PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone watch the Offense-Defense All-American Bowl?

adoniijahsooner
1/3/2010, 09:02 AM
We had a lot of commits play in this game, with 4 starters on the o-line, who helped pave the way for KP Parks to rush for 194 yards. Brennan Clay started at tailback and had 44 yards on his 1st 2 carries. The only negative about the whole game was Case McCoy was being protected by 4 Sooners, I really hate that.

Basically a game where the Pac 10 and Big 12 region takes on ACC, SEC, and Big East region. The West dominated 35-0. Thought I'd post this for those who felt bad after D. WHite skipped to Texas, just to show everyone we have some talent coming in as well.

http://www.salisburypost.com/Sports/010309-Parks

Taking handoffs from the likes of Case McCoy — Colt's younger brother — and running behind an offensive line with four Oklahoma recruits, the undersized back in No. 18 looked like a five-star prospect
Torrea Peterson our D-line recruit was wrecking shop as well.

This is a practice report

During one-on-one bump-and-run drills, the West defensive backs got the better of the play, but a pair of Oklahoma commits in receivers Joseph Powell and Kenny Stills both were able to get loose. However, throws from quarterbacks Pete Thomas (Colorado State commit) and Terrance Broadway (Houston commit) were usually well off the mark as the receivers and quarterbacks work on their timing, and depth of routes.

AD's cousin

Another Oklahoma commit making his presence felt was defensive tackle Torrea Peterson, who was disruptive in running drills. Frankly, the offensive linemen had trouble blocking him on plays to the right side of the formation.

Future sooners who participated

Bronson Irwin OL
Kenny Stills WR
Brennan Clay RB
Torrea Peterson DT
Adam Shead OL
Tyrus Thompson OL
Austin Woods OL
Joe Powell Ath

boomerborn79
1/3/2010, 09:27 AM
We had a lot of commits play in this game, with 4 starters on the o-line, who helped pave the way for KP Parks to rush for 194 yards. Brennan Clay started at tailback and had 44 yards on his 1st 2 carries. The only negative about the whole game was Case McCoy was being protected by 4 Sooners, I really hate that.

Basically a game where the Pac 10 and Big 12 region takes on ACC, SEC, and Big East region. The West dominated 35-0. Thought I'd post this for those who felt bad after D. WHite skipped to Texas, just to show everyone we have some talent coming in as well.

http://www.salisburypost.com/Sports/010309-Parks

Torrea Peterson our D-line recruit was wrecking shop as well.

This is a practice report

AD's cousin

Future sooners who participated

Bronson Irwin OL
Kenny Stills WR
Brennan Clay RB
Torrea Peterson DT
Adam Shead OL
Tyrus Thompson OL
Austin Woods OL
Joe Powell Ath

Good scouting, Thanks.:)

VA Sooner
1/3/2010, 11:34 AM
Future looking brighter... 4 o-linemen starting... that's exactly what we need for next year.

delhalew
1/3/2010, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the info.

IronHorseSooner
1/3/2010, 02:08 PM
Maybe I'm just venting, but I think when we look back a few years from now, OUr trio of McCay, Stills, and Powell will be better than the UTerus trio of Davis, White, and Cobbs. That's not to mention that we also have two other receivers in the mix as well (McClain and Franks). Having 4 OL that good always helps. See, the staff went out and got areas that we needed- OL, WR, and TE/FB. Now with the last 4, I would get another QB, maybe a kicker, one OL, and one DL.

adoniijahsooner
1/3/2010, 02:23 PM
I was really disgusted by Mike Davis' attitude after his touchdown. The Florida and texas recruits really showed their asses yesterday. Our guys beat the crap out the east team, with 4 offensive lineman dominating, and I have to search the internet just to get some information.

IronHorseSooner
1/3/2010, 04:05 PM
The Florida and tex@$$ really show their asses all the time.

Fixed!

The same thing happened in the Under Armor Game. You could tell a UTerus or FLA recruit from the rest. For the most part, recruits from places like OU, 'Bama, FSU, PSU, and even SUC seemed to have a better attitude that those clowns. As I stated in another post, you can spot a recruit of either one like a harlot in church.

Soonerfan88
1/3/2010, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the link. Good to see our guys are already representing well.

FYI - Torrea is not related to AD as far as either of them know. That was just a message board rumor that media repeated without verifying.