PDA

View Full Version : Granddaddy of Them All - Ohio St v Oregon

Rogue
1/1/2010, 04:43 PM
I don't hold anything against Oregon about the officiating debacle...I blame the PAC 10 officials and admins.

Don't really like either of these teams so I'm challenging them to entertain me.
Bowl season so far has been great TV.

Not to disappoint, Nike has outfitted the Ducks in some Godawful uni with feathers on the shoulders. Don't know if they're supposed to be football players or drag queens.

Eielson
1/1/2010, 04:46 PM
Screw Oregon. Go Buckeyes!

SoonerStud615
1/1/2010, 04:46 PM
They've been wearing the feathers all season. Just do it?

meoveryouxinfinity
1/1/2010, 04:47 PM
Go sweatervests.

sooner ngintunr
1/1/2010, 04:53 PM
Screw Oregon. Go Buckeyes!

yep.

Scott D
1/1/2010, 04:54 PM
**** both teams....and **** ESPN for trying to make this seem like any sort of meaningful game. I'd rather watch erin andrews continue to interview joepa

Veritas
1/1/2010, 05:02 PM
Mediocre teams from mediocre conferences play in a mediocre stadium. How is this the game of the night?

I really like Herbie, but Musberger is a drink short of senile.

bluedogok
1/1/2010, 05:03 PM
I really like Herbie, but Musberger is a drink short of senile.
I think the glass is close to empty though...

Petro-Sooner
1/1/2010, 05:05 PM
it still amazes me how those planes time the national anthem just right.

Bud_Wilkinson
1/1/2010, 05:06 PM
Anyone else get little misty at that intro? "A Rose is a strong flower". My Gaud, it's a football game.
Mushburger is a drama queen.

Petro-Sooner
1/1/2010, 05:08 PM
this game is so over hyped. With all the pre-game you would think its for the national title.

Flagstaffsooner
1/1/2010, 05:12 PM
Yawn, Oprah is on.

boomerborn79
1/1/2010, 05:14 PM
Brent at kickoff- The journey begins......What journey? Its just the weakest BCS game. All that said Ill root for nice guy's go buckeye's tressels is ok by me

HBick
1/1/2010, 05:16 PM
The main problem with Fox having the rest of the BCS games is that we have to listen to Musberger and things like this, "Pryor may be growing up before our eyes this afternoon."

Come on Brent, get that buckeye c*** out of your mouth.

That said, Ohio State looks like they're ready to play on offense, even with Pryor's "tweaked knee."

boomerborn79
1/1/2010, 05:16 PM
5 play's in and Brent say's prior is growing up infront of our eye's. Guy's a joke Landry> prior

HBick
1/1/2010, 05:20 PM
5 play's in and Brent say's prior is growing up infront of our eye's. Guy's a joke Landry> prior

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who noticed this.

The machine that is ESPN has stalled until January 2011 in regards to college football. Starting next year, all BCS games will be on cable, and they will be one step closer to world domination.

Crucifax Autumn
1/1/2010, 05:24 PM
Once again I have to ask the question: Is there some way they can both lose?

Sooner Eclipse
1/1/2010, 05:30 PM
this game is so over hyped. With all the pre-game you would think its for the national title.

Yep, before the BCS this was the irrelevent bowl. It had almost no involvement in the national scene throughout most of the 70s,80s and early 90s. It was a snorefest most of the time. Come to think of it, it still is.

VA Sooner
1/1/2010, 05:31 PM
I'm with Rogue... don't care who wins, just want an entertaining game.

What a great day... 12 hours of football and I've already got my first wish... defeat on the face of Les Miles.

HBick
1/1/2010, 05:34 PM
Yep, before the BCS this was the irrelevent bowl. It had almost no involvement in the national scene throughout most of the 70s,80s and early 90s. It was a snorefest most of the time. Come to think of it, it still is.

It wouldn't surprise me, after ESPN gets the rest of the BCS bowls they start lobbying to end the Pac-10 Big 10 exclusivity. ESPN cares about ratings more than they care about anything else. College football is one of the best examples.

1. Mark May
2. Lou Holtz
3. Jesse Palmer
4. Craig James

Sorry if you don't like my list, but May is my least favorite, Holtz is used to bring in average viewers and hold them like a laugh track is used in sitcoms, Jesse Palmer is still riding the success of the bachelor, and Craig James. James is my newest addition, because of him I will no longer get to hear about pirates or fat little girlfriends. And this my fellow board members is a travesty.

Dio
1/1/2010, 05:48 PM
I hope the bucknuts stomp the cheaters. 10-0 so far.

Leroy Lizard
1/1/2010, 06:12 PM
Amazing to hear Blount cheered as the hero of the team. The world sucks.

Sooner Eclipse
1/1/2010, 06:21 PM

The only reason he's playing is Kelly realized that he aint winning the conference w/o Blount. Pitiful and sad

Sooner Eclipse
1/1/2010, 06:26 PM
I hope the bucknuts stomp the cheaters. 10-0 so far.

My hatred for all things Oregon wants the suckeyes to win. However if the sucks actually win this game, espin will turn its "cant win the BCS" ire towards us full time. Most of that has before now been directed mainly at the suckeyes.

Rogue
1/1/2010, 06:39 PM
Yeah, which is kinda crazy. OU won it all in 2000 and Ohio State in 2002. Both are in BCS games more years than they're not.

I am starting to understand what the Jim Kelly era Buffalo Bills fans went through in that streak of losing like 4 Super Bowls.

I slept through most of the first half...scorewise and the last few minutes it looks like it might be an entertaining game.

ashley
1/1/2010, 06:39 PM
Has anyone noticed the Pryor has not been himself since the first time he ran the ball. He has not run the ball on a called play or zone read since then. He must have re-injured his knee.

ouwasp
1/1/2010, 06:43 PM
Once again I have to ask the question: Is there some way they can both lose?

Well, there are a lot of fault lines in that area...

Dio
1/1/2010, 06:47 PM
My hatred for all things Oregon wants the suckeyes to win. However if the sucks actually win this game, espin will turn its "cant win the BCS" ire towards us full time. Most of that has before now been directed mainly at the suckeyes.

They do act like we locked their kids in a closet, don't they? ;)

ouduckhunter
1/1/2010, 07:00 PM
I hate Ducks!! That's all I can say!!!

The local news and sports coverage has been enough to make me nauseous! The local ABC affiliate just broke in during hte half time show to talk about and interview Orygone fans at the game!! Bleh!!!

Leroy Lizard
1/1/2010, 07:37 PM
Pryor sucks

Leroy Lizard
1/1/2010, 07:45 PM
BTW, the Buckeyes and Oregon are both walking towards the opposite end of the field as the quarter changes. There are still 15 seconds and the clock is counting down. Can the Buckeyes run to the LOS and run off a play, catching the Ducks halfway downfield?

Rogue
1/1/2010, 08:00 PM
What a catch!

Rogue
1/1/2010, 08:03 PM
Another one. Ballard and Posey...the Good Hands team!

Eielson
1/1/2010, 08:11 PM
Hohio State. Beautiful nickname from Musberger...even if it was accidental.

guzziguy
1/1/2010, 08:15 PM
Don't care about any OSU. May add the ducks to my signature line one of these days.

Eielson
1/1/2010, 08:18 PM
Whoregon vs. Hohio State. It cracks me up so bad!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/1/2010, 08:21 PM
Yeah, overhyped. Besides, I can understand why california wants to keep the Pac10 with a spot in the Rose Bowl every yr, but I don't get it why they insist on having the Big 10 in it as well.

Leroy Lizard
1/1/2010, 08:23 PM
If it wasn't for Phil Knight and Blount, I would have rooted for Oregon. Glad to see them lose.

OUinFLA
1/1/2010, 08:23 PM
well, on to the Teabow infomertial on fox

Sooner Eclipse
1/1/2010, 08:25 PM
Yeah, overhyped. Besides, I can understand why california wants to keep the Pac10 with a spot in the Rose Bowl every yr, but I don't get it why they insist on having the Big 10 in it as well.

They are a patsy for the most part and their fanbases travel well, spend lots and are generally grateful to get out of their frozen homelands for a while.

WildBlueSooner
1/1/2010, 08:30 PM

I dont mind it too much. What he did was wrong and inexcusable, but too many players get away with DUIs, thefts, etc, to not let someone play because he decked some *******. In fact, maybe this makes me a bad person, but I was glad when he punched that jerk in the face. Running your mouth after the game, which you won, is a huge dick move.

I don't mean to say it is ok, but I am glad to see him back on the field and wish him luck.

1/1/2010, 08:35 PM
They are a patsy for the most part and their fanbases travel well, spend lots and are generally grateful to get out of their frozen homelands for a while.Sure, but everyone else enjoys going to SoCal for New Years, too.

BoulderSooner79
1/1/2010, 08:38 PM
I have to admit, the Rose bowl is the most picturesque setting of all the bowl games and they usually have perfect weather.

Leroy Lizard
1/1/2010, 09:26 PM
I dont mind it too much. What he did was wrong and inexcusable, but too many players get away with DUIs, thefts, etc, to not let someone play because he decked some *******. In fact, maybe this makes me a bad person, but I was glad when he punched that jerk in the face. Running your mouth after the game, which you won, is a huge dick move.

He also attacked one of his own players. And that was just the beginning.

He should never been allowed to play again.

1/1/2010, 10:58 PM
I have to admit, the Rose bowl is the most picturesque setting of all the bowl games and they usually have perfect weather.and, God knows there's nothing else to do out there in Lala Land, either.

BoulderSooner79
1/1/2010, 11:12 PM
and, God knows there's nothing else to do out there in Lala Land, either.

There's lots of stuff to do if you don't mind doing them with 10 million of your best friends.