PDA

View Full Version : Todd McShay's top 5 in the draft......

Salt City Sooner
1/4/2010, 02:31 PM
FWIW, just watched him on espn news, & here's his top 5:

1. Rams- Suh
2. Lions- GK
3. Bucs- Eric Berry
4. 'Skins- Bradford
5. Chiefs- he mentions Okung & Trent, but ended up going w/ Anthony Davis from Rutgers, assuming he passes the character tests.

Collier11
1/4/2010, 02:33 PM
I have heard that the Redskins love SB, hopefully its true...not cus I want him to go there but I want him to cash in

stoops the eternal pimp
1/4/2010, 02:34 PM
Now that there is gonna be a new coach hire, SB to Washington is lot more likely than before

sooner518
1/4/2010, 02:35 PM
i grew up a Redskins fan so this would be awesome. although I imagine that Shanahan (or whoever else they hire) would have some significant say in this decision. Jason Campbell aint the answer, thats for sure

SteelClip49
1/4/2010, 02:55 PM
The last Cornhusker to win the Lombardi and Willis awards before Suh was 3x national champion Grant Wistrom who won a Super Bowl with the RAMS.

St. Louis is looking to draft Suh from the Huskers.... could see something happening here, perhaps another Super Bowl for the RAMS in the forseeable future.

Hmmm......the Washington Bradskins!!! Oh and how fitting it would be to play for the Redskins with his Cherokee blood.

Husker In Oklahoma
1/4/2010, 03:01 PM
Oh and how fitting it would be to play for the Redskins with his Cherokee blood.

I thought all the indian folks were ashamed of the sports teams with indian nicknames and were all just downright offended? :rolleyes:

Boomer.....
1/4/2010, 03:07 PM
3 players in the top 10 picks would be amazing.

swardboy
1/4/2010, 03:08 PM
I thought all the indian folks were ashamed of the sports teams with indian nicknames and were all just downright offended? :rolleyes:

But they loves the Sammie !!

Eielson
1/4/2010, 03:40 PM
The last Cornhusker to win the Lombardi and Willis awards before Suh was 3x national champion Grant Wistrom who won a Super Bowl with the RAMS.

St. Louis is looking to draft Suh from the Huskers.... could see something happening here, perhaps another Super Bowl for the RAMS in the forseeable future.

The Rams also drafted a guy named Lawrence Phillips. Also Eric Crouch. Most recently Adam Carriker.

But yeah, Rams are going to win the Super Bowl next year. I'm glad somebody else is catching on.

SPuL
1/4/2010, 03:41 PM
I hope he somehow drops to 10th so the Jags can take him! :D

Chuck Bao
1/4/2010, 04:06 PM
That would be a very interesting angle, FEO, for sports writers to pick up on - a Native American to be quarterback for the Redskins in our nation's capital. I would instantly become a big Redskins fan and root against the Cowboys when they played.

Ditto on Big Suh and the Rams. The Rams will pick up a lot of fans from the Nebbish faithful many of whom are willing to drive.

I am more into this NFL draft than any other.

King Crimson
1/4/2010, 04:10 PM
i'm OK with Sam dropping some and not being drafted by the Lions or that career death franchise ilk.

i know i should know this, but who is "GK"?

Frozen Sooner
1/4/2010, 04:11 PM
Gerald K. McCoy.

NOVSooner
1/4/2010, 04:14 PM
unless the skins get better on their offensive line i'm afraid sam may be in for a beginning much like the beginning of this season...not so much the injury, but the having 0 time to do anything in the pocket. their o-line in the games i've seen are horrible

NOVSooner
1/4/2010, 04:15 PM
also, i know the chiefs have cassel but would they try to go after Sam, i mean it could only help ticket sales surely?

King Crimson
1/4/2010, 04:18 PM
Gerald K. McCoy.

ah OK, i'm not on the lingo. been away from this board for a while. glad it's one of our guys.

GKeeper316
1/4/2010, 04:19 PM
im still holding out hope that sam goes to the raiders... since im trying to get a job in northern ca :P

Frozen Sooner
1/4/2010, 04:20 PM
ah OK, i'm not on the lingo. been away from this board for a while. glad it's one of our guys.

:D It threw me for a while as well, but that's apparently been his nickname for a long while-like he introduces himself as GK McCoy.

Salt City Sooner
1/4/2010, 05:36 PM
I hope he somehow drops to 10th so the Jags can take him! :D

FWIW, I've heard more than a few times that J-ville's owner is SEVERELY infatuated with Tebow.

NOVSooner
1/4/2010, 05:39 PM
FWIW, I've heard more than a few times that J-ville's owner is SEVERELY infatuated with Tebow.

i wonder if he's looking at $$$$ signs or potential?!

Collier11
1/4/2010, 05:43 PM
The Jags have horrible attendance and he thinks it will boost attendance, the problem is that NFL fans arent stupid, if they draft Tebow and the Jags are still an 7-9 team, they wont give a sh*t either way

NorCaligator
1/4/2010, 06:19 PM
im still holding out hope that sam goes to the raiders... since im trying to get a job in northern ca :P

That's just being mean.

yermom
1/4/2010, 06:30 PM
The Jags have horrible attendance and he thinks it will boost attendance, the problem is that NFL fans arent stupid, if they draft Tebow and the Jags are still an 7-9 team, they wont give a sh*t either way

they would still sell a pantload of jerseys to the locals this year though

yermom
1/4/2010, 06:33 PM

ugh.

still better than anyone in the NFC East that's not the Dallas Cowboys

illinisooner
1/4/2010, 06:35 PM
Sam to Seattle would be quite nice.

Eielson
1/4/2010, 06:55 PM

If he picked Tebow in the first round...

SPuL
1/4/2010, 07:00 PM
Nah, man. It wasn't the owner it was the governor. The writer for the Jags, Vic Ketchum, he does an "ask Vic" column and you can imagine TONS of Florida fans have asked about Tebow and drafting him. He himself has said Tebow has poor mechanics and would NOT be a good pick for the JAgs. And he's said in discussion with the "people who's opinion actually matters" on the topic that they aren't as high on him either. Drafting Tebow would be a step backwards for the Jags. They do need a young QB though.

Exactly. Winning is the best remedy. Jags already have one FLOP from Florida. Reggie Nelson. He is BEYOND awful (blew the coverage on that Wayne BOMB TD against Colts couple weeks ago).

I swear, with the Jags having the 10th pick in a good draft, I will switch my NFL allegiance if they dare draft Tebow in the first round. :mad:

Frozen Sooner
1/4/2010, 07:05 PM
NFL fans arent stupid

Explain the fact that the Raiders have fans. At all.

ELP Sooner
1/4/2010, 07:29 PM
Gresh to the Cards...love to see him play with an all-time great like Kurt Warner.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/4/2010, 07:45 PM

BOO!!

JLEW1818
1/4/2010, 07:50 PM
Tell Todd to quit looking... I've said Sammy to skins for months....

Raider fans. Lol

stoops the eternal pimp
1/4/2010, 08:01 PM
boo!!

Eielson
1/4/2010, 08:57 PM
Gresh to the Cards...love to see him play with an all-time great like Kurt Warner.

An all-time opportunist. He has thrown to Bruce, Holt, Fitzgerald, and Boldin. 4 HOFers?

sooneredaco
1/4/2010, 09:06 PM

Wow they must really need a tight end..... or maybe they really need a spiritual leader, like a chaplin or something.

Salt City Sooner
1/4/2010, 09:35 PM
From my "I can only hope they get him because we haven't had a decent threat at tight end since Tony McGee" file:

I got this week's TSN today & in their Draft Dish, it says that with Chase Coffman on IR, the Bengals are "scouting Oklahoma TE Jermaine Gresham heavily." Pleasepleaseplease....

One other Sooner blurb in there mentioned that the Raiders are "doing their homework on 3 OT's: OSU's Okung, USC's Charles Brown, & OU's Williams.

They also had a top 25 player list. Big 12 players were:

1. Suh
3. GK
4. Dez Bryant
5. Okung
10. Trent Williams
13. Colt McCoy
17. Gresham

tulsaoilerfan
1/4/2010, 09:38 PM
I have heard that the Redskins love SB, hopefully its true...not cus I want him to go there but I want him to cash in

If Sam goes to Washington, i will puke :mad:

Curly Bill
1/4/2010, 09:40 PM
Even if Sam goes to the Skins I'll still hate 'em.

That would make me sad.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/4/2010, 09:46 PM

Besides, why would you pick a guy in the 1st round that you can get in the 5th?

Frozen Sooner
1/4/2010, 09:52 PM
Besides, why would you pick a guy in the 1st round that you can get in the 5th?

To keep Al Davis from drafting him in the 1st?

SPuL
1/4/2010, 10:00 PM
^LOL so true

Collier11
1/4/2010, 11:59 PM

you got me there, wait, STEP?

Eielson
1/5/2010, 12:09 AM
Bradford to Redskins beats Griffin to Clippers.

Frozen Sooner
1/5/2010, 12:12 AM
you got me there, wait, STEP?

See? Proof that not all NFL fans are smart. :D

Kidding, STEP, kidding. No idea why you'd be a Raider fan, though.

Collier11
1/5/2010, 12:13 AM
he has self destructive tendancies

Eielson
1/5/2010, 12:14 AM
He's a masochist.

Frozen Sooner
1/5/2010, 12:21 AM
Nah, I'm not talking about them sucking. I lived with being a San Diego fan through some terrible terrible years. I just don't understand being a Raider fan, even if they're making the playoffs every year or whatever. Who'd want to be associated with that gigantic bag of assclowns?

misplaced_sooner
1/5/2010, 03:38 AM
I hope SB doesn't go to the skins. I'm a Cowboys fan, ie a skins hater. NO!!!!!!!!!!

Blitzkrieg
1/5/2010, 07:11 AM
The good news for McCoy? You can buy a house in Detroit for $1000.

Husker In Oklahoma
1/5/2010, 07:13 AM
i mean it could only help ticket sales surely?

Thas the one area the Chiefs dont need help in.

PLaw
1/5/2010, 07:15 AM
My prayer is that the Vikings find a way to move up and select SAM. With Farve having only 1-2 years left (if this isn't his final swan song), it would be great for Sam to go to a place where he can sit on the sidelines and learn the NFL game for 2-3 seasons before being thrown to the wolves.

I can see Sam becoming the next Brady given the right circumstances.

BOOMER

SoonerJack
1/5/2010, 08:57 AM
My prayer is that the Vikings find a way to move up and select SAM. With Farve having only 1-2 years left (if this isn't his final swan song), it would be great for Sam to go to a place where he can sit on the sidelines and learn the NFL game for 2-3 seasons before being thrown to the wolves.

BOOMER

drooling at this idea.

sooner59
1/5/2010, 10:31 AM
Though I do feel better about the Skins prospect if Shanahan is the coach, I'm still all for the Vikes.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/5/2010, 11:07 AM
See? Proof that not all NFL fans are smart. :D

Kidding, STEP, kidding. No idea why you'd be a Raider fan, though.

Marcus Allen
Bo Jackson
Tim Brown
Tecmo Bowl...

I'm not sure how it happened either...When I was 6, I saw Marcus Allen run for 183 yards in a game and I was hooked ever since.

Its not like im a die hard or anything.. ...They've just turned into a carwreck I can't help but watch

stoops the eternal pimp
1/5/2010, 11:08 AM
To keep Al Davis from drafting him in the 1st?

This...

Boomer Mooner
1/5/2010, 02:15 PM
I thought Tebus was skipping the draft and going straight to heaven?!

BetterSoonerThanLater
1/5/2010, 04:33 PM

BOOMER

me likey

oupride
1/5/2010, 10:14 PM
FWIW, just watched him on espn news, & here's his top 5:

1. Rams- Suh
2. Lions- GK
3. Bucs- Eric Berry
4. 'Skins- Bradford
5. Chiefs- he mentions Okung & Trent, but ended up going w/ Anthony Davis from Rutgers, assuming he passes the character tests.

Who is GK? Sorry.

Frozen Sooner
1/5/2010, 10:16 PM
Who is GK? Sorry.

Gerald K. McCoy

kustang619
1/6/2010, 03:37 PM
I live in St. Louis and I don't want Suh. The Rams are always taking guys to help their O and D line yet they never seem to get better...If we are going to take a lineman I would love McCoy, but I don't want Suh. I would love to see the Rams take an impact player, a game changer, I am tired of getting guys for the line.

Collier11
1/6/2010, 04:06 PM
um, a dominant DT is a game changer

JLEW1818
1/6/2010, 04:08 PM
Warren Sapp

rawlingsHOH
1/6/2010, 04:19 PM

No doubt!

Frozen Sooner
1/6/2010, 04:48 PM
I live in St. Louis and I don't want Suh. The Rams are always taking guys to help their O and D line yet they never seem to get better...If we are going to take a lineman I would love McCoy, but I don't want Suh. I would love to see the Rams take an impact player, a game changer, I am tired of getting guys for the line.

This.

Successful teams are built from the inside out.

Teams that draft first usually go for a QB, WR, or RB first overall. That's why they end up drafting first every year.

Curly Bill
1/6/2010, 08:09 PM
This.

Successful teams are built from the inside out.

Teams that draft first usually go for a QB, WR, or RB first overall. That's why they end up drafting first every year.

I find myself in agreement with this.

Lay that foundation first (OL/DL) then go get the fancy stuff.

Eielson
1/6/2010, 10:24 PM
The problem with the line theory with St. Louis is that we've drafted Jimmy Kennedy, Damione Lewis, Ryan Pickett, and Adam Carriker.

Frozen Sooner
1/6/2010, 10:31 PM
Well you DO have to draft good ones.

Curly Bill
1/6/2010, 10:35 PM
heh

Eielson
1/6/2010, 10:40 PM
Well you DO have to draft good ones.

Well, as safe as idiots such as Craig James think picking DTs are, they're not.