PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 vs Others...

Blues1
1/1/2010, 11:47 AM
Unless I Missed something...?
So Far ~~~ Looks like the Big 12 is 3 and 2 in Bowl Games...
Iowa State won
Nebraska Won
Oklahoma WON ~~~ :)

Texas am Lost
Mizzou Lost....

STILL TO Happen
Okla State vs Mississippi
Texas Tech vs Mich State

Looks Like The Best The Big 12 can do is 5 out of 7 - IF osu & TT Win...

How will TT handle their Bowl - Play their hearts out..? or just Show up..?
Your Turn...

OUinFLA
1/1/2010, 11:54 AM
the Tech game will be about 50/50 - football vs Leach bashing

Im practicing my "mute" skilz

Sooner Eclipse
1/1/2010, 11:54 AM
You forgot the biggun..

The only B12 team that needs to lose......Roll Tide.

Blues1
1/1/2010, 12:03 PM
You forgot the biggun..

Yep -- Somehow I can't accept that game as a Legit Bowl game ~~ :)

BAMA make us Proud ~~~ :)

kevpks
1/1/2010, 02:26 PM
I don't typically root for the rest of the conference very aggressively. However, I do like it when our bowl record is respectable. So far so good.

OUmillenium
1/1/2010, 02:30 PM
You forgot the biggun..

Amen.

A Bama blowout of * would be so cool. By the way, does * add an * to this years season since they needed a replay and additional second to win their game v Nebraska?

mehip
1/1/2010, 02:35 PM
After seeing the emotion the team played with in this game, seeing Taylor's injury, seeing Granger back on the field, and all the other injuries this season I can't seem to find any 'give a damn' about the rest of this league.

Blues1
1/1/2010, 02:55 PM
After seeing the emotion the team played with in this game, seeing Taylor's injury, seeing Granger back on the field, and all the other injuries this season I can't seem to find any 'give a damn' about the rest of this league.

Yep - True to that....I just find it interesting as far as Bowl Picks go...

It's funny most of us here see everyone else as other teams - And SEC see's only the Sec...Even after Bama lost to Florida last year -I heard many Bama fans (All that I know) would never root agains't Florida vs OU...They Pride the SEC like their Own Team -- I bet 99.9% of Florida Fans are rooting for Bama rather than Texas..... If I was Florida fan ~ It Wouldn't hurt my feelings to see Texas beat Bama just in a Revenge way IF nothing else....

Keep R'

VA Sooner
1/1/2010, 05:58 PM
SEC not doing as well... Northwestern let me down but I got to see LSU squander precious seconds away...

Glad the conference is having a good showing... conflicted about the title game... rooting for the Big 12... but rooting for Texas??? We'll see next week.

And about Texas Tech... I don't have all the information about everything that happened between the James Gang, Tech Administration and the Mad Scientist but reading some of the documents and e-mails and letters from bleacherreport.com (very extensive coverage... although biased to either side by various writers), I know that one of the parties is definitely lying... and there's mounting evidence to show that Texas Tech was out to screw Mike.

That said... not sure if the players will play harder for Mike's sake and the Missing Man... or if the scheme will be too complex for defensive coordinator Ruffin MacNeil to figure out and institute with his QBs. May have to let the QBs just run it on their own and know when to go conventional if the game gets out of hand.

Tough call... part of me wants them to play hard for Mike and win this one and then have everyone leave the team, including recruits. Part of me wants them to get blown out to show how important Mike is to the offensive planning/thinking/adjustments.

Then again... all based on how I feel about the handling of this ugly matter with Adam James... more opinions as information comes out.

VA Sooner
1/1/2010, 06:01 PM
(again on the Texas Tech matter)

But the people who got screwed the most are the current football players who have worked hard to get to this bowl game and thinking about their futures. The juniors who are leaving early and the seniors will be OK but the rest of the team is left in shambles and will be edgy awaiting their fate in the next few weeks.... trying to figure out whether to abandon ship (ala Tennessee) or to stick together and tough it out (ala Florida State).

Bud_Wilkinson
1/1/2010, 06:15 PM
SEC fans can pull for the other teams in the SEC, Texas is not in the SEC.
Not a chance I can pull for TX.

Rickety_Syd
1/1/2010, 06:32 PM
Texas and OSU can go down in flames as far as I'm concerned

PLaw
1/1/2010, 06:52 PM
SEC fans can pull for the other teams in the SEC, Texas is not in the SEC.
Not a chance I can pull for TX.

UTEX can go to hades. I would love to see a 40 point, woodshed whip down of those entitled, silver-spooned, momma's boys.

ROLL TIDE!!

reevie
1/1/2010, 07:17 PM
UTEX can go to hades. I would love to see a 40 point, woodshed whip down of those entitled, silver-spooned, momma's boys.

ROLL TIDE!!

Amen, Amen