PDA

View Full Version : staying or going?

CBUS_SOONER
1/4/2010, 04:35 PM
Beal, Murray, or Lewis. Did I miss anything???? Predictions. Sorry if posted already.

gaylordfan1
1/5/2010, 10:02 AM
I think they all stay. Beal will def stay.

Rhino
1/5/2010, 10:33 AM
Broyles, Taylor, Franks and Lewis all said before the bowl game that they are staying.

Beal could make the jump - let's hope he doesn't. He won't test well in the combine.

Murray would be making a mistake by leaving, but I'm hearing more and more that it may happen.

Carter is a weird one - nowhere near ready, but sounds like he's at least considering it.

JR Bryant redshirted this year to come back in 2010, but has decided to enter the draft.

soonerfan28
1/5/2010, 10:59 AM
Bryant has the measurables but doesn't the fact that he hasn't had much field time hurt his chances of even making a team. I know that it's not likely he'll play much next year w/whats coming back but that just doesn't seem to make sense

Monster Zero
1/5/2010, 11:34 AM
Broyles, Taylor, Franks and Lewis all said before the bowl game that they are staying.

Beal could make the jump - let's hope he doesn't. He won't test well in the combine.

Murray would be making a mistake by leaving, but I'm hearing more and more that it may happen.

Carter is a weird one - nowhere near ready, but sounds like he's at least considering it.

JR Bryant redshirted this year to come back in 2010, but has decided to enter the draft.

I'd bet money on DeMarco going this year. He could raise his stock by coming back, but something tells me... this year. Let's hope he succeeds if he does and that our young guys make the most of the opportunity.

Chiliman
1/5/2010, 12:42 PM
Beal's aunt told me 3 weeks ago he was leaving. I guess that could change.

Regardless of public comments, I think Murray and Lewis are leaving.

Boomer.....
1/5/2010, 01:57 PM
Dom just declared for the NFL.

OK2U
1/5/2010, 02:12 PM
The Bradford/Gresham effect begins..

goingoneight
1/5/2010, 02:12 PM
If you're leaving, get it out of the way, guys. We need to get competition going ASAP. A position suddenly up for grabs with a whole off-season to prepare for it tends to really bring out the best in some guys (Sam Bradford, Dom Franks, etc.).

soonerfan28
1/7/2010, 10:26 AM
It looked like to me that when Calhoun played he looked really good. That was late in games but I'm excited to see what he can do so if Murray goes I think we'll have some nice talent and pretty good competition at RB.

NormanPride
1/7/2010, 10:55 AM
His fumbles worry me. I know the one against OSU would have been overturned, but still. I can't wait for Jonathan Miller to get well... he was exciting!

jonclarkx
1/7/2010, 12:17 PM

I don't even remember Carter playing much this year...I know he was injured for a while. Remind me again how he fared this year?

rawlingsHOH
1/7/2010, 12:22 PM
I don't even remember Carter playing much this year...I know he was injured for a while. Remind me again how he fared this year?

He started every game this season, was outstanding. Bunch of picks, maybe 100 tackles.

RedstickSooner
1/7/2010, 02:07 PM
I hear everyone's leaving. Everyone. Even Stoops. He hopes to go in the late rounds as a DB, and work his way into a starting spot. Even if it has been a while since he played in college, he figures his work ethic and ball hawking ability should be enough to crack a lineup.