PDA

View Full Version : Gerhart is for real

BoulderSooner79
12/31/2009, 09:52 PM
Before this game, I thought Gerhart should have gotten the Heisman and I still do. We stopped him as well as any team this year and he still managed to rack up some decent stats. I think Ingram is an excellent back, but I can only imagine the kind of stats Gerhart would have had if he had been the featured back at 'Bama.

I also like the way Gerhart plays the game - accepts his role in a humble way, hands the ball the ref after a score, etc. He graduated this semester and referred to himself as a senior even though he is a junior in football eligibility. Doesn't bother me that we won't play him again either (he's as much as said he'll declare this year).

Leroy Lizard
12/31/2009, 09:54 PM
For all practical purposes, he was their only weapon on offense, and we still were unable to stop him. But we did hold him in check in the second half, which really won the game for us.

I would love to see him as a wishbone fullback. On my team.

BlownGP
12/31/2009, 10:24 PM
yeah, he's a beast for sure... AP better watch out.. lol

Eielson
12/31/2009, 10:40 PM
I'd still go with Suh.

AzianSooner
12/31/2009, 11:09 PM
Suh rules the Niles Kingdom. Go Suh!

picasso
12/31/2009, 11:17 PM
yeah, he's a beast for sure... AP better watch out.. lol

Just think what kind of animal Adrian would be if he stacked juice as much as Gerhart.

StoopTroup
12/31/2009, 11:17 PM
I'd take Bradford.

picasso
12/31/2009, 11:25 PM
For all practical purposes, he was their only weapon on offense, and we still were unable to stop him. But we did hold him in check in the second half, which really won the game for us.

I would love to see him as a wishbone fullback. On my team.

I dunno, I saw us stop him several times.

Eielson
12/31/2009, 11:35 PM
Just think what kind of animal Adrian would be if he stacked juice as much as Gerhart.

Peterson is more likely on roids than Gerhardt...

picasso
12/31/2009, 11:37 PM

horse****.

rawlingsHOH
12/31/2009, 11:37 PM
"More likely"

LOL

picasso
12/31/2009, 11:39 PM
Peterson would weigh 240 if he was juicing. Not a lean 220.

I'm just saying the Stanford kid looked the part. Pumped and puffy face. He looked like a 12 year old Bosworth.

Great player regardless.

ndpruitt03
12/31/2009, 11:39 PM
Stanford probably saved us some by not running Gerhart outside more. I bet 120 out of his 135 or whatever was on runs that went outside the tackle box.

picasso
12/31/2009, 11:40 PM
Stanford probably saved us some by not running Gerhart outside more. I bet 120 out of his 135 or whatever was on runs that went outside the tackle box.

His longest was 26 yards and on that play we failed to make a substitution per Stoops.

ndpruitt03
12/31/2009, 11:42 PM
His longest was 26 yards and on that play we failed to make a substitution per Stoops.

Yeah he had about 4 or 5 15+ yard runs though and they were on runs outside the tackle box. I think his longest run was the TD run, but I'm not sure of that. Basically his runs were away from the 52 formation, he probably could have had more yards against it if they called more runs like those.

rawlingsHOH
12/31/2009, 11:43 PM
Peterson would weight 240 if he was juicing. Not a lean 220.

I'm just saying the Stanford kid looked the part. Pumped and puffy face. He looked like a 12 year old Bosworth.

Great player regardless.

The puffyness is definitely part of it. Having a lot of second hand experience with the stuff, I can confirm that. I also noticed the pimples all over his back and shoulders, during the Heisman week.

Though I'm not going to finger point. I have no idea.

picasso
12/31/2009, 11:49 PM
Yeah he had about 4 or 5 15+ yard runs though and they were on runs outside the tackle box. I think his longest run was the TD run, but I'm not sure of that. Basically his runs were away from the 52 formation, he probably could have had more yards against it if they called more runs like those.

Can't argue with some of the success but that's like saying we did them a favor by not throwing to Broyles every down.

rawlingsHOH
12/31/2009, 11:51 PM
Can't argue with some of the success but that's like saying we did them a favor by not throwing to Broyles every down.

Yaah, the big favor was allowing Murray 20 carries for 29.

VA Sooner
1/1/2010, 02:44 AM
Gerhart is a beast. Tough to bring him down... even when we knew he was getting 30+ carries.

ndpruitt03
1/1/2010, 11:04 AM

Hell we should have thrown to DeJuan Miller more, I think he has a shot at being better than Broyles when all is said and done.

Widescreen
1/1/2010, 02:17 PM
Miller played great yesterday but he will never be better than Broyles. Have you noticed how a slight bump knocks him off his feet, despite the fact that he's a big dude? I hope he becomes an All-American but I suspect he'll end up being just a very good receiver.

ndpruitt03
1/1/2010, 03:28 PM
Miller played great yesterday but he will never be better than Broyles. Have you noticed how a slight bump knocks him off his feet, despite the fact that he's a big dude? I hope he becomes an All-American but I suspect he'll end up being just a very good receiver.

He's only a freshman. Nobody thought much of Ryan when he was a freshman and he's suddenly up there with the greats under Stoops in one season.

BoulderSooner79
1/1/2010, 03:45 PM
He's only a freshman. Nobody thought much of Ryan when he was a freshman and he's suddenly up there with the greats under Stoops in one season.

I'd say it a similar situation as Broyles last year. Broyles showed flashes starting with Cincinnati last season, but was invisible in other games. Now he is the zone and playing a level above the defenses we're playing. It'd be great if Miller turns out the same way..

Widescreen
1/1/2010, 04:06 PM

I thought a lot of Broyles last year. He made some fantastic plays (much moreso than Miller has this year). And he had to make those plays playing alongside Iglesias, Manny, Gresham and even Cheney. Who has Miller had to compete with for big plays? Broyles and pretty much nobody else.

Don't get me wrong. Miller is coming on strong and I hope his late season performance launches him to greatness next year. I just think it's silly to compare the season Broyles had last year when playing with a bunch of really good receivers, and Miller's performance this year playing alongside nobody but Broyles.

stoopified
1/1/2010, 08:29 PM
He's only a freshman. Nobody thought much of Ryan when he was a freshman and he's suddenly up there with the greats under Stoops in one season.Miler is a sophomore nota frosh.bryles had 46 catches as a sophomore,ller 33.No real comparison between the two.Miller is biggerand stronger than Bryles BUR that does NOT mean he will ever be a better player.Peoples,Jones were bigger and more gifted athletes than Clayton and yet Clayton is CLEARLY better.Bigger,faster, and stronger does not always mean better.I think Miller has a chance to be really goodbut Broyles is already GREAT.

JLEW1818
1/1/2010, 08:32 PM
I think it goes both ways. Imagine Ingram at Stanford.. In the weak *** pac10

Scott D
1/1/2010, 08:45 PM

posts like this are why I wonder why some people bother trying.

ndpruitt03
1/1/2010, 09:16 PM
Miler is a sophomore nota frosh.bryles had 46 catches as a sophomore,ller 33.No real comparison between the two.Miller is biggerand stronger than Bryles BUR that does NOT mean he will ever be a better player.Peoples,Jones were bigger and more gifted athletes than Clayton and yet Clayton is CLEARLY better.Bigger,faster, and stronger does not always mean better.I think Miller has a chance to be really goodbut Broyles is already GREAT.

I could have swore he redshirted last year. But I guess he didn't. I don't remember seeing him at all. This is just Miller's first year of playing that much. Broyles is great I agree, but don't undersell Miller's futer.

Scott D
1/2/2010, 12:29 AM
*sigh* both of you disappoint me.

Brandon Jones stunted his own development at receiver by playing baseball.

Miller got playing time last year and looked a lot like Tennell did early in this season, hence his time was very limited.

Both Broyles and Miller are two very different types of receivers, so to compare them to each other doesn't really work.

adoniijahsooner
1/2/2010, 08:28 AM
*sigh* both of you disappoint me.

Brandon Jones stunted his own development at receiver by playing baseball.

Miller got playing time last year and looked a lot like Tennell did early in this season, hence his time was very limited.

Both Broyles and Miller are two very different types of receivers, so to compare them to each other doesn't really work.

You're right. It would be like trying to compare Calvin Johnson to Carolina's Santana Moss; 2 completely different skill sets.

Scott D
1/2/2010, 12:02 PM
I assume you mean either Washington's Santana Moss or Carolina's Steve Smith. ;)