PDA

View Full Version : Apple Tablet

BermudaSooner
1/4/2010, 04:46 PM
What say you people? Will this oversized iPod touch revolutionize the PC world, or just another cool device?

http://www.innosight.com/blog/apple_tablet.jpg

http://www.pcworld.com/article/185771/5_ways_id_use_an_apple_tablet_besides_on_the_toile t.html

StoopTroup
1/4/2010, 05:58 PM
Can you have teh secs on it?

yermom
1/4/2010, 06:39 PM
i might buy one if it has an Intel proc. if there is an ARM in there, i don't think i want any part of it. full-on OS X too, if it runs the iPhone/iPod Touch OS, ewww

of course, it's also going to need a stand or something, really.

StoopTroup
1/4/2010, 06:42 PM
Also....it needs to be durable like the IPOD IMO.

CaliBornSoonerBred
1/4/2010, 06:47 PM
With the rumored price range(600-800), it's really just a glorified iPhone or a scaled down Macbook. I admit that I am an apple fan boy but this is one purchase I will not make because it doesn't seem to make sense in comparison to the other Apple devices out there. The best info I've seen about it (and I believe it was on Appleinsider.com) was that it's just a beefed up iPhone 3GS. So basically, IMHO, it will be just another cool device.

King Crimson
1/4/2010, 07:02 PM
well, if it's Apple, it must be worth 300$ more than the other similar product on the market....*and* make you use some crap software with lower performance than an open source product and feel all awesome about it (while Apple pretends it's really anti-capitalist and all about the good times of personal expression)....when the reality is that Apple is like the old Bell monopolies with vertical integration.

Frozen Sooner
1/4/2010, 07:08 PM
Someone told me that the display integrates e-paper, which is kind of nice. If they can work some deal with Amazon to read Kindle files as ePaper it may not be a bad pickup to get the integrated functionality-but all in all, I think it's a pass.

sooneron
1/4/2010, 10:24 PM
If they were smart, they'd dumb it down, make it hearty, and target it to smaller kids. I'd love for my kid to have an interactive type of device like this (seeing as how Gates thinks this style is the future also). Of course, they'd need to bring the sticker price down. I'd spend around $300-400 if I knew it would withstand a drop or two and would grow with my little one.

soonerboomer93
1/5/2010, 12:46 AM
nope