PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana=1 game for Moses

sooner59
1/5/2010, 02:30 AM
http://www.koco.com/sports/22123684/detail.html

Frozen Sooner
1/5/2010, 02:55 AM
Yeah. Something makes me think if they suspended every player every time they smoked some weed, we'd have a really hard time ever getting ten dudes on a basketball court for a game.

soonerloyal
1/5/2010, 08:39 AM
Regardless of the prevalence of marijuana use, it's illegal. Players have an obligation to not break the law - no matter for what university or pro team they play.

Frankly...even though I don't use it or care to be around it, IMO the illegality of it is stupid, a drain on time, money and law enforcement. Not to mention in light of this country's alcohol problems, sheer hypocrisy and a colossal invasion of privacy. But I guess that's a topic for the SO. Sorry.

But again, ya don't do that shat when you have a scholly and your school's reputation to uphold. Dumbarse move on the kiddo's part.

badger
1/5/2010, 09:01 AM
They actually suspended the kid for a game without saying why. Of course, when that happens, media runs court and jail record checks in the area, where they found out he had been arrested, hehe.

SoonerMavrick25
1/5/2010, 09:28 AM
I'm sure he consoled B Spikes. Mr. Moses and Travistey Ford both agree... A half wasn't enough.... Better go with the entire GAME

stoops the eternal pimp
1/5/2010, 10:50 AM
There's only one (game) Marshall Moses

Collier11
1/6/2010, 03:30 AM
moses has had a history of thuggery, case in point was his all out attack on Blake Griffin last yr

badger
1/6/2010, 09:17 AM
Travesty Ford reads this board, apparently.
Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=2&articleid=20100106_93_B1_STILLW930506)
OK, maybe not :D I'm sure we're not the only one calling him Urban Meyer for his lax discipline.

What type of punishment? Ford offered a hint Tuesday night. When asked if Moses, who served his suspension Tuesday night, will return Saturday against Texas Tech, Ford said, "We are taking it one day at a time, but I believe so, yeah — if he still has any legs left after what he is going through."
Uh oh. SOMEbody's channeling their inner Mark Mangino/Mike Leach :rolleyes:

tulsaoilerfan
1/6/2010, 11:44 PM
Regardless of what people think of weed, the fact is it's illegal and he should be suspended for a helluva lot more than 1 game

Eielson
1/7/2010, 12:15 AM
moses has had a history of thuggery, case in point was his all out attack on Blake Griffin last yr

At least he didn't try and eat him.

John Kochtoston
1/7/2010, 12:35 AM
Yeah. Something makes me think if they suspended every player every time they smoked some weed, we'd have a really hard time ever getting ten dudes on a basketball court for a game.

True, but he was driving while stoned. That makes it worse, IMHO, than simply lighting up a doob.

Frozen Sooner
1/7/2010, 12:56 AM
True, but he was driving while stoned. That makes it worse, IMHO, than simply lighting up a doob.

Very valid point. Driving under the influence is no es bueno.

The reaction of some to the simple act of smoking marijuana by a college basketball player is rather reminiscent of Captain Renault.

sooner59
1/7/2010, 01:18 AM
I feel the same as soonerloyal, but I also don't condone driving under the influence of stuff like that.

Collier11
1/7/2010, 01:21 AM
I believe there is actually a big push around the country to get it legalized to some extent, just look at the tax money they could bring in by taxing marijuana