PDA

View Full Version : My crimson colored glasses take

BoulderSooner79
12/31/2009, 06:26 PM
I've never done a "my take", but the off-season will be long...

We won a bowl game

We beat a ranked team

We beat a ranked team on the road

We came back from a 2nd half deficit

We had a long, time consuming 4th qtr drive that put the opponent in a bad place

We had a 4th quarter stop to save the game.

We overcame an unbelievable bad call that game the opponent a turnover.

Sure, there were plenty of mistakes, but the only really bad takeaway from this game is the injuries. Here's wishing Taylor a swift and complete recovery.

goingoneight
12/31/2009, 06:29 PM
All very true, but I never doubted we *could* do these things, we just haven't where it mattered.

Blues1
12/31/2009, 06:30 PM
We have Ryan Broyles and Landry Back Next Year ~~~~ :)

Plus We have The next 8 months to SMILE ~~~ :)

BoulderSooner79
12/31/2009, 06:34 PM
All very true, but I never doubted we *could* do these things, we just haven't where it mattered.

Exactly my reason to post - we have been capable all along. But it only counts if you do it and we can end this season knowing that we did.

Now time to make sure all those verbal commits sign-on and maybe pluck an uncommitted jewel or 2...

sooner59
12/31/2009, 06:37 PM
Landry has shown that he is quite capable of playing solid at QB. He made a few mistakes, but all freshmen do. I think he will realize in the offseason that he has grown a lot as a player over the course of this season. I still have confidence in him.

ouwasp
12/31/2009, 06:40 PM
proud of the Sooners!

Winning the 3rd down battle on O and D was huge.

So glad the 2009 season is over; surely next yr will have a sane number of injuries.....or maybe even one of those 2000 type seasons injury-wise!

TAFBSooner
12/31/2009, 06:51 PM
Other than arguably KSU, this is the only close game we've won this year. That in itself is huge.

MojoRisen
12/31/2009, 07:03 PM
Landry has shown that he is quite capable of playing solid at QB. He made a few mistakes, but all freshmen do. I think he will realize in the offseason that he has grown a lot as a player over the course of this season. I still have confidence in him.

Landry played like a stud today! Made some sick throws on that last long drive!

MyT Oklahoma
12/31/2009, 07:12 PM
The boys did a good job today and our Seniors finally get a bowl win. I for one am a happy camper until next fall.

hawaii 5-0
12/31/2009, 07:42 PM
I'd like to think that the OU recruits for next season liked what they saw today.

:cool: 5-0

ouduckhunter
12/31/2009, 07:48 PM
Boomer!! Thank goodness that good play overcame the idiot refs!! Any time that we beat a Pac 10 school is good!!!

New year = Fresh start!!!

Love you Sooners and all my friends on SoonerFans!!

meoveryouxinfinity
12/31/2009, 08:02 PM
Boomer!! Thank goodness that good play overcame the idiot refs!! Any time that we beat a Pac 10 school is good!!!

New year = Fresh start!!!

Love you Sooners and all my friends on SoonerFans!!

love you too. no homo.
:O

IronHorseSooner
12/31/2009, 08:55 PM
The WRs and TEs played well today. I liked the set we had out there today with Miller, Reynolds, Broyles, and Ratteree. We just need to find a good combo on the line. Landry grew up a lot today. Hey, we beat two ranked teams in a row. Now for the D, I don't know if there will be a harder hitting group of LBs around next year than what we will have. I am truly praying for Adrian Taylor. Not just as a player, but as a person.

OUMallen
12/31/2009, 09:00 PM
Winning the 3rd down battle on O and D was huge.

+ a fillion.

kelloggOUballa
1/1/2010, 12:38 AM
Here's wishing Taylor a swift and complete recovery.

Amen. This should help his recovery time:

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/blog/taylor_swift.jpg

In all seriousness though, I really hope he comes back full strength, for his sake and ours!

BlownGP
1/1/2010, 01:50 AM
yeah,, im am very proud of the team today. We played awesome.

Im noting going to lie, when they blocked that kick and ended up on the 10 yard line. I thought it was over. It just seems like when we get a TO like that, OU seems to wanna hide in the dawg house, but they proved me wrong..

Great win and I can finally wear my OU gear proud in LSU land!!!!!

sooner59
1/1/2010, 02:09 AM
yeah,, im am very proud of the team today. We played awesome.

Im noting going to lie, when they blocked that kick and ended up on the 10 yard line. I thought it was over. It just seems like when we get a TO like that, OU seems to wanna hide in the dawg house, but they proved me wrong..

Great win and I can finally wear my OU gear proud in LSU land!!!!!

I was decked out in Sooner gear from head to toe in Dallas tonight. And I was proud of it.

VA Sooner
1/1/2010, 02:16 AM
Great game by the boys... and most importantly, nice adjustment by the defense to secure the win by holding Stanford to just 3 points, and Gerhart to no rushing TDs in the second half.

Good grind-out win against a good team and with a skeleton crew of an o-line who did just enough to give Landry time to throw some great passes. Broyles is a stud.

A good feeling for the next 8 months...