PDA

View Full Version : Same Ol, Same Ol

kc sooner
1/1/2010, 12:33 AM
Defense - Bad
Offense - No offense but 1 on 1 - 4 guys watching one with the ball and maybe chuck up some 3's
When we will get better? This is getting hard to watch!!

ndpruitt03
1/1/2010, 01:05 AM
As soon as we get new players. This group doesn't know how to play basketball and some of the fault has to go to Capel. You can't have this bad a unit this late in the year if you are at an Oklahoma. There's no team with this team right now. Just a bunch of individuals that happen to be there. We shot about 50% and didn't turn the ball over and got killed.

Rickety_Syd
1/1/2010, 02:08 AM
What a downer after a good football win . . . don't know what to think of this team other than they are average at best . . . no consistant shooting . . . no defense . . . Warren gets a lot of hype, but I'm afraid that's all it is . . . Davis can get hot one out of every four or five games . . . Crocker is a role player at best . . . Mason-Griffin is a good point guard, but a spotty shooter . . . Gallon has the tools, but he's a freshman still learning and fouls too much . . . bench help is sporadic at best . . . I've seen this team play almost every game and there are no true STARS on this team . . . just a bunch of decent to good players that can get hot every once in while and maybe scratch out enough victories to have a winning season . . . maybe they can put together a conference run but so far, it doesn't appear that this is a group that can finish in the upper half of the Big 12, much less make the NCAA Tournament . . . I'm not ready to say that Capel isn't doing a good job because quite frankly, I don't think this team is very good . . . am I wrong about this?

Eielson
1/1/2010, 02:08 AM
If Gallon hadn't been in foul trouble, this could have been a single digit loss to a ranked team on the road. This was honestly one of our best losses, and we at least had a few bright spots. Warren played more under control tonight, and had a pretty good game. A few less turnovers would've been nice, though. Fitzgerald looked pretty good on offense, and along with Willis looks like we'll go nine deep instead of seven. TMG also had 10 assists.

Offensively we were solid. Defense could've been better, but Gonzaga was knocking down shots. Some weren't contested well enough, but some were. I felt that there have been some improvements, and for what it's worth we won the second half when Gonzaga cooled off. For the first time in a while I feel we could win a few NIT games if our season's start isn't so bad that it keeps us out.

the_ouskull
1/1/2010, 04:34 AM
"A pretty good game" for Willie? Man, he had five turnovers and no assists.

This is "his team" alright. It's playing just like him... minus the scoring.

the_ouskull

Eielson
1/1/2010, 02:20 PM
"A pretty good game" for Willie? Man, he had five turnovers and no assists.

This is "his team" alright. It's playing just like him... minus the scoring.

the_ouskull

I didn't say he had a great game. I also mentioned the turnovers. We were losing by so much that I was watching it on and off. However, when I watched he seemed to not be forcing so many shots, and for once looked to me like he may actually be able to help us this year.

So what do you want to say? We all played like trash, but only lost by 14 on the road to a ranked team? Our team isn't good enough to say that. We lose to unranked teams on neutral sites by double digits.