PDA

View Full Version : Plains Aggie/Outback Bowl

Frozen Sooner
1/1/2010, 03:06 PM
Anyone else watching this? The Aubs had a 14 point lead with about 7 minutes to play and are about to give this thing away by roughing the NW kicker...

Frozen Sooner
1/1/2010, 03:07 PM
Never mind, Northwestern for whatever reason tried to fake a field goal from the 5 and got stuffed. Plains Aggie wins.

delhalew
1/1/2010, 03:10 PM
That has got to be a record for simultaneous thread creation.

Sounds like it was a nail biter.

Chuck Bao
1/1/2010, 03:25 PM
I am not watching it on TV but I was watching the boxscores on the internet.

I was amazed by the numbers. It appears to be very sloppy.

Okay, I don't trust those numbers on Yahoo. NW was 6-23 on third down conversions and punted 5 times???? They are 4-5 on fourth down conversions and I guess with 5 interceptions (assuming all were all 3rd down) it would almost work out.

Auburn isn't much better with 4-13 3rd down conversions and 6 punts and 2 fumbles and 2 interceptions.

Strangely enough with all the TDs and no FGs during regular time and now I see that Auburn won on a FG in OT. Weird game looking at the numbers.

Crucifax Autumn
1/1/2010, 03:27 PM
I thought it was pretty damned entertaining. Was hoping for an SEC loss though.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/1/2010, 03:34 PM
I thought it was pretty damned entertaining. Was hoping for an SEC loss though.CORRECT. Excellent game by a very tough NWestern squad. Too bad Auburn destroyed the NW kicker when they roughed him.

YOU GO YOU AUBURN TIGERS, er, ah PLAINSMEN,er ah WAR IGGLES!

Sooner24
1/1/2010, 04:02 PM
Never mind, Northwestern for whatever reason tried to fake a field goal from the 5 and got stuffed. Plains Aggie wins.

Thier only kicker was hurt trying the field goal to tie it in OT.

At least the Aggies of Alabama have played some real football over the years compared to the Oklahoma Aggies who, after 100+ years, are still trying to get it all figured out.

Frozen Sooner
1/1/2010, 04:53 PM
Thier only kicker was hurt trying the field goal to tie it in OT.

At least the Aggies of Alabama have played some real football over the years compared to the Oklahoma Aggies who, after 100+ years, are still trying to get it all figured out.

I know their regular kicker got hurt. They pulled the redshirt off another kicker to run the fake.