PDA

View Full Version : Tiny brings down the house!

Ground_Attack
12/31/2009, 11:27 PM
or at least the backboard. That was awesome!

If that oop had gone down, it would have been legendary!

Eielson
12/31/2009, 11:30 PM
Yeah, or if we weren't getting beat down.

SteelClip49
12/31/2009, 11:31 PM
new speech for Capel....now we will win!!!!!!

Eielson
12/31/2009, 11:38 PM
I want credit for posting about this historic turnover first!

okienole3
1/1/2010, 12:01 AM
Wait, I turned it off. So, he shattered it, but missed the dunk?

Ground_Attack
1/1/2010, 01:32 AM
more like never caught the pass cleanly on a contested play. He caught the rim on the way down and the backboard cratered.

sooner59
1/2/2010, 02:09 AM
Since I have seen it about 100 times on TV and the innerweb, here's how it went. Willie Warren lobs up the ball for an ally-oop. Tiny Gallon jumps for it and the defender gets a hand on it, so it is knocked away. Gallon continues through his motion and grabs the rim. This happens all of the time in the NBA. People stabilize themselves on the rim so they don't they don't fall awkwardly after a botched ally-oop. Gallon weighs near 300lbs. The glass didn't hold him. Shatter. Chatter. S*** talk. Some say "Wow", some say "Charge OU for the backboard and suspend him for the season", and in the end, none of it matters. We lost. Gallon is noticed nation-wide. Now its on him to play better because lots of people will be watching him. I'm not bashing him. I thought it was awesome. Just a minority of posters on yahoo, espn, etc. go overboard and think he was showboating when it was obvious he wasn't. He could benefit from the attention, though, if he can up his game now.