PDA

View Full Version : Ronnell Lewis + Tom Wort

sooner59
12/31/2009, 06:54 PM
Playing next year at LB. Anybody excited? I can't wait.

Frozen Sooner
12/31/2009, 06:56 PM
Ronnell had a baaaaad attitude today. He made at least three nasty hits.

freshchris05
12/31/2009, 06:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyvFr6ib5JA

MojoRisen
12/31/2009, 06:57 PM
Ronnell made some serious plays today, especially on the reverse! I was glad to see him in there playing some! Those guys are going to be sick! Franklin also made a big play! We should be loaded at linebacker for years to come since we offer 5 every year!

PLaw
12/31/2009, 07:20 PM
Playing next year at LB. Anybody excited? I can't wait. With David King, Frank Alexander and Jeremy Beal at the ends - yeah, I got a hard on.

BOOMER

SouthFortySooner
12/31/2009, 07:22 PM
I saw Wort suited up!

zeke
12/31/2009, 07:34 PM
I'm excited!

mightysooner
12/31/2009, 07:37 PM
Didn't Wort blow out a knee or am I thinking of somebody else? He's the limey kid right?

tulsaoilerfan
12/31/2009, 07:38 PM
Didn't Wort blow out a knee or am I thinking of somebody else?

That was him, yes

BoulderSooner79
12/31/2009, 07:39 PM
That play King made on the throw-back to Gerhart was huge. Not a play you would have expected from an inexperienced guy like that.

mightysooner
12/31/2009, 07:42 PM
That was him, yes

Isn't he english?

Partial Qualifier
12/31/2009, 07:56 PM
yes, he's from south of London by way of New Braunfels, Tx.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/MYSA120807_01D_FBH_wort_en_260f0a4_html3216.html

Scott D
12/31/2009, 08:15 PM
As long as Lewis keeps up his progression he's going to be a fun one to watch....but I bet ole nicky zepp is going to say how meaningless the practices leading up to this game were for the players.

TXBOOMER
12/31/2009, 08:34 PM

I am excited about Lewis and Lewis for sure. Wort sounds great but I'll wait to see him play on the rehabbed knee before I get to excited.

KiiDSooNER
12/31/2009, 08:51 PM
Ronnell Lewis is going to be great for us. He's got speed and his ability to hit is incredible. Him and Travis Lewis will make a hell of a tandem. Tom Wort has potential written all over him, but he's injury prone from what I've read because of his crazy instincts.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him play inside if Wort doesn't play. Lewis/Ronnell/Ibiloye could be our linebacking crew next year.

spatton713
12/31/2009, 08:55 PM

ronnell was insane cant wait....lewis is staying right? lewis,ronnell and wort HA!

stoops the eternal pimp
12/31/2009, 10:05 PM
We were talking about him a while back in the RR thread...Defense went big today and Ronnell is that big LB that we need

tulsaoilerfan
12/31/2009, 10:07 PM
The amazing thing about Ronnell is how damn hard he hits for a kid that is just 1 year out of high school

stoops the eternal pimp
12/31/2009, 10:10 PM
Just looking at him standing with the other LBs, the dude just stands out.....

soonerloyal
12/31/2009, 10:48 PM
...Tom Wort Playing next year at LB. Anybody excited? I can't wait.

Yep, if Schmitty doesn't break him again... :eek:

BoulderSooner79
12/31/2009, 10:49 PM
I think R. Lewis just had superior equipment. We need to make sure all our LBs use those same shoulder pads - more pop in 'em. ;)

AzianSooner
12/31/2009, 11:05 PM
Reminde me of the Real Roy W.

thesnowbishop
12/31/2009, 11:27 PM
Also, Jayden Bird made some good contributions on special teams this year. He might get some pt next year as well.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/1/2010, 01:04 AM
Lewis makes ESPN's top 10 (#9) with his hit on the KO return...

BrockLanders
1/1/2010, 01:24 AM
Lewis is sooo sick. I've enjoyed him blowing people up on KR return team. He's been dong it all year. Ask KU's Briscoe.

VA Sooner
1/1/2010, 02:39 AM
Both Wort and R. Lewis are hard-hitting LBs... next years' LBs will be a force to contend with.

Nelson, Hurst and Carter all had great games.

SCOUT
1/1/2010, 02:41 AM
I think a big hit from a defender can have a major momentum impact and we haven't really had that lately. I remember a few Ontei Jones plays that weren't any big deal but the hit made everyone take notice and step it up a notch.

Some call it swagger...:)

freshchris05
1/1/2010, 09:14 AM
^^ word

AlbqSooner
1/1/2010, 09:19 AM
Ronnell Lewis played 8 man football in high school if I recall correctly. Seems he has made the adjustment satisfactorily. After all, you generally only hit one guy at a time.

soonerborn30
1/1/2010, 09:40 AM
That boy lays the wood! I like it!

Sam.England
1/1/2010, 10:08 AM
Roll on Wort getting back and being in the mix, has been killing him sat on the sidelines, but will have learnt alot!

Heads are gonna be hurting next season with these LB's :)

VA Sooner
1/1/2010, 10:10 AM
How many days until the new season starts???? :D :D :D :D :D

Sam.England
1/1/2010, 10:11 AM
How many days until the new season starts???? :D :D :D :D :D

A few hundred too many!

EnragedOUfan
1/1/2010, 10:12 AM
Yep, if Schmitty doesn't break him again... :eek:

You better watch it. I spoke out against Schmitty and got negged for it. Not that I care though. If it makes them feel better, they can neg me all they want. Some people can't handle other people's opinions.........Anyhow, I agree.

ArkanSooner
1/1/2010, 10:20 AM
It's going to be fantastic.

I'm definitely excited about next year's defense.

IronHorseSooner
1/1/2010, 11:00 AM
I hope we can hear these quotes next year:

"And John Gilbert is again driven violently into the Cotton Bowl turf by Ronnell Lewis."

"Tom Wort nearly decapitated Malcolm Williams going over the middle."

oudavid1
1/6/2010, 02:58 AM
I hope we can hear these quotes next year:

"And John Gilbert is again driven violently into the Cotton Bowl turf by Ronnell Lewis."

"Tom Wort nearly decapitated Malcolm Williams going over the middle."

"Wow!........and Gilbert is down......it looks to be his shoulder......similar to the Sam Bradford injury of last year by texas. Well dont think it will mater now, the Sooners are clingy to a 72-3 lead here in the 4th"

SunnySooner
1/6/2010, 10:16 AM
Here's a clip of the Ronnell hit on the KO return, this is the only one I could find, quality is not the best, but holy whiplash, batman, what a hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-jJvKpGnjw

SCOUT
1/6/2010, 10:31 AM
cw4OKUgBciE

adoniijahsooner
1/6/2010, 10:36 AM
I swear to God, i feel Ronnell and Tom are going to end up paralyzing someone.

Mad Dog Madsen
1/6/2010, 10:37 AM
Ronnell Lewis played 8 man football in high school if I recall correctly. Seems he has made the adjustment satisfactorily. After all, you generally only hit one guy at a time.

His team switched to 11 man his senior year to make the transition easier. Looks like it helped. FWIW my lil bro knows him personally. lol. :D I was fortunate enough to watch a few of his HS games. He was incredible! Offense, Defense, ST, you name it! The kid is definitely one hell of an athlete. He'll be a superstar. I will enojoy watching him for years to come.

NormanPride
1/6/2010, 10:40 AM
I still get fired up about that second hit! The sick thing is that he SLOWED DOWN before that hit.

Ronnell, please stay healthy and eligible. We need you!

SunnySooner
1/6/2010, 10:44 AM
Thanks for posting that Scout!!!

Jello Biafra
1/6/2010, 10:46 AM
A few hundred too many!

sam, is that a pic of tom in your avatar?

all,

these defenders are going to be some kind of assskickers next year.

box and (travis) lewis will be back...wort, bird and franklin will be a year more experienced. this gang here ^^ shows to have big time quicks and big time hits
now add favors, (aaron) franklin, and lake. dont know much about the others but as ive said before, lake, is hard to run away from. now, granted, Yukon is a bunch of corn fed white breds but lake was always in position to make a play and usually did. according to his bio he has ran a 10.6 in the 100meters.

now throw in the ones who make it happen...the dline...
got taylor and mcfarland coming back...(great anchors) kong and a dude named casey walker(dont know about him but he LOOKS the role) and 3 more coming to the team including ADs cousin who seems to already be in a position to start. (yeh 6'4" 300lbs is a significantly sized 18 year old DT. he could be close to being done growing but good lord...if he grows another 2 inches and an additional 20 lbs???? he could actually be close to 6'4" and 320) now add damon williams who is also 6'4" 300 lbs...
hopefully mccoy will be so sad that taylor missed a majority of the bowl game gerald will realize he wants to stay. ;)

all but english is coming back on the dend side of things and big things are expected out of this crew...including the emergence of justin chaisson. anyone know anything about CHUKA?

you throw this motely crew against anyone next year, it may be a long year for our opponents.

KantoSooner
1/6/2010, 10:55 AM
The second hit was the most devastating, and had the whole room, including 65 year old women laughing, cruelly; but the third hit, the one on the receiver, had a certain bobble-headed charm to it. The way his head whip lashed around had me all happy inside.

soonerborn30
1/6/2010, 12:58 PM
That second hit is insane. Dude is coming full steam ahead and then....plop. Right on his butt. My wife, who is usually pretty quiet and reserved during these things, stands up and yells "have a seat, punk!!" Even women know this guy is a BA.

Sam.England
1/6/2010, 01:18 PM
sam, is that a pic of tom in your avatar?

Had to go check but nope thats me from last season!

sooner59
1/6/2010, 01:19 PM
I feel for anybody who ever has to take a hit from The Hammer.

Mad Dog Madsen
1/6/2010, 01:41 PM
I feel for anybody who ever has to take a hit from The Hammer.

I hear he prefers to be called "Beast." Really though...

soonerspudman
1/6/2010, 03:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyvFr6ib5JA

I do hope this kid was okay. Day-ung.

GKeeper316
1/6/2010, 04:50 PM
With David King, Frank Alexander and Jeremy Beal at the ends - yeah, I got a hard on.

BOOMER

you forgot rj washington! you cant forget rj washington!

our d is friggin stacked for next season

Jello Biafra
1/6/2010, 05:26 PM
you forgot rj washington! you cant forget rj washington!

our d is friggin stacked for next season

out of that gang only alexander and beal have done anything of note so far...but with RJ, david king and justin chaisson...if we dont have the sack happiest dends in all of college football, it certainly will be in the BIG XII.

assuming all three of the newbs become serious players.

goingoneight
1/6/2010, 05:59 PM
Beal, Alexander, Box, T. Lewis, R. Lewis, Q. Carter, Wort... man... stay healthy and strong, guys!

Sooner FLiP
1/6/2010, 06:29 PM
That second hit is insane. Dude is coming full steam ahead and then....plop. Right on his butt. My wife, who is usually pretty quiet and reserved during these things, stands up and yells "have a seat, punk!!" Even women know this guy is a BA.

HA my wife did the same thing. she jumped up, pointed to the tv, and said "sit down you lil B!"

prrriiide
1/6/2010, 09:57 PM
I just showed those vids to a co-worker who is a big USC fan. He couldn't believe those hits were coming from a freshman that played 8-man in HS. His words: don't go across the middle against OU for a couple of years if you care about your players.

:D nice...