PDA

View Full Version : Stanford Band

instigator
1/1/2010, 01:02 AM
is teh awesome! I don't care what any of you say. They were having a blast out there. I bet Britt was seething watching a band be so unorthodox.

They had a guy playing a kitchen sink!! Seriously!

No uniforms. One guy was shirtless wearing shorts.

I have videos of their pregame and halftime performances. I'll try to get them to youtube.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/1/2010, 01:05 AM
On TV it just looked stupid and to be honest, kinda embarrassing. But that's just my opinion.

Stitch Face
1/1/2010, 01:13 AM
Buncha damn hippies.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
1/1/2010, 01:16 AM
Sorry, comparing the Pride to the Stanford band is a complete fail. Research the Stanford band and you will see why.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/1/2010, 01:16 AM
Buncha damn hippies.

exactly. That's not Oklahoma. That's California for ya...

instigator
1/1/2010, 01:20 AM
On TV it just looked stupid and to be honest, kinda embarrassing. But that's just my opinion.

Embarrassing to who?

BoomerSoonerGoOU
1/1/2010, 01:23 AM
Meh. I'd rather see a 300+ member marching band marching down the field to Oklahoma than an unorthodoxed, jort and vest wearing band.

instigator
1/1/2010, 01:24 AM
You guys are right. Glenn Beck would never approve of their band. ;)

yermom
1/1/2010, 01:25 AM
i think they were louder :D

Petro-Sooner
1/1/2010, 01:30 AM
Buncha damn hippies.

From what I saw.

Pretty much.

instigator
1/1/2010, 01:41 AM
Here is a the transcript of their announcer during a game in 2008. How can you not think this is funny????

Intro:
Announcer: And now...back from playing outside yet another OJ Simpson trialIts TOTOTTILSJUMB

1. $200,000
Announcer: "The Stanford Band heard that the "football monopoly in Los Angeles is officially over," but sources tell us that this might not be the case. Since we know UCLA is a fine football program, we at Stanford believe that there can be only one reason for the other team's continued dominance: U$C IS CHEATING AT FOOTBALL MONOPOLY. We've all seen those times when U$C players passed GO and, instead of taking the usual two hundred dollars, took two hundred THOUSAND dollars."

2. A Fence
Announcer: "That's right U$C, we're calling you out. Your dishonest Monopoly-playing days are over. Every one knows that U$C cheats by buying up all the properties in the low cost neighborhoods and putting a fence around them so that only trojan players and their friends can get through."

3. Notre Dame
Announcer: "The depth of U$C's cheating knows no bounds. Remember the Notre Dame game 3 years ago when it looked like U$C was going to come up short? When no one was looking they pushed their player 2 spaces forward into Endzone Gardens to steal the victory."

4. Free Housing
Announcer: "The situation has gotten to be so bad that U$C even cheats when people are watching. How many times have we seen Trojan players land on U$Cs properties and not get charged rent for their 3 bedroom hotels?

5. Get Out of Jail Free
Announcer: Throughout time, U$C players have always managed to get away with their cheating. At their height, it seemed like $C players could get away with murder. These days, they cant even steal their own memorabilia back from a bank. Apparently theyve run out of all those Get Out of Jail Free cards they stole from the community chest!

Outro:
Announcer: Tune in next week when we expose U$C's human rights violations during it's North American campaign in its latest game of Risk. You've been watching TOTOTTILSJUMB!

meoveryouxinfinity
1/1/2010, 01:44 AM
Embarrassing to who?

to whom? to me and everyone I was watching the game with. Like WTF, this isn't even funny, what the hell did they take before coming to the stadium? I'd rather my band look like this

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh77/ThreeRunJack/Texas%20longhorn%20funny/texasband.jpg

which is saying A LOT. Trust me.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/1/2010, 01:47 AM
Here is a the transcript of their announcer during a game in 2008. How can you not think this is funny????
Sure. I guess. I wouldn't get butthurt over it if they did it to us. But I prefer a more..um... normal band.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/1/2010, 01:54 AM
honestly, it was kinda funny at the beginning but as the game wore on, their whole novelty act grew tired IMO..

instigator
1/1/2010, 01:58 AM
to whom? to me and everyone I was watching the game with. Like WTF, this isn't even funny, what the hell did they take before coming to the stadium? I'd rather my band look like this

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh77/ThreeRunJack/Texas%20longhorn%20funny/texasband.jpg

which is saying A LOT. Trust me.

You're right that says a lot. A lot about you. How some other school's band embarrass you? I just can't get that.

Oh and you have zero credibility if you posted that pic and prefer it to anything other than buttsecks.

yermom
1/1/2010, 02:01 AM
http://www.synicaltek.net/photos/albums/userpics/10001/normal_DSC00468.JPG

Strongbad Tuba FTW

meoveryouxinfinity
1/1/2010, 02:06 AM
You're right that says a lot. A lot about you. How some other school's band embarrass you? I just can't get that.

Oh and you have zero credibility if you posted that pic and prefer it to anything other than buttsecks.

Where to begin?
Did I say that their band embarrassed me? No. I said it was embarrassing. To whom? To the university. Because you can't take that seriously. It might have been slightly funny, but can you not concede that it was slightly retarded as well? I mean, I wasn't at the game so maybe my gauge is a little off, but I think most people would not be satisfied with the Pride acting in that manner... on a week to week basis. It would get old fast.

I have no opinion on buttsecks. And gay males are not offensive to me. Texas, however, is.

instigator
1/1/2010, 02:18 AM
Where to begin?
Did I say that their band embarrassed me? No. I said it was embarrassing. To whom? To the university. Because you can't take that seriously. It might have been slightly funny, but can you not concede that it was slightly retarded as well? I mean, I wasn't at the game so maybe my gauge is a little off, but I think most people would not be satisfied with the Pride acting in that manner... on a week to week basis. It would get old fast.

I have no opinion on buttsecks. And gay males are not offensive to me. Texas, however, is.

Look above. Yep you did say it embarrassed you. :) Look up.

Of course it was retarded. But here is the thing. They were small. Like no more than half the size of our band. They were MUCH louder. I firmly believe that when you are having fun doing something you will do it better. Our band is forced to perform like they have a stick up their asses. I don't need a band as crazy as Stanford's, but I would like ours to loosen up a little and enjoy what they are doing. I think we fans would see a better performance if they could have fun out there.

If you don't like buttsecks, then why is there a stick stuck up yours now? ;)

meoveryouxinfinity
1/1/2010, 02:33 AM
Look above. Yep you did say it embarrassed you. :) Look up.

Of course it was retarded. But here is the thing. They were small. Like no more than half the size of our band. They were MUCH louder. I firmly believe that when you are having fun doing something you will do it better. Our band is forced to perform like they have a stick up their asses. I don't need a band as crazy as Stanford's, but I would like ours to loosen up a little and enjoy what they are doing. I think we fans would see a better performance if they could have fun out there.

If you don't like buttsecks, then why is there a stick stuck up yours now? ;)
Ha, you're right.. well I guess I'm embarrassed FOR them. I have no problem is having fun. I just don't think you need to paint pot leaves and peace signs in your tubas to do it. Obviously, Stanford takes it to one extreme.

I really don't know anything about the Pride but if you say they're having no fun, I have no reason to doubt you. If that's the point you're getting across, I agree with you.. they're college kids..they're not playing in the Boston Pops.

But I still am embarrassed FOR Stanford. Their band.. not to mention their mascot!

soonerboy
1/1/2010, 02:37 AM
....they said we were bound to win at pong SOONERS THAN LATER BAHAHAHAHAHAahahahahah.a....ha...ha...ha.......ha. .......okay thats not funny at all.

BoulderSooner79
1/1/2010, 02:43 AM
As a Stanford Alum - I'm not embarrassed at all. I've always liked the bands' quirky tradition - remember it's the student's choice. I was hoping to see more of it today, but they didn't show much on TV. Just part of a tic-toe-game that seemed pointless. But part of the charm is that it is unique (I've heard the Rice band is similar, but never seen them). I also like great, traditional bands and nothing beats the tOSU dotting the "i" formation.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/1/2010, 02:44 AM
As a Stanford Alum - I'm not embarrassed at all. I've always liked the bands' quirky tradition - remember it's the student's choice. I was hoping to see more of it today, but they didn't show much on TV. Just part of a tic-toe-game that seemed pointless. But part of the charm is that it is unique (I've heard the Rice band is similar, but never seen them). I also like great, traditional bands and nothing beats the tOSU dotting the "i" formation.

We're laughing *AT* you, not with you!

o0o a Stanford alum.. are you single?! :O

BoulderSooner79
1/1/2010, 02:47 AM
We're laughing *AT* you, not with you!

o0o a Stanford alum.. are you single?! :O

Depends - what do you look like?

recemp
1/1/2010, 04:04 AM
Love the Pride!

But I enjoy the Stanford band too. They are a circus.

Like to see them paired with the A&M band. What a contrast!

A&M is great, but as stiff as a board (or a military band). I don't think that they've played a new song in years.

The Prides "Thriller" is a pretty loose, fun thing. Nice to see it up against A&M last year

soonerboy
1/1/2010, 05:04 AM
If A@M got together with stanford the aggies band would run them out of town

OUDizzle
1/1/2010, 07:07 AM
Stanford band is awesome.

Judge Smails
1/1/2010, 08:46 AM
Depends - what do you look like?

Is your name Tiger Woods?

AlbqSooner
1/1/2010, 09:02 AM
Methinks the Stanford band is taking a jab at those who are embarrased by or for a schools band or mascot.

fossil
1/1/2010, 10:11 AM
is teh awesome! I don't care what any of you say. They were having a blast out there. I bet Britt was seething watching a band be so unorthodox.

They had a guy playing a kitchen sink!! Seriously!

No uniforms. One guy was shirtless wearing shorts.

I have videos of their pregame and halftime performances. I'll try to get them to youtube.

:rolleyes: THAT WAS A BAND? LOOKED MORE LIKE A BUNCH OF TRIPPED OUT HIPPIES.

VA Sooner
1/1/2010, 10:15 AM
Looked like everyone was having fun... even the bands.

budbarrybob
1/1/2010, 10:18 AM
You guys realize you are arguing over a band right?

Frozen Sooner
1/1/2010, 10:25 AM
Hey, Stanford IS the Farm. You know what that makes them?

Aggies.