PDA

View Full Version : Funny thread on TigerRant- original text added

OUinFLA
1/1/2010, 09:49 PM
Link (http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=17215484)

check out the other threads, that is one very angry fanbase.

edit: I posted the text below, the board deleted the thread, it got a bit heated rather quickly.

Rogue
1/1/2010, 09:57 PM
Heh.

I'm still baffled by the whole SEC loyalty thing.

Rogue
1/1/2010, 09:58 PM
It was just a matter of time before they turned on Lester.

Leroy Lizard
1/1/2010, 09:59 PM
I'm a bit of a troll. I went to Penn State and found it very interesting that you southerners have such "conference love".

And how long has PSU been in the Big 10 conference?

RacerX
1/1/2010, 10:06 PM

It's Leslie, damn it.

OUinFLA
1/1/2010, 10:09 PM
It's Leslie, damn it.

yeah, but, Leslie the molester just doesn't sound as good.

OUstud
1/1/2010, 10:27 PM
"Stop! You do not have the authority to view this page!" :confused:

OUinFLA
1/1/2010, 10:29 PM
LOL, they deleted the thread

It was a PSU fan ragging on the LSU fans for being so pro-SEC(conference supporters)

He then pointed out that PSU had only been in the Big 10 for about 8 years and in that time had beaten SEC teams 6 times and lost only twice

He blamed it on the SEC's "Southern" heritage and not being able to get past losing the Civil War.

Sorry I didnt copy it.

OUstud
1/1/2010, 10:37 PM
LOL, they deleted the thread

It was a PSU fan ragging on the LSU fans for being so pro-SEC(conference supporters)

He then pointed out that PSU had only been in the Big 10 for about 8 years and in that time had beaten SEC teams 6 times and lost only twice

He blamed it on the SEC's "Southern" heritage and not being able to get past losing the Civil War.

Sorry I didnt copy it.

:D Nice.

85sooners
1/1/2010, 10:41 PM
:D

OUinFLA
1/1/2010, 10:42 PM
Well..........I had it open in another window so I did have a copy
Posted by a Penn Stater on the LSU board:

I'm a bit of a troll. I went to Penn State and found it very interesting that you southerners have such "conference love".

Maybe it's because you lost the civil war, I don't know. Maybe it's because we're new to this conference stuff, but I hate Ohio State and Michigan and root against them.

Your SEC arguments are silly. Your arrogance that your mediocre team would destroy our mediocre team based upon that argument was even more silly. At least our boards believed, rightly so, that this was going to be a good game.

I've followed your rants for a month about how you would destroy us.

We DOMINATED you in EVERY facet of the game except the scoreboard.

Don't blame the refs or the field.

You have a top 5 recruiting class as we do next year.

Good luck in the future, but just realize that Penn State is 6-2 since joining the Big Ten against your mighty SEC.

Since the time JoePa has been coach at PSU they have won 15 major bowls (i.e. Orange, Cotton, Rose, etc.). In that time span Florida, Georgia, and LSU have combined to win 17.

JoePa - 15
Florida, Georgia, & LSU - 17

Also in that time span JoePa has won 25 bowl games, more than any SEC school in that same period of time.

JoePa - 25
Flordia & LSU - 29

JoePa has lost 2 bowl games in a row only once while head coach. During this time Florida, Georgia, LSU, and Alabama have all lost at least 4 bowl games in a row, some multiple times.

and that is all still without games being played in the North!

You lost the war. The "SEC" wins 25% of bowl games against us, so we're really not scared of your so called "speed".

Johnny Utah
1/1/2010, 11:03 PM
I don't think he's that far off. I've had to endure living in sec country for about 20 years and overall the fanbase is pathetic ... they actually know very little about the game of football but wrap their whole "fandom" of the sport in that their "teams" (and I do mean teams) play in the bestest confrunce evar. However there is light at the end of the tunnel as in 2 days I move to colorful colorado and hopefully far far away from all that is the almighty sec (as long as I dont watch too much espn ;) ).

OUinFLA
1/1/2010, 11:06 PM
one funny retort from a Tigger fan down the page from the OP.

Well your women are still ugly.

soonerborn30
1/1/2010, 11:09 PM
That's hilarious. Bring up the Civil War to the wrong Southerner and you might get shot in the face. Especially if the redneck in question's team has just crapped the bed. Gotta love their unity, right?

DenverSooner751
1/1/2010, 11:12 PM
I don't think he's that far off. I've had to endure living in sec country for about 20 years and overall the fanbase is pathetic ... they actually know very little about the game of football but wrap their whole "fandom" of the sport in that their "teams" (and I do mean teams) play in the bestest confrunce evar. However there is light at the end of the tunnel as in 2 days I move to colorful colorado and hopefully far far away from all that is the almighty sec (as long as I dont watch too much espn ;) ).

Pre-welcome to Colorado!

While you may escape the SEC lovefest, you're walking straight into SUC lovefest....for some reason, there are pockets of Denver where there are a ton of SoCal transplants......and those the fly the SUC colors here are truly in the ranks of the most epic ******rs in the land.......for sure though, this is an improvement over the SEC! SEC! SEC! crowd......

Couple of great bars here in Denver that host game day watch partys.

Johnny Utah
1/1/2010, 11:24 PM
Pre-welcome to Colorado!

While you may escape the SEC lovefest, you're walking straight into SUC lovefest....for some reason, there are pockets of Denver where there are a ton of SoCal transplants......and those the fly the SUC colors here are truly in the ranks of the most epic ******rs in the land.......for sure though, this is an improvement over the SEC! SEC! SEC! crowd......

Couple of great bars here in Denver that host game day watch partys.

thx for the welcome as well as the heads up ... you're probably in the midst of the suc dooshers there in highlands ranch :cool: and you're probably right that they're more bearable than the SEC! SEC! SEC! crowd. I've never had an issue with one supporting their TEAM, just with this whole conference thing that's infected college sports. Fwiw, my wife grew up in Littleton and we lived there after we were married but "had" to move away when the economy crashed in the late '80's. Well the economy crashed again and with no job in Atlanta any more we're movin' back!

bluedogok
1/1/2010, 11:28 PM
Yeah, the economy crapping out kind of interrupted our plans of moving to Denver from Austin. Right now we are just in a holding pattern until things pick up there.

Johnny Utah
1/1/2010, 11:34 PM
Yeah, the economy crapping out kind of interrupted our plans of moving to Denver from Austin. Right now we are just in a holding pattern until things pick up there.

I kinda know what you mean ... we still have a house to sell in the Atlanta area but have the benefit of being able to live at our son's house in the Springs (he will deploy to Afghanistan in April) or my mother-in-laws house in Centennial (she unfortunately will not be deploying anywhere), while looking for viable work.

sooner518
1/1/2010, 11:36 PM
theyre really going to town blaming the bad field for their loss today. "IT NEGATED OUR SPEED ADVANTAGE@!!!!"

what a bunch of idiots. http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=17213217

Frozen Sooner
1/1/2010, 11:41 PM
Too bad nothing can really negate their Terrible QB Disadvantage.

Johnny Utah
1/1/2010, 11:43 PM
theyre really going to town blaming the bad field for their loss today. "IT NEGATED OUR SPEED ADVANTAGE@!!!!"

what a bunch of idiots. http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=17213217

sec fans love to pull out excuses like this when things dont go their way ... think about it, when was the last time an sec team had to play a big game in really nasty conditions (not in a dome or in florida)?

rawlingsHOH
1/1/2010, 11:46 PM
Heh.

I'm still baffled by the whole SEC loyalty thing.

I agree. I almost always root AGAINST other big 12 teams.

Piware
1/1/2010, 11:56 PM
Heh! They clearly have never played a conference championship game at Arrowhead Stadium. Slick as snot and colder than a sled dog's behind.

sooner518
1/2/2010, 12:01 AM
they are on full meltdown mode over there. everyone is calling for Lester's head and posting the LSU AD and president's email addresses..... funny stuff.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/2/2010, 11:03 AM
Too bad nothing can really negate their Terrible QB Disadvantage.

You forgot their terrible coach disadvantage. Nice inside screen with 25 seconds left and no timeouts.

DenverSooner751
1/2/2010, 11:25 AM
thx for the welcome as well as the heads up ... you're probably in the midst of the suc dooshers there in highlands ranch :cool: and you're probably right that they're more bearable than the SEC! SEC! SEC! crowd. I've never had an issue with one supporting their TEAM, just with this whole conference thing that's infected college sports. Fwiw, my wife grew up in Littleton and we lived there after we were married but "had" to move away when the economy crashed in the late '80's. Well the economy crashed again and with no job in Atlanta any more we're movin' back!

Ah, you being familiar with this part of the world is now obvious...because YES, Highlands Ranch is full of doosherifick SUC fans.

Glad to hear you are moving back, my wife also grew up in Littleton. It sure has changed a lot in the past 10 years, let alone the past 20!

PLaw
1/2/2010, 11:31 AM
sec fans love to pull out excuses like this when things dont go their way

Thinking about it, utex would be a really good fit in the SEC.

BOOMER

BlownGP
1/2/2010, 11:46 AM

about time?? They turned on him after the ole miss loss..

I cant wait to get to work monday and listen to the morning radio talk show. Fans are going to call in and be bitching like little babys. Fire miles, LSU sucks. You should have heard it after the ole miss loss.

It sucks living here sometimes. LSU fans are SO stuck up, if they don’t go to a NC game or at least a good bowl game. They get pissed.

Im wearing my OU gear proud all weekend.. hahahaahah

Johnny Utah
1/2/2010, 02:28 PM
Thinking about it, utex would be a really good fit in the SEC.

BOOMER

good thinking

SOONER

Johnny Utah
1/2/2010, 02:33 PM
Ah, you being familiar with this part of the world is now obvious...because YES, Highlands Ranch is full of doosherifick SUC fans.

Glad to hear you are moving back, my wife also grew up in Littleton. It sure has changed a lot in the past 10 years, let alone the past 20!

Thx again ... we get back every year or so and you're right it has changed. However it seems people are still into being outdoors and physically active, as well as supporting the local PRO teams, which will be refreshing coming from sec-land. We'll have to meet up at the local SoonerFans hangout on gameday next season.

LSUdeek
1/2/2010, 05:35 PM
You guys know how it is to start a crappy QB. I'm still not sure if our offense sucks so bad because Jefferson is too limited or if Crowton is a dumbass. His slant audible to Lafell for a TD was a very nice adlib.

recemp
1/2/2010, 06:54 PM
You guys know how it is to start a crappy QB. I'm still not sure if our offense sucks so bad because Jefferson is too limited or if Crowton is a dumbass. His slant audible to Lafell for a TD was a very nice adlib.

Don't know about the QB, but Crowton is a dumbass - ask any Chicago Bear fan.
Maybe they are ready for Ron Turner

EnragedOUfan
1/2/2010, 07:36 PM
I've had to live in SEC country myself. I lived a year and some change in Georiga and lived 2 years and some change in Alabama. Living wise, both places were not that bad. I never had many encounters with UGA fans nor football talks in Georgia. All of the Alabama/Auburn fans that I encountered and dated were all pretty cool. Out of the SEC, I like Alabama/Auburn fans the best. LSU fans are absolute worst. But Texas fans are the scum of the earth and they top any SEC fan in my opinion.......

stoopified
1/2/2010, 07:40 PM
I do miss having Leslie around to laugh at.Laughing at him after the 52-9 beatdown was priceless.You figured which team is which yet,Les?

OUinFLA
1/2/2010, 07:41 PM

Jefferson didn't look very good, but Im thinking it was the condition of the field that more of an effect on his play. Dry field and ability to scramble waiting on your speedy receivers to find an opening does not play well in 3" deep soft ground.

but, more to the point, are you still pissed about the outcome of the Civil War?

recemp
1/2/2010, 07:47 PM
but, more to the point, are you still pissed about the outcome of the Civil War?

The Civil War is over?

Watched that program on the History Channel the other day - it seems to be their contention that it's not

LSUdeek
1/2/2010, 10:48 PM
Jefferson didn't look very good, but Im thinking it was the condition of the field that more of an effect on his play. Dry field and ability to scramble waiting on your speedy receivers to find an opening does not play well in 3" deep soft ground.

You haven't watched him all year; too busy dealing with Tiger barbs most likely. :)