PDA

View Full Version : Important Message from John Coleman

FlaBama
1/1/2010, 09:46 PM
John Coleman, founder of The Weather Channel, wants you to know the truth..

http://www.kusi.com/home/78477082.html?video=pop&t=a

Veritas
1/1/2010, 09:55 PM
Oh, he's just a meteoroligist, what does he know? We should really give a career politician much more credence. And Oscars. Let's give him Oscars.

sooner_born_1960
1/2/2010, 12:47 AM
You people missed the memo. It's settled science. Or, something.

XFollower
1/2/2010, 01:24 AM
"We are in control of this planet".. No I don't think so.

SCOUT
1/2/2010, 01:49 AM
Oh, he's just a meteoroligist, what does he know? We should really give a career politician much more credence. And Oscars. Let's give him Oscars.

Why stop there, how about a Nobel Prize!

Okla-homey
1/2/2010, 08:36 AM
New study confirms the atmospheric level of CO2 hasn't increased even a smidge over the past 160 years. Succ it Al Gore and your fellow warmer huckster-extortionists.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/12/091230184221.htm

FlaBama
1/2/2010, 09:35 AM
New study confirms the atmospheric level of CO2 hasn't increased even a smidge over the past 160 years. Succ it Al Gore and your fellow warmer huckster-extortionists.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/12/091230184221.htm

Thanks for that link. Amazing sham the government is trying to push on us

My Opinion Matters
1/2/2010, 11:47 AM
lol. We have a dozen of these threads every week, and they all crack me up. Partisan politics have become some poisonous and directionless in this country that you thick-headed zealots have politicized the weather. THE WEATHER!

Does this not seem absurd to anyone else?

Veritas
1/2/2010, 11:56 AM
The tree-huggers politicized the weather long before Al Gore invented the internet so that we could have this here message board, MOM. Try to keep up.

My Opinion Matters
1/2/2010, 11:59 AM
True to form, it wouldn't be blind partisanship if we didn't blame it all on the other side.

MR2-Sooner86
1/2/2010, 12:15 PM
We’re so self-important. So self-important. Everybody’s going to save something now. “Save the trees, save the bees, save the whales, save those snails.” And the greatest arrogance of all: save the planet. What? Are these ****ing people kidding me? Save the planet, we don’t even know how to take care of ourselves yet. We haven’t learned how to care for one another, we’re gonna save the ****ing planet?

I’m getting tired of that ****. Tired of that ****. I’m tired of ****ing Earth Day, I’m tired of these self-righteous environmentalists, these white, bourgeois liberals who think the only thing wrong with this country is there aren’t enough bicycle paths. People trying to make the world save for their Volvos. Besides, environmentalists don’t give a **** about the planet. They don’t care about the planet. Not in the abstract they don’t. Not in the abstract they don’t. You know what they’re interested in? A clean place to live. Their own habitat. They’re worried that some day in the future, they might be personally inconvenienced. Narrow, unenlightened self-interest doesn’t impress me.

Besides, there is nothing wrong with the planet. Nothing wrong with the planet. The planet is fine. The PEOPLE are ****ed. Difference. Difference. The planet is fine. Compared to the people, the planet is doing great. Been here four and a half billion years. Did you ever think about the arithmetic? The planet has been here four and a half billion years. We’ve been here, what, a hundred thousand? Maybe two hundred thousand? And we’ve only been engaged in heavy industry for a little over two hundred years. Two hundred years versus four and a half billion. And we have the CONCEIT to think that somehow we’re a threat? That somehow we’re gonna put in jeopardy this beautiful little blue-green ball that’s just a-floatin’ around the sun?

The planet has been through a lot worse than us. Been through all kinds of things worse than us. Been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sun spots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles…hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and asteroids and meteors, worlwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages…And we think some plastic bags, and some aluminum cans are going to make a difference? The planet…the planet…the planet isn’t going anywhere.

You wanna know how the planet’s doing? Ask those people at Pompeii, who are frozen into position from volcanic ash, how the planet’s doing. You wanna know if the planet’s all right, ask those people in Mexico City or Armenia or a hundred other places buried under thousands of tons of earthquake rubble, if they feel like a threat to the planet this week. Or how about those people in Kilowaia, Hawaii, who built their homes right next to an active volcano, and then wonder why they have lava in the living room.

:pop:

jkjsooner
1/2/2010, 12:36 PM

He is not a meteorologist. He's a weather man. Just like the hot chick on Fox NFL Sunday (a weather girl). He can call himself a meteorologist all he wants but that doesn't make it so.

And his argument is weak. No one with a science background could listen to this without giving a chuckle at how little he comprehends the theory of man-made global warming.

Why does it matter that C02 has always been in the atmosphere? Why does it matter that plants need C02? Why does it matter that it's only a small fraction of the atmosphere? I suppose small fractional differences never have great consequences....

This might convince a fifth grader but my goodness have dumbed down our society so much that these are convincing arguments for adults?

I'm not telling anyone to believe in man-made global warming or that there are no good arguments against the theory but this sure as hell isn't one.

Veritas
1/2/2010, 01:25 PM
He is not a meteorologist. He's a weather man. Just like the hot chick on Fox NFL Sunday (a weather girl). He can call himself a meteorologist all he wants but that doesn't make it so.

And his argument is weak. No one with a science background could listen to this without giving a chuckle at how little he comprehends the theory of man-made global warming.

Why does it matter that C02 has always been in the atmosphere? Why does it matter that plants need C02? Why does it matter that it's only a small fraction of the atmosphere? I suppose small fractional differences never have great consequences....

This might convince a fifth grader but my goodness have dumbed down our society so much that these are convincing arguments for adults?

I'm not telling anyone to believe in man-made global warming or that there are no good arguments against the theory but this sure as hell isn't one.
Yeah, you're right. Global warming is bull**** in my book so my brain overlooks the flaws in his arguments and interpolates to cover the holes. Bias is a bitch.

Turd_Ferguson
1/2/2010, 01:32 PM
Global warming is true dammit!! True I say!!! You people must believe!!!fixed:D

Okla-homey
1/2/2010, 05:07 PM
Frankly, anyone who persists in believing in the theory of anthropomorphic climate change, notwithstanding everything that has come to light about the theory, and more importantly, the motivations of those advancing the theory over the last 18 months, is, well, a looney.

There. I said it.

FlaBama
1/3/2010, 07:42 PM
lol. We have a dozen of these threads every week, and they all crack me up. Partisan politics have become some poisonous and directionless in this country that you thick-headed zealots have politicized the weather. THE WEATHER!

Does this not seem absurd to anyone else?

Today the weather, tomorrow my wallet if "Cap & Trade" gets pushed through Congress by this liberal administration. "Global warming" has everything to do with money, and nothing to do with the weather. To think man can influence nature on a grand scale is insane.

bluedogok
1/3/2010, 08:31 PM
You might get all the global warming protesters upset....:D

http://www.maniacworld.com/global-warming-protesters.jpg

StoopTroup
1/3/2010, 09:36 PM
Everyday I'm amazed at how easy people are to scare. The Bush Administration had people afraid. CNN had people scared. Fox had people scared. One guy walks on an airplane with an underwear bomb that didn't go off....so don't fly. If you go to El Paso you will die.

I do have to say this though about something I think we are doing right. On the trip to El Paso we passed a lot of the new wind mills. I think using wind power to generate electricity is a positive thing.

If there is a reason to not continue to build more of these....I just can't imagine what it would be.

Curly Bill
1/3/2010, 09:50 PM
Everyday I'm amazed at how easy people are to scare. The Bush Administration had people afraid. CNN had people scared. Fox had people scared. One guy walks on an airplane with an underwear bomb that didn't go off....so don't fly. If you go to El Paso you will die.

Yup, the wussification of America, and not just America but much of the world.