PDA

View Full Version : any closet fans rooting for the horns?

PDXsooner
1/4/2010, 06:58 PM
be honest, are there any fans rooting for the horns? i'm not, i dislike texas too much. however, i dislike alabama as well. all this bama/OU love makes me want to vomit. just the fact that they claim 12 national titles is ridiculous. they may have 6 or 7 legit ones.

reasons to root for texas:

1- keep bama from claiming another title. and we won't have to listed to all the "we've got 13" talk.

2- conference affiliation. number one, so we don't have to hear "SEC, SEC" blah blah blah. in addition, this would be the 4th NC in a row for them.

either way, not enough reasons. ROLL TIDE!!!

prediction: Bama 31 texas 28

Breadburner
1/4/2010, 06:59 PM
**** Texas.....

CaliBornSoonerBred
1/4/2010, 07:01 PM
Bama fan base>stupid whorns

Rollllll Tiiiiiiiiide

GKeeper316
1/4/2010, 07:01 PM
**** Texas.....

^^ this

Curly Bill
1/4/2010, 07:02 PM
There are NO good reasons to root for the whorns.

Bama 27
Saxet 14

MamaMia
1/4/2010, 07:04 PM
Texass sucks...Roll Tide.

SPuL
1/4/2010, 07:05 PM
Alabama 56

Texas 19

:D

SoonerStormchaser
1/4/2010, 07:14 PM
Whorn fans should all get ample prescriptions for cyanide pills.

MichiganSooner
1/4/2010, 07:15 PM
Roll Tide.

Frozen Sooner
1/4/2010, 07:17 PM
1. Rooting for Texas makes you automatically a bad person.
2. At least Bama has 7 national titles, as that's how many AP titles they have. So there. :P

And there's so many reasons for OU fans to get along with 'Bama fans.
They wear the right colors.
They hate an orange UT.
They ran the wishbone for several years.

SoonerShark
1/4/2010, 07:20 PM
Neither team is that great and would be the 7th best team if it played last year behind last years UT, OU, UF, Tech, Utah and even last year's OSU team. Fortunately for UT and UA they are playing in this year.

OU and UT are tied with 110 wins over the 10 year period. Do we want UT to have 111? Do we want Boise State to have 112? Go TCU.

olevetonahill
1/4/2010, 07:20 PM
Id rather eat a shat sammich with mustard as ever root fer saxet

sooner59
1/4/2010, 07:21 PM
^ This.

ELP Sooner
1/4/2010, 07:22 PM
no

SoonerDood
1/4/2010, 07:23 PM
I wouldn't root for Texas to win a spelling contest against Nazi Germany!

PDXsooner
1/4/2010, 07:27 PM
this thread makes me proud. nothing makes me want to vomit more than all the "conference talk" that has infiltrated the sport. thanks, in part to reece davis, espn, and this stupid "bowl cup standings"crap.

OUHOMER
1/4/2010, 07:36 PM
screw texas, ROLL TIDE

ndpruitt03
1/4/2010, 07:36 PM
I might root for a Texas NC if it meant they could never win a game again. But otherwise, Roll Tide.

StoopTroup
1/4/2010, 07:37 PM
Any chance of me rooting for those doosh rockets for anything went flying out the window after how they acted about last year.

They blew it against Tech and didn't deserve the shot.

Leroy Lizard
1/4/2010, 07:39 PM
I hope Bama runs up the score in a vicious way.

But I feel that Texas will win, only because it's been that kind of year.

ouduckhunter
1/4/2010, 07:40 PM
How can I say this politely? H*ll No!!!! :)

picasso
1/4/2010, 07:46 PM
No. I want Texas to die a slow death and for that silver haired hillbilly to have severe spittle accumulated beneath that Jim Beam induced rosacea.

SONofa47straitSOONER
1/4/2010, 07:47 PM
Here's the way I rationalize it: I'm rooting for OUR conference; the big 12, and for it to be more appreciated. I'm tired of all the talking heads and everybody else over-praising the SEC. Yes, it's against my religion to pull for texASS. But, if they get schooled by Alabama, Herbstreet and all his cronies will be lining up to get on their knees and blow the SEC! I'm sick of it.

Remember, over half of our players are from the biggest state in the country - baja Oklahoma. And being the biggest, they should have more talent to pick from. So just by size alone, they should be better than Alabama, or any other SEC team.

Also, if * wins, we get to beat them next year!

ndpruitt03
1/4/2010, 07:49 PM
Here's the way I rationalize it: I'm rooting for OUR conference; the big 12, and for it to be more appreciated. I'm tired of all the talking heads and everybody else over-praising the SEC. Yes, it's against my religion to pull for texASS. But, if they get schooled by Alabama, Herbstreet and all his cronies will be lining up to get on their knees and blow the SEC! I'm sick of it.

Remember, over half of our players are from the biggest state in the country - baja Oklahoma. And being the biggest, they should have more talent to pick from. So just by size alone, they should be better than Alabama, or any other SEC team.

If they win it'll hurt OU more than help. F our conference we need all our confernece teams to lose if anything. Having them win does nothing for OU.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/4/2010, 07:52 PM
Whorn fans should all get ample prescriptions for cyanide pills.Huh...wha?,,,

picasso
1/4/2010, 07:53 PM

No.

1/4/2010, 07:55 PM
I hope Bama runs up the score in a vicious way.

But I feel that Texas will win, only because it's been that kind of year.I got that feeling, too. It's ugly, but don't be shocked, anyone.

Frozen Sooner
1/4/2010, 07:56 PM
Remember, over half of our players are from the biggest state in the country - baja Oklahoma. And being the biggest, they should have more talent to pick from.

There's an awful lot of wrong in your post, but the massive geography fail you've got going on here is pretty egregious.

1/4/2010, 07:58 PM

Also, if * wins, we get to beat them next year!BUNK! A whorns loss can only, and always help our recruiting. What we really need is a way to have the RRS officiated by honest refs.

sooner59
1/4/2010, 07:59 PM
If texas wins, we will have to listen to their *** get even more unbearable until we win another. I don't think they can get more unbearable, so it might tear a hole in the time-space continuum. I don't want to risk certain death.

Leroy Lizard
1/4/2010, 08:02 PM
If Alabama can't crush them mercilessly, then I want UT to lose in the most unfair way imaginable so that it leaves them with excruciatingly bitter feelings. A good Oregon Duck injustice would do well.

StoopTroup
1/4/2010, 08:04 PM

Lots of us felt this way until last year.

It's on +exas to rid themselves of all of this Co-Conference Championship BS and the *'s. I can see fans acting that way but the university and mack have continued to be poor sports. I could care less if they even stay in the Big XII. They are lucky to be in this Conference...it's not an entitlement and they didn't build the Big XII either....they are just a part. They don't own it. They don't run it. And. They don't like it. Let em eat poop and leave if they don't like the way the Conference made last year's decision or if they think being a Co-South Champion means a damn thing. They aren't making the Big XII better...they think they are the Big XII. It's no surprise to anyone that they would start this crap especially how they acted about the Cotton Bowl, The Tunnel etc....

XingTheRubicon
1/4/2010, 08:04 PM
Texas was annoying when we sextupleted them in CC's, now that they've cut that down to tripled, they can hardly keep from wetting their ironed jeans.

I hope half the stadium catches fire.

TahoeSOONER
1/4/2010, 08:08 PM
No, roll.....

SoonerBacker
1/4/2010, 08:16 PM
F*#K saxeT! I will NEVER pull for them in AYNTHING!

As to the "Also, if * wins, we get to beat them next year," comment. I got news for you! We get to beat them next year regardless of the outcome of this game.

ROLL TIDE, ROLL!

PDXsooner
1/4/2010, 08:21 PM
I got that feeling, too. It's ugly, but don't be shocked, anyone.

agreed

PDXsooner
1/4/2010, 08:22 PM
There's an awful lot of wrong in your post, but the massive geography fail you've got going on here is pretty egregious.

yeah, rhode island would feel slighted!

sooner59
1/4/2010, 08:24 PM
This is why you root for Bama:

I'm at my g/f's house in Dallas. I was talking to her brother (big horn fan) about the Fiesta Bowl and TCU and what not. Her step-sister (who claims to be a HUGE horn fan) walks into the room and hears us and says: "Did texas make it to a bowl this year?" We both looked at her like she had lost her mind. He told her they were in the title game, and then he said, "But you knew texas beat OU earlier in the season?"

Her response: "Hell yeah! Yeah we did!"

A texas "fan" knew that texas beat OU, but had no idea that texas was playing in the national championship game.

I promise you every Bama fan knows they are in the title game and are foaming at the mouth.

I rest my case.

recemp
1/4/2010, 08:30 PM
Anybody want to chip in to have a plane fly over the game saying that the winner of Boise/TCU is #1?

SoonerBigD
1/4/2010, 08:31 PM
That's a silly question. The passion of the Red River rivalry should prevent any self respecting Sooner fan from cheering for the hated horns. I'll root for any other Big 12 team, but not this one. In '05, I was hoping for an earthquake. I'll settle for a 'Bama win this time.

S008NER
1/4/2010, 08:32 PM
No self respecting Sooner would ever pull for them in anything.

recemp
1/4/2010, 08:39 PM
That's a silly question. The passion of the Red River rivalry should prevent any self respecting Sooner fan from cheering for the hated horns. I'll root for any other Big 12 team, but not this one. In '05, I was hoping for an earthquake. I'll settle for a 'Bama win this time.

An earthquake is a good option

Blues1
1/4/2010, 08:40 PM
Bama 44 Texasss 14 ~~~~ :)

Rockin'

A Sooner in Texas
1/4/2010, 09:06 PM
I hope Bama beats the whorns 45-35.

jkjsooner
1/4/2010, 09:11 PM
I've been to six OU/Texas games in person. OU is 0-6 in these games. I've had to put up the "OU Sucks" chant many times while exiting the Cotton Bowl and I've had the horn sign shoved an inch from my face after a hard fought loss.

All that being said, I'm sick of the SEC fans. There are some who are absolutely blinded by the SEC propoganda. I'll be rooting for the Big 12 and Texas.

Plus, I haven't lived in the Oklahoma/Texas area for quite a while. I understand that those who live in Texas have a very good reason to root against UT. I don't have to put up with annoying Texas fans on a daily basis. And, frankly, the last two times I've been ribbed by Texas fans they were hot chicks and very good natured so there's no complaints there...

Frankly, I don't see Texas winning though. I'm not convinced they were a very good team this year.

btk108
1/4/2010, 09:14 PM

Who cares what ESPN and their overpaid monkeys think. They've proven they're more than biased. Root for saxet to make them think more of us? No freakin' way.

soonerboomer93
1/4/2010, 10:40 PM
**** Texas

SONofa47straitSOONER
1/4/2010, 10:42 PM
Why it matters what ESPN thinks is because they have the platform and can sway voters in our current system. They decide what replays to show over and over. Some voters don't ever watch all the games, so they go to ESPN to get their info. And if they see the SEC suckfest continuing, more and more will believe it.

Yes, we get to beat them every year. But next year, if the shortWHORns win, a victory over the reigning national champs would carry some weight in the voting.

instigator
1/4/2010, 11:03 PM
**** TEXAS!!!

MyT Oklahoma
1/4/2010, 11:16 PM
I was a Big 8/Big 12 loyalist until last year. After that banner flyover crap, Mack Brown's endless whining and the who-could-believe it * in the UT locker room enough is enough.

Tide 35.. * 14. Roll Tide Roll.

btk108
1/4/2010, 11:48 PM
ESPN has ruined what little credibility they had.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/5/2010, 12:52 AM
I like closets. Especially big walk-in ones.

I have been known to reject houses and apartments as unsuitable residences for me in large part because of their sorely deficient closets.

So yeah, I guess you could say I am a closet fan.

I don't see what that has to do with rooting for Texas, though. Which I won't be doing, no way in hell. Roll Tide!

;)

1/5/2010, 01:12 AM
Came down the chimney, old St. Nick
Bringing bags of coal for Mack the hick.
Back up the chimney don't you know
Whorns lose the big one ho ho ho.

WA. Sooner
1/5/2010, 01:33 AM
BOOMER SOONER
Roll Tide

yermom
1/5/2010, 01:39 AM
i still had a glimmer of being okay with Texas winning and slowing down Bama's 500 MNCs and the SEC SEC SEC business

then i spent last week at football games in Texass wearing OU gear

**** Texas. **** all of those **** orange wearing t-shirt fans. **** them every one.

Roll Damn Tide

Frozen Sooner
1/5/2010, 01:58 AM
For what it's worth, I've been to several 'Bama games this year and I've never once heard anyone chanting "SEC SEC SEC." I don't think the 'Bama fans are as big on that as the rest of the conferences, since 'Bama actually has their own tradition to rely on.

Crucifax Autumn
1/5/2010, 02:33 AM
Texass can suck it...twice.

1/5/2010, 02:41 AM
For what it's worth, I've been to several 'Bama games this year and I've never once heard anyone chanting "SEC SEC SEC." I don't think the 'Bama fans are as big on that as the rest of the conferences, since 'Bama actually has their own tradition to rely on.You are prolly right, but also, they would be less likely to yell "SEC" when playing another SEC team...
Anyway, nobody I know of in the SEC has many NC's to its credit like Bama does, at least until LSU got #2 and #3 just recently, same as FU did. A buddy of mine from TN said he thinks it's a confederacy thing, sort of the Southeastern states vs the rest of the country. Some truth in that, I suppose.

Frozen Sooner
1/5/2010, 02:45 AM
That's true, and who cares enough about the Sun Belt and the...er, whatever conference UT-C is in to chant "SEC" at them? Oh, and FIU.

Ugh. The non-conference slate at Bryant-Denny was brutal this year. At least Bama got one decent non-conference game vs. Virginia Tech in Atlanta.

At least next year we get Penn State (and Florida!) at home. Plus, USC fans keep telling us what a brutal schedule they play with San Jose State on their schedule every year, and 'Bama gets the Spartans at home. ;)

SoonerBacker
1/5/2010, 06:53 AM
Even DIs hate saxeT!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EHmefyksm_I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EHmefyksm_I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

wishbonesooner
1/5/2010, 08:15 AM
No way, no how.

birddog
1/5/2010, 08:39 AM
the only closet fans that might support texass may as well come out of the closet for another issue.

SoonerJack
1/5/2010, 08:49 AM
not a chance. i want to see McCoy and his stupid roommate crying on the sidelines.

soonerloyal
1/5/2010, 08:53 AM
Id rather eat a shat sammich with mustard as ever root fer saxet

The universe went out of alignment for the 2005 season, and many of us felt forced to eat that orangey-colored shat sammich. I refuse to do so ever again.

RAMMA JAMMA YELLOW HAMMAH
GIVE 'EM HELL ALABAMA!!!!!

ROLL TIDE!!!!!

soonerloyal
1/5/2010, 08:55 AM
I've been to six OU/Texas games in person. OU is 0-6 in these games.

Sweetie, stay home next year, okay? :D

Boomer Mooner
1/5/2010, 09:12 AM
I watched the Sun Bowl at a cigar store in Katy, Texas this year. Watched most of the OU games at the same place all season. But for the Sun Bowl, three guys came in I haven't met before and started cheering for OU.

Trust me, this was odd, and even more odd it turns out they were all whorn fans as well. I asked them about it and they said you have to root for your conference.

Stupid ****ed up whorns...Roll Tide!

SteelClip49
1/5/2010, 09:15 AM
Texas fanbase is classless and just plain stupid.

I went to the OU/UA game in Tuscaloosa in 2003 and my oh my what hospitality and class they were and still are. Plus we both bleed crimson!!!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!

soonerbrat
1/5/2010, 09:18 AM
Texas winning does NOT help OU in any way, shape or form. Has anyone else noticed that since they won that NC that the tide (no pun intended) has turned? They are a big rival when it comes to recruiting. We get a lot of players from the state of Texas. Why would the best ones go out of state when there's an NC winning team in their own state? They'll get the recruits that are on the fence. OU beat them 5 years in a row and now they've beat us what, 3 of the last 4?

F*** Texass. Roll Tide.

beer4me
1/5/2010, 09:23 AM
I would rather have a cave full of fruit bats fly up my azz as to root for uterus.

**** uterus
**** uterus
**** uterus
**** uterus
**** uterus
**** uterus
**** uterus
**** uterus
**** uterus
**** uterus
**** uterus
**** uterus

OBTW

**** uterus

RTR

boomermagic
1/5/2010, 09:38 AM
ROLL TIDE !!!!!!

JLEW1818
1/5/2010, 09:40 AM
rooting for horns.. lol

HA

no chance

olevetonahill
1/5/2010, 09:45 AM
Sweetie, stay home next year, okay? :D

What I were thinking .

homerSimpsonsBrain
1/5/2010, 09:57 AM
I'm rooting for the San Andreas Fault

TexasLidig8r
1/5/2010, 10:00 AM
http://www.connectamarillo.com/uploadedImages/kvii/Sports/Stories/Longhorns%20Logo.jpg

IslandSooner
1/5/2010, 10:12 AM
ROLL TIDE ROLL.....

OUmillenium
1/5/2010, 10:25 AM
Great thread, only 2 dooshes chose to pull for the failing whorns, 1 on page 2 and 1 on page 3, I think.

Makes me feel good that the logical and true Sooner fans are united on this subject.

Who cares about the conference v conference crap.

If OU wins out, we will be in the title game every year. We control our own destiny. If we lose a game, then we have screwed our chances a bit. That still won't make me pull for LosuR or *.

Those SEC chants are a joke. I would never chant Big 12 for any reason. I would chant OU or any OU cheer but wow, how weak do you have to be to hang your laurels on your conference? I don't think we would hear Bama or LSU pull out the SEC chant...cuz they've won something on their own before.

Crucifax Autumn
1/5/2010, 10:31 AM
Hey lid...You should get that checked out. I think you have uterine cancer.

sooner59
1/5/2010, 10:33 AM
Hey Lid, the thread says closet fans, not fans who are in the closet.

TexasLidig8r
1/5/2010, 11:06 AM
Hey Lid, the thread says closet fans, not fans who are in the closet.

When I came out of the closet, I had a "straight-ectomy" operation performed.. am fully functional now... an erudite, very well dressed, sophisticated urbanite straight man.. but.. straight nonetheless.

sooner59
1/5/2010, 11:12 AM
When I came out of the closet, I had a "straight-ectomy" operation performed.. am fully functional now... an erudite, very well dressed, sophisticated urbanite straight man.. but.. straight nonetheless.

Your bow-tie says otherwise.

Sorry, I just had to add that jab. It was too easy. :D

yermom
1/5/2010, 11:27 AM

i think that just means that you can't see how gay you are anymore

NTTAWWT

Pricetag
1/5/2010, 11:34 AM
I hope Texas gets GOWWDNS'ed.

texas bandman
1/5/2010, 11:34 AM
I've been to six OU/Texas games in person. OU is 0-6 in these games. Then you need to stop going to the RRS. :D

and **** Texas...Roll Tide.

OU4LIFE
1/5/2010, 11:37 AM
If I still had my Die I A Fire page, saxeT would always be on it. (Beano stole it from me)

They could lose every game from here to eternity and it wouldn't be enough.

Frozen Sooner
1/5/2010, 11:47 AM

Wouldn't straight-ectomy mean you had your straightness removed?

oudivesherpa
1/5/2010, 12:01 PM
I admit it. I'll root for Texas. I'm old, I grew up in the tradition that if you were a National league baseball fan, you rooted for the NL in the World Series. I root for all Big 12 teams when they play non-conference teams. I want the Big 12 to be the best conference in the Nation and I want OU to be the Best team in the conference. I yearn for the days gone by when the old Big 8 conference finsihed 1, 2, and 3 (OU, Neb and Col.) in the National rankings.
Even though I grew up in the mid-west, I've been an OU fan since I was 12, I went to the OU/Notre Dame game in South Bend in 1956, even though my Dad and brother both went to ND, there was something espeical about OU, I became a fan that day and went on to become an OU Alumni and contirbutor to the OU Foundation.
I lived for fifteen years in Georgia and when their teams chant SEC, it helps recuriting not only for Georgia but for all of the SEC teams.

I want kids to come to OU, not only because we are the best team in the nation, but because we play in the Big 12, the best conference in the Nation.

1/5/2010, 12:17 PM
I admit it. I'll root for Texas. I'm old, I grew up in the tradition that if you were a National league baseball fan, you rooted for the NL in the World Series. I root for all Big 12 teams when they play non-conference teams. I want the Big 12 to be the best conference in the Nation and I want OU to be the Best team in the conference. I yearn for the days gone by when the old Big 8 conference finsihed 1, 2, and 3 (OU, Neb and Col.) in the National rankings.
Even though I grew up in the mid-west, I've been an OU fan since I was 12, I went to the OU/Notre Dame game in South Bend in 1956, even though my Dad and brother both went to ND, there was something espeical about OU, I became a fan that day and went on to become an OU Alumni and contirbutor to the OU Foundation.
I lived for fifteen years in Georgia and when their teams chant SEC, it helps recuriting not only for Georgia but for all of the SEC teams.

I want kids to come to OU, not only because we are the best team in the nation, but because we play in the Big 12, the best conference in the Nation.Nice try...ROLLLLL SEC. DROWN(HEL*, TSUNAMI) THE WHORNS!

Frozen Sooner
1/5/2010, 12:23 PM
Yea Alabama!
Drown 'em Tide
Every Bama man's behind you
Hit your stride
Go teach the Bulldogs to behave
Send the Yellowjackets to a watery grave
And if a man starts to weaken that's a shame
'Cause Bama's pluck and grit have writ her name in crimson flame
Fight on fight on fight on men!
Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then! Hey!
Roll on to vict'ry, hit your stride
You're Dixie's football pride Crimson Tide
ROLL TIDE ROLL TIDE!!

Chiliman
1/5/2010, 12:40 PM
No way in hell would I root for fexus. It is really tough when fexus and the pukes play.

soonerloyal
1/5/2010, 12:44 PM
I admit it. I'll root for Texas. I'm old...
I want kids to come to OU, not only because we are the best team in the nation, but because we play in the Big 12, the best conference in the Nation.

JMOO - hey, I'm old too, but there's nothing in the Old Sooner's Manual that requires me to root for Texas U. We can be the greatest conference - indeed, the horns can win most of their games too - without me or anyone else in the Sooner Nation cheering the Horns on. Same thing for those fans in Austin, when the tables are turned.

I refuse to sully myself with the dirtiness that comes from *gag* hoping TU wins their games.

I need a hot shower with antibacterial soap and a rough brush, just typing about it, let alone doing it. *shudder*

boomersooner28
1/5/2010, 01:01 PM
ROLL TIZZLE!! (long story) :D

SunnySooner
1/5/2010, 01:06 PM
As a Sooner living in FL, an Alabama win is just allsome on a bunch of different levels. ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KC//CRIMSON
1/5/2010, 01:55 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4043/4248076803_6f647221df_o.jpg

+1

btk108
1/5/2010, 04:32 PM
+1

Awesome....just awesome.

Living close to the border...I can smell Texas from here

Bourbon St Sooner
1/5/2010, 04:46 PM
I live in the heart of SEC circle jerk country and will root for any Big 12 team to beat any SEC team

except for *

Roll Tide!