PDA

View Full Version : POSITIVE BOWL WIN!!!!!

westcoast_sooner
12/31/2009, 08:26 PM
Just a couple of comments about the Sun Bowl victory today. Sooners played a whale of a game. There are negatives, and things to be corrected to be sure, but this win is a good solid victory for OU.

Landry played pretty well. He threw one INT, but overall had a good solid outing - over 400 yards, and seemed to really get into a rhythm in the 2nd half. His deep balls weren't necessarily pretty, but he did seem to hit his receivers more in stride, not throwing behind him like we've seen so often.

Broyles was his usual outstanding self. Not only with the receptions, but his long punt return really put the Sooners in a good spot. Also, Dejuan Miller also made some really good catches and was a factor all day.

Also, we knew Gerhart was a good runner, and I expected him to get his yards (which he did), but when we needed a big stop in the 2nd half, we got it.

But overall for this team to get a win, outside of Norman, against a ranked opponent is HUGE for this young team. They had to battle back from behind, and managed to get a good victory.

Congratulations Sooners. Well Done at the Sun Bowl.

To the Seniors and those who will move on - Thank You!!!

To all the others on this board - Happy New Year!!!

piusbovis
12/31/2009, 08:33 PM
Indeed, this was a great way to start NYE. The team hit some adversity but they overcame it, won, and we saw some promising young players- including my new favorite, one Mr. Ronnell Lewis- really show potential. Cheers to another year of OU football- It may not have been the season we wanted but any season as a sooner is a great one!

westcoast_sooner
12/31/2009, 08:38 PM
Absolutely - should have mentioned Ronnell. WOW that kid can HIT!!! If Wort can recover, I think our linebacking corps is in good hands.

TUSooner
12/31/2009, 08:40 PM
After this woeful season, the win was verrrry satisfying.

Petro-Sooner
12/31/2009, 08:41 PM
WE WON!!! I still cant get the grin off my face.

Blues1
12/31/2009, 08:45 PM
2009 - The Injury Year --- BUT
Stoops worst year is his First year in 1999 at 7 and 5 with a Bowl Loss ~
8 and 5 with a Bowl Win over a Very Good team Feels A LOT better...... :)
Plus No Negative Press about our Bowl Loss Record -- It's History.

Now Can we make Final The Top 25...?

westcoast_sooner
12/31/2009, 08:50 PM
I'm not going to hold my breath for a ranking, but will say that I think this is a team that WILL get better over the course of next year. Between now and the first game next season, this team will have a chance to really improve. ESPN (Holtz and Mark May) both said good things about the Sooners after the game was over.

CBUS_SOONER
12/31/2009, 08:55 PM
The win feels great... I forgot how good it feels to end the season with a win...

spatton713
12/31/2009, 08:57 PM
2009 - The Injury Year --- BUT
Stoops worst year is his First year in 1999 at 7 and 5 with a Bowl Loss ~
8 and 5 with a Bowl Win over a Very Good team Feels A LOT better...... :)
Plus No Negative Press about our Bowl Loss Record -- It's History.

Now Can we make Final The Top 25...?

great point and HELL YEA well be #22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

huskerland
12/31/2009, 08:57 PM
Grates to the sooners! Holding Gerhart down was huge! It was a very exiting game against against a very good Stanford team! The sooners played great on the "D" I didn't see a thing wrong with the OU QB. He's going to be great next year. Again, Grats: to the Sooners!

CBUS_SOONER
12/31/2009, 09:36 PM
BTW, if we would have lost, the media would be sayin Bob lost another big game... Since we win, nothing

soonerloyal
12/31/2009, 11:03 PM
BTW, if we would have lost, the media would be sayin Bob lost another big game... Since we win, nothing

Meh. I'll take the W and the nothin'. :D

12/31/2009, 11:07 PM
God bless Oklahoma. God bless the Sooners.

VA Sooner
1/1/2010, 02:49 AM
Happy New Year, Everyone... here's to an end to 2009 and counting down the days until the first game of the 2010 season.

sooner59
1/1/2010, 03:07 AM
Grates to the sooners! Holding Gerhart down was huge! It was a very exiting game against against a very good Stanford team! The sooners played great on the "D" I didn't see a thing wrong with the OU QB. He's going to be great next year. Again, Grats: to the Sooners!

Thanks husker, you guys played great as well.

westcoast_sooner
1/1/2010, 04:02 AM
Guys - look this is a W. Regardless of any critique it still goes in the 'W' column for th season. My original points are that we didn't play like crap, and that we weren't out-coached. We came back from a deficit, fought hard, and won the game. The Sooners played a good opponent in a tough game and came out ahead.