PDA

View Full Version : Sergio Kindle fluff piece

Rhino
1/5/2010, 10:42 AM
(http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/9156/kindles-son-makes-him-more-mature-leader)Kindle's son makes him more mature leader (http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/9156/kindles-son-makes-him-more-mature-leader)

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. -- Texas outside linebacker Sergio Kindle admits he's a big softie around his 3-year-old son, Sergio Kindle Jr.

The birth of his son altered Kindle's priorities and was a life-changing experience, he said.

"Having him changed me because it's my responsibility," Kindle said. "It made me grow up and make smarter decisions. I know he's looking up to me. I feel like the things I do will reflect me and my family. I have to try to keep a clean nose and walk a straight path."

Kindle Jr. is back in Dallas with his mother. Kindle doted on him before he left Texas to play in the game. He's amazed at his child's growth and finds delight in almost everything that he does.

"He still looks like his mama," Kindle said, laughing.

Young Kindle's early toughness has caught the attention of his father.

Future quarterbacks should be considered duly warned.

"He's a tough kid," Kindle said. "He can run into a wall and get up and not cry like I used to when I was little." I wonder if Kindle cried when he drunkenly drove his car into that apartment wall at 3am a few months ago.

Yeah, sounds like he's matured a lot.

OUmillenium
1/5/2010, 10:45 AM
NICE!

Jacie
1/5/2010, 10:53 AM
[URL="http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/9156/kindles-son-makes-him-more-mature-leader"] I wonder if Kindle cried when he drunkenly drove his car into that apartment wall at 3am a few months ago.

Yeah, sounds like he's matured a lot.

Naw. He just got up . . . and ran like hell.

OUDoc
1/5/2010, 10:58 AM
Smarter kids avoid walls. Like his dad, he'll go far at ut.

sooneron
1/5/2010, 10:59 AM
Stories about dumb kids that have kids just warm my heart. Yeah, he's responsible alright. :rolleyes:

I wonder if mama lets the kid in the car when daddy is driving.

sooner59
1/5/2010, 11:15 AM
Get that kid a cell phone and a big wheel!!!

KantoSooner
1/5/2010, 11:21 AM

You, Sir, are awesome!

soonerloyal
1/5/2010, 12:55 PM
:mad: Hey, lay off the kids. Rag all you want on the dads if that's a giggle for ya - although in fairness, if you do it to Kindle you'd have to do the same for OUr players who have babies with their girlfriends. And if you do that to Junior, I'ma come running with something swinging.

Kindle's baby boy is an innocent. When he grows up, if he becomes a Longhorn, have at it. But it's wrong to take potshots at the little ones.

It's a Mama Thing. Ya got my dander up. :mad:

Leroy Lizard
1/5/2010, 12:57 PM
Kindle Jr. is back in Dallas with his mother.

Which would be Sergio's wife? (Just wondering how mature Sergio really is.)

sooner59
1/5/2010, 01:01 PM
Oh, take it easy. It was a joke. I'm not trash talking the kid or anything. I don't know about the others, but I certainly wasn't doing it maliciously. Nobody would even know he had a kid if he didn't do something completely stupid after he claimed that having a kid made him more mature and make better decisions. I'm not hating on the kid. I know why it irked you, but its nothing to make a giant deal about.

Leroy Lizard
1/5/2010, 01:15 PM
I saw nothing wrong with it. Of course, coming from Lizard...

bluedogok
1/5/2010, 11:25 PM
I bet a UT alum already has.....:texan: :D

Crucifax Autumn
1/5/2010, 11:30 PM
Kindle Jr. is back in Dallas with da baby mama.

Fixed