PDA

View Full Version : Northwestern-Auburn WOW

sooner518
1/1/2010, 03:06 PM
what a game so far! Auburn up 38-35 in OT. Northwestern misses a FG but Auburn slid into his plant foot and injured him.

Classy Tiger fans are booing the injured kicker as he is helped off the field..

This all after Auburn blew an 8 point lead with 3 minutes left with the ball. They fumbled, NW scored and got the 2. Then Auburn fumbled the ensuing kickoff and NW missed a FG as time expired

OUmillenium
1/1/2010, 03:08 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This ot is hilarious. Lots of crazy plays. Ball game has been over about 3 times but penalties or reviews have extended it.

Receiver #12 for NW is former Jenks qb Andrew Brewer.

and NW blows it on the fake fg

sooner518
1/1/2010, 03:11 PM
wow insane ending. not sure why they ran the fake to the short side of the field. well done by Auburn to sniff the play out though.

EDIT - ok didnt see the other 3 threads talking about this game feel free to delete

meoveryouxinfinity
1/1/2010, 03:16 PM
wow insane ending. not sure why they ran the fake to the short side of the field. well done by Auburn to sniff the play out though.

EDIT - ok didnt see the other 3 threads talking about this game feel free to delete

hey hey hey i made mine at the end of the 3rd quarter!

bluedogok
1/1/2010, 03:19 PM
and NW blows it on the fake fg
I guess they ran that because their kicker was to hurt on the play that extended the OT another series.

lloyd45
1/1/2010, 03:32 PM
I guess they ran that because their kicker was to hurt on the play that extended the OT another series.

I hate bad football. This game was amazing and it was basically ruined for me on that final play. The whole point of a fake punt or field goal is the element of surprise. Auburn knew that fake was coming. Your kicker just got brutally injured. They are not going to try and block that field goal so they are clearly going to only be watching for a fake. Now, you are asking your backups to go win you the football game on a fake that the defense knows is coming? F that. I'm lining up my first team O and we're running our best football play. Not a stinkin fake. God i hate bad football.

Either gamble and ask your backup kicker to make a 20 yard field goal or run a real play.