PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Reynolds

CaliBornSoonerBred
1/2/2010, 10:43 AM
Didn't see much mention of him from the Bowl game and I know he missed a few tackles but I wanted to give props to RR for his 12 tackle game and for his career. The young man had 3 separate ACL tears in his college career and fought hard to get back from all of them. He showed his heart and will in all of this and was another great team player in this short run of Sooners(Eldridge, GK, Sam, Trent, Gresh, etc all come to mind in great team players and good young men). Thank you for all you did as a Sooner and I personally learned just how valuable you were to this team when you went down with knee injury #3 last year. Hopefully he can get a shot at the next level but here's to luck in whatever endeavors he may encounter. Thank you for busting your a** for the University we all love so much.

sooner59
1/2/2010, 10:49 AM
On the fourth down play near the end, he was the one that hit the QB as he was trying to throw it to Gerhart. So his last play as a Sooner was a successful one.

PLaw
1/2/2010, 11:35 AM
RR makes me damn proud to be a Sooner - courage, tenacity, toughness, and perserverance. Never heard him whine or have a pity party, he just bowed his neck and kept coming back. Yeah, this young man will be successful in life.

God Bless RR.

BOOMER

delhalew
1/2/2010, 11:45 AM
He had a pretty good day. He was in there mixing it up.

MyT Oklahoma
1/2/2010, 12:03 PM
Thanks for everything Ryan and wishing you the best in the years to come. Glad your a Sooner.

OU-HSV
1/2/2010, 12:08 PM
I agree, he went through a lot with his injuries and never quit. I know many of us (including myself) where a little critical of his speed this year but to have the kind of career he had at OU while working through injuries...I'd say the guy was solid. Even though he seemed a step slower this year he often was in good position and made plays.
Props to RR and here's to a successful future whether it be in football or just life in general.

44BluesExplosion
1/2/2010, 01:45 PM
Gerhart Quote:

Their defense was incredibly fast, but I was most annoyed with Reynolds. He stings you. Every time he hit me, it hurt.

rawlingsHOH
1/2/2010, 02:53 PM
He looked good

Crucifax Autumn
1/2/2010, 03:29 PM
He's an awesome player with a ton of heart. I'll be sad to see him go.

OUmillenium
1/2/2010, 06:39 PM
Here's to Ryan Reynolds, Brody Eldridge, and Auston English(1st team All big 12 academic). Great players who have dealt with major injuries and adversity but have always represented the University and the program with class. Awesome

IslandSooner
1/2/2010, 10:55 PM
Thank You Ryan Reynolds...Boomer Sooner.
Good Luck in Lifes' Ventures

LawtonBoy74
1/3/2010, 03:57 AM
I guess I'm late but did he get the extra year from the HATERS @ the front office of the NCAA???

Chiliman
1/3/2010, 12:33 PM
RR was the difference in the game in the second half. For all the fawning over Ronnell Lewis, Ryan actually made some tackles. Lewis' made some great plays on STs, as he did all year. However, watch the game. He ain't close to being a 'great LB'.

Good luck Ryan! You'll be a great coach.

cvsooner
1/3/2010, 12:46 PM
I guess I'm late but did he get the extra year from the HATERS @ the front office of the NCAA???

Nope. Denied, twice.

cherokeebrewer
1/3/2010, 01:03 PM
Ryan Reynolds has been a warrior for the Sooners. I salute him!

I doubt he even trys for the NFL...He needs to be able to walk when he gets older...

boomerborn79
1/3/2010, 01:19 PM
RR was the difference in the game in the second half. For all the fawning over Ronnell Lewis, Ryan actually made some tackles. Lewis' made some great plays on STs, as he did all year. However, watch the game. He ain't close to being a 'great LB'.

He ain't close????? I thought he was in position all day and tackled well. No missed tackles and a good run stuffer= Good LB 3 more years of the same = great. But definately on track. I feel comfortable with him as a starter next year. RR you are the epitomy of a Sooner, I have enjoyed watchinf you. Good luck to you young man. Boomer Sooner

sooneron
1/4/2010, 12:43 AM
Thanks for all that you left out there RR!!

King Crimson
1/4/2010, 12:45 AM
big RR fan.

Jdog
1/4/2010, 01:17 PM
cheers and Boomer Sooner to RR!

sooneron
1/4/2010, 01:26 PM

Slagging on a younger player in a thread about a great Sooner "aint" cool....

..and if you really think that R Lewis "aint" even close, your football iq is not what you think it may be.

:rolleyes:

KantoSooner
1/4/2010, 01:41 PM
RR is and was a 'great' sooner for anyone who looks beyond the headlines.

R. Lewis? Well, it is perhaps enough at this stage to note that people standing around in my kitchen, two rooms away from the t.v. asked "Who was THAT?" when he nailed that Stanford KO returner. And the t.v. wasn't on loud. Lad brings a load.