PDA

View Full Version : DT depth and recruits

soonermagic14
1/1/2010, 06:40 PM
McCoy, Moore and Granger are gone. As far as Adrian Taylor is concerned who knows if and when he'll come back full strength....I hope soon bc he is a great person and player. I know there is McFarland but who else? We have to win in the trenches. We have several top O linemen coming in but I dont see any stud DT recruits....just two 3 star guys that will probably be red shirted anyway.

Eielson
1/1/2010, 06:54 PM
Adrian Taylor, Jamarkus McFarland, Stacy McGee, Casey Walker.

BoomerJ
1/1/2010, 07:34 PM
Don't you guys think that Chaisson will end up as a DT?

IronHorseSooner
1/1/2010, 07:48 PM
Don't you guys think that Chaisson will end up as a DT?

He might, as we are pretty deep at DE (Beal, Alexander, King, Washington, Ndulue, and Brown). This isn't even counting if we get Jeffcoat. I also wouldn't be shocked if one of the OL guys who don't make it into the 2-deep get moved over, especially if we any one of or a combo between Cullen, Robinson, and Henderson. That would give us between 15-17 OL next year, obviously more than a 3 deep.

CU Sooner
1/5/2010, 08:33 AM
What are the chances w/jeffcoat? Does his sister help us out any at all?

murray1430
1/5/2010, 03:09 PM
What are the chances that Chaisson is a better DE than some of the other recruits and the other recruits move to DT? Just curious because watching some of his vids he did move well and was pretty quick. I havent seen all of the other DE's but from what I did see Chaisson is not bad there. Is he some what a Dan Cody type or not?

okiedokie
1/5/2010, 10:02 PM
The OU Insider is saying we picked up a DT commit ?? is this old news?

KiiDSooNER
1/5/2010, 10:14 PM
The OU Insider is saying we picked up a DT commit ?? is this old news?

We picked up 3* defensive tackle Damon Williams today.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/oklahoma/football/recruiting/player-Damon-Williams-87801

PLaw
1/5/2010, 10:33 PM
He might, as we are pretty deep at DE (Beal, Alexander, King, Washington, Ndulue, and Brown). This isn't even counting if we get Jeffcoat. I also wouldn't be shocked if one of the OL guys who don't make it into the 2-deep get moved over, especially if we any one of or a combo between Cullen, Robinson, and Henderson. That would give us between 15-17 OL next year, obviously more than a 3 deep.

How many OL's do you know of that have transitioned to DL? I can't think of any - but have several examples of DL that can make the switch to OL. In fact, the only offensive players that I can think of that have moved to the D are George Cumby and Andre Woolfolk. I'm sure there are others, but the move from O to D is much more difficult than D to O.

BOOMER

Ground_Attack
1/8/2010, 05:33 AM
DJ Wolfe

jdsooner
1/8/2010, 12:50 PM
The Sooners picked up another recruit from Dallas this week. 4-star commit Eric Humphrey: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Eric-Humphrey-105475

jdsooner
1/8/2010, 12:57 PM
In fact, the Rivals list shows that we have four of the top 50 DT recruits:
#17 Eric Humphrey
#29 Daniel Noble
#32 Damon Williams
#43 Torrea Peterson
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2400

IronHorseSooner
1/8/2010, 03:49 PM
And the great thing about Torrea Peterson is that he was virtually unstoppable in the All-Star Game he participated.

soonermagic14
1/9/2010, 09:16 AM
Torrea Peterson got offers from USC, UCLA, Nebraska, texass, and the list goes on. He kinda looks like Gerald McCoy with his glasses on- just hope he plays and is a leader like McCoy too. What a good standard Gerald McCoy set...he is a Sooner legend.