. Brantley originally committed to the puke orange faggots, but his dad and uncle where both Gaytor honks that finally convinced him to go to Florida...he actually considered OU as one of his final two. His uncle Scot (former Gaytor and Buccaneer) is a HUGE fan of Bob Stoops.

Jacie
1/6/2010, 07:18 AM
. . . and if you had a senior QB (colt) why wouldn't see to it that your backups play as much as possible! Oh cause mack wants colt to get the heisman.....whoops to late mackie. If I was a texas fan I would not be too happy about the fact we are gonna have a QB with almost no game experience.

If you look at 2008 statistics for Oklahoma, Joey Hazle played less then than GG did for the whorns this year. As for OUr future Sooner quarterback, OU had zero returning experience. Remember, conventional wisdom said Sam was not coming back after 2008 so it wasn't like Stoops was grooming his understudy with actual game time. This is common for pretty much all programs, at least the ones that are trying to win.

OUrules
1/6/2010, 08:28 AM
Thanks for all the info! This kid Gober Gilbert may seem all world, but getting no PT at all is going to effect him somewhat for sure. PT is king!! I don't care if you are playing pop warner or in the NFL...

oudavid1
1/6/2010, 10:52 PM
If you look at 2008 statistics for Oklahoma, Joey Hazle played less then than GG did for the whorns this year. As for OUr future Sooner quarterback, OU had zero returning experience. Remember, conventional wisdom said Sam was not coming back after 2008 so it wasn't like Stoops was grooming his understudy with actual game time. This is common for pretty much all programs, at least the ones that are trying to win.

Yeah But Sam wasnt a Senior, Colt was leaving for sure! and Hazle didnt matter because he was a senior, Landry was redshirting.

goingoneight
1/7/2010, 09:32 AM
Exactly. ^This.

Why would we burn someone's redshirt who may not have been ready in 2009, much less in 2008?

Sonner magic923
1/8/2010, 12:54 AM
well, he got some snaps in...