PDA

View Full Version : Mossis Madu

Partial Qualifier
1/4/2010, 01:43 PM
Now, what was the reason we moved him to slot receiver?

His combination of speed + power kinda jump off the TV screen and every time I see him I think "why are we not getting the ball in his hands more often" ?

Thanks, I'll listen off the air.

yermom
1/4/2010, 01:47 PM
Broyles is a ball hog :(

if you mean at RB, i don't think he could ever pass Murray or Brown

soonerinabilene
1/4/2010, 01:47 PM
been wondering that same thing every saturday since september.

OUDoc
1/4/2010, 01:48 PM
They wanted to get him on the field more.

Not actually use him for anything, just get him on the field more.

Widescreen
1/4/2010, 01:49 PM
Dude is the most exciting players we have when he has the ball in his hands - he looks like he's going to break one every time even though he doesn't. He seems like he's moving full speed the second he touches the ball. I do hope we use him more next year (or he figures out what he's supposed to be doing).

delhalew
1/4/2010, 01:54 PM
The kids got talent. I expected better results in the slot.

I just think they weren't going to unseat Brown(sr workhorse) or Murry(that should be obvious).

With the poor run blocking, I'm not sure it matters who is back there.

Partial Qualifier
1/4/2010, 02:04 PM
They wanted to get him on the field more.

Not actually use him for anything, just get him on the field more.

:D

The kids got talent. I expected better results in the slot.

I just think they weren't going to unseat Brown(sr workhorse) or Murry(that should be obvious).

With the poor run blocking, I'm not sure it matters who is back there.

Point acknowledged about the run blocking, but I'd think -- of all 3 of these guys -- Madu may be the one most likely to create yards where there are none. At least worth a try.

Curly Bill
1/4/2010, 06:18 PM
I think we moved him to receiver when he couldn't put on enough weight to play center. ;)

StoopTroup
1/4/2010, 06:25 PM
I think we moved him to receiver when he couldn't put on enough weight to play center. ;)

Qui? You mean "You and Kevin"? :D

Curly Bill
1/4/2010, 06:28 PM
Qui? You mean "You and Kevin"? :D

Yup, me and KW are buds. :P

I keep telling him he should take his fat *** back to the Big 10, but he says Bob would be too sad to see him go. :D

StoopTroup
1/4/2010, 06:31 PM
Yup, me and KW are buds. :P

I keep telling him he should take his fat *** back to the Big 10, but he says Bob would be too sad to see him go. :D

He has Laser Beam Eyes....don't stare at him.

Curly Bill
1/4/2010, 06:32 PM
He has Laser Beam Eyes....don't stare at him.

You think he's used those eyes to hypnotize Bob into letting him keep his jorb?

StoopTroup
1/4/2010, 06:33 PM
Everyone is scared of him except you.

Just be careful Bill. :D

Curly Bill
1/4/2010, 06:38 PM
Everyone is scared of him except you.

Just be careful Bill. :D

What's the worst he could do, put me at RB next season and continually run me into the buttcheek of one of the guards?

Oh wait! I just gave away half our gameplan for next season, sorry KW. :(

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/4/2010, 09:18 PM
he caught one pass in the bowl game on an option route and he looked pretty good doing it. while i understand you have to be able to run more than one route in college football to see the field, the option route is one that just tears teams up. heck wes welker has made a career out of that one little route.

tulsaoilerfan
1/4/2010, 09:47 PM
Hard to believe that KW couldn't figure out a formation that would get both madu and broyles on the field at the same time, isn't it? If there's ever a Sooner that should have transferred to another school it's Madu; he's a true Sooner for sure

MikeInNorman
1/5/2010, 11:15 AM
My previous post on this matter:

In my opinion, the biggest mistake made by the staff this year, when we have dire shortage of playmaking ability, is the Madu fiasco. They somehow contrived to move Madu from playing behind Murray and Brown to playing behind Broyles. Their acknowledgement of this mistake came as early as the BYU game when Brown and Murray didn't show up and Madu was tried in desperation at running back, a position at which he had not practiced since the NC game, just to attempt to get something going on the ground. Not surprisingly, this did not work. That same game showed the terrible lack of depth and playmaking ability in the WR corps, so Madu is now stuck at being Broyles' backup, because we can not afford to have someone who is not completely prepared to be Landry's primary (and usually only) read in the event of Broyles' absence, but we can't afford to ever have Broyles out of the game, either.

I'm in the "kid is a victim of poor decisions by the staff" camp.

SoonerAtKU
1/5/2010, 12:23 PM
I'm not sure how many 4-WR sets we ran this year, but he seems tailor-made for a slot position opposite Broyles, or in a 3-bunch formation. If you can get a LB matched up on him in coverage, or a safety pulling the wrong way looking at Broyles, Madu could really do some damage. Bear in mind, I have no actual football knowledge, but that seems to make sense to me.

TUSooner
1/5/2010, 12:31 PM
You mean Morris?

I got nuthin :O

OUmillenium
1/5/2010, 12:50 PM
He was the 2nd option on every single pass play we ran. Notice he didn't get many touches. Landry lovers in 3...2...1...

boomersooner28
1/5/2010, 12:59 PM
Apparently Mossis needs to steal some gas before he gets playing time. ;)

Oh come on, it was funny.

goingoneight
1/5/2010, 02:21 PM
So a guy who never got to play at RB surprises us when he makes a position change and never gets to play at his new position, too?

You know what that usually means, right?

Means you ain't all that great.

Partial Qualifier
1/5/2010, 04:28 PM
So a guy who never got to play at RB surprises us when he makes a position change and never gets to play at his new position, too?

You know what that usually means, right?

Means you ain't all that great.

That's sound reasoning if you also believe football coaches make perfect decisions 100% of the time. In a season where running lanes were practically nonexistent, obviously he's got talent so why not give him a try at RB to see if he can create something?

mightysooner
1/5/2010, 08:30 PM
When has Madu been exciting with the ball in his hands outside of his performance in the CCG against Mizzu? He's an average kick off returner at best and hardly exciting that I've seen.

VA Sooner
1/5/2010, 08:58 PM
I thought Madu was moved to receiver when we depleted our receiving corps? Then Caleb, Miller and occasionally Reynolds stepped up.

But Broyles is the man! I think he's forty.