85Sooner
12/31/2009, 04:03 PM
No other words apply.

rawlingsHOH
12/31/2009, 04:06 PM
Passing game looks dece

Leroy Lizard
12/31/2009, 04:06 PM
I thought the punt block was pretty pathetic, but other than that Stanford is just playing a great game. We're only down by a TD at the half. We can win.

rawlingsHOH
12/31/2009, 04:10 PM
Can't win unless the battle at the LOS changes

85Sooner
12/31/2009, 04:12 PM
We just couldn't run out that clock fast enough. We look predictable as ever. Sadly, Its starting to not be fun anymore. If they finally do complete something of meaning, PENALTY. This is one of the most undisciplined teams OU has ever put out and I thought Landry would improve. He has not. The O line should be ashamed of their output. Kicking game? atrocious.

A couple of decent passes is about it for today so far.

tulsaoilerfan
12/31/2009, 04:13 PM
OU should not lose to a team playing their back up QB that i don't think has played at all this season, or at least not very much

tm250
12/31/2009, 04:17 PM
OU should not lose to a team playing their back up QB that i don't think has played at all this season, or at least not very much

x2

BetterSoonerThanLater
12/31/2009, 04:20 PM
what i think is sad is that the most winningest team since WWII hasn't won a bowl game in six years....this is shaping up to be more of the same

BoulderSooner79
12/31/2009, 04:23 PM
A couple of decent passes? We have over 200 yards in the air. Landry is starting to lock in on Broyles too much though.

I guess we have an "opportunity" to win a game in the 2nd half.

PS Ronnell Lewis is a *beast*

tooslow
12/31/2009, 04:28 PM
Is anyone REALLY that surprised? I think we still have more than just a good chance to win the game, but I'd still be more surprised if we win. Unfortunately, I actually expect a Bowl loss nowadays. I'm sure some teams would love to get the chance to lose 7 straight bowl games, but I agree with the OP. This is pathetic..... :(

Pelini's team sure as hell came to play against 'Zona. They were favored by what, 3 pts? OU is favored by 10.5 today. Once again, what the hell is wrong with the bowl preparation?

SoonerLB
12/31/2009, 04:30 PM
Pathetic? Kevin Wilson yes, Landry Jones no. Landry is doing pretty well for having such poor blocking up front, and he is not the one calling the plays. Wilson is once again trying to doom us with flare passes and sideways plays, and Stanford is quite well aware of what he will call in most situations, because he is the most predictable OC in the country.

Leroy Lizard
12/31/2009, 04:37 PM
Murray drops the pass. What a terrible call by KW.

Leroy Lizard
12/31/2009, 04:39 PM
Pass to Broyles for a TD. Such a predictable call by KW.

TooSoon
12/31/2009, 04:47 PM
No other words apply.

What's with the pessimism? We're holding our own just fine. For SURE we win; I predict a 2nd half blow out.:)

tooslow
12/31/2009, 04:57 PM
For SURE we win; I predict a 2nd half blow out.:)

I hope you are correct. Hell, I'll settle for a 1 point win. :O

Hopefully Wilson will call a pass play on the next 4th down we go for. Has he forgotten about the inexperienced O-Line? :mad:

Leroy Lizard
12/31/2009, 05:03 PM
If we had passed and thrown incomplete, what would you have said?

tooslow
12/31/2009, 05:25 PM

My reply to you is: If we threw for the first down on that play, would you have still posted? :D

Here goes a tie ball game..... :mad:

tooslow
12/31/2009, 05:30 PM

Seriously, though, I would have said we should've punted. :D

swooperman
12/31/2009, 05:37 PM
Mike Leach is landing in Norman now and removing all Kevin Wilson's stuff from his office and putting his name plate on the door. That's the way a pirate rolls! He's taking back his old job!

soonerfromgeorgia
12/31/2009, 05:40 PM
Our defense is pathetic and stupid (McCoy)

Since71ASooner4Life
12/31/2009, 06:06 PM
What's really pathetic is a bunch of so called Sooner fans whining on this thread, especially that panty waste taking a shot at Gerald McCoy. Go away and be girls basketball fans or something else.

Oh, wait a minute we won - you can go tell everybody what die hard Sooner fans you are after all

colleyvillesooner
12/31/2009, 06:11 PM
This thread looks kinda stupid now.

BoulderSooner79
12/31/2009, 06:12 PM
Wow - McCoy makes one mistake the entire year and suddenly he's stupid. Yeah, that play was dumb, but things were getting chippy and a lot of crap what going on at the time and he lost his temper. But the man has been a rock the whole year.

Leroy Lizard
12/31/2009, 06:19 PM
It was a stupid play, but that doesn't make McCoy stupid. It was just one play.

I thought OU played very well on both sides of the ball and beat a good Stanford team pretty convincingly. Nothing pathetic about performance at all.

mightysooner
12/31/2009, 06:26 PM
Pathetic? Kevin Wilson yes, Landry Jones no. Landry is doing pretty well for having such poor blocking up front, and he is not the one calling the plays. Wilson is once again trying to doom us with flare passes and sideways plays, and Stanford is quite well aware of what he will call in most situations, because he is the most predictable OC in the country.

I don't think KW called a bad game today. He stretched the field when Stanford was daring us to throw the ball. He called a good game.

tooslow
12/31/2009, 06:27 PM
I thought OU played very well on both sides of the ball and beat a good Stanford team pretty convincingly. Nothing pathetic about performance at all.

Your definition of "convincingly" is way different than mine. :D In this case, I like your definition better. I was thinking with a back up QB, Stanford would've had a much tougher time getting on the scoreboard.

I think the team showed a lot of heart by coming out in the second half and answering Stanford's plays with plays of their own.

BoulderSooner79
12/31/2009, 06:29 PM
I agree it was a good game by KW. He was hampered by this version of the O-line being completely unable to run block. But they gave Jones decent time (not great) and KW mixed up the routes enough to get someone open on most plays. That 4th qtr drive and all the 3rd down conversions had some really nice calls.

Zbird
12/31/2009, 06:50 PM
We just couldn't run out that clock fast enough. We look predictable as ever. Sadly, Its starting to not be fun anymore. If they finally do complete something of meaning, PENALTY. This is one of the most undisciplined teams OU has ever put out and I thought Landry would improve. He has not. The O line should be ashamed of their output. Kicking game? atrocious.

A couple of decent passes is about it for today so far.

I call BS. "Couple of decent passes"????????????? How about over 400 yards passing for 3 TDs. I can remember when 400 yards total offense won lots of games. I think Landry had a very good game. Offensively I'd give both Landry and Broyles game balls and on Defense, Ronell Lewis -Helluva hitter.

rawlingsHOH
12/31/2009, 06:53 PM
Can't win unless the battle at the LOS changes

Sooners won the battle of the line in the 2nd half. Championship!

Scott D
12/31/2009, 06:53 PM
Your definition of "convincingly" is way different than mine. :D In this case, I like your definition better. I was thinking with a back up QB, Stanford would've had a much tougher time getting on the scoreboard.

I think the team showed a lot of heart by coming out in the second half and answering Stanford's plays with plays of their own.

I'd say holding Stanford to 3 points and 2 first downs in the second half was pretty convincing.

Piware
12/31/2009, 07:08 PM
Our defense is pathetic and stupid (McCoy)

Sorry Georgia but I just can't let this one pass. Gerald McCoy has played lights out in every game he has ever played in his OU career. Before calling him stupid, please keep in mind this was his last game as a Sooner, he has watched injured teammates fall all around him and has taken up a lot of slack with the young kids. He has been battered, bruised, double & triple teamed and still played like the champion he is. McCoy is also in the projected top 5 NFL picks.

Frustrated - definitely, bad move knee jerk reaction - probably but Gerald is definitely NOT STUPID! Based on his career as a Sooner, I gotta give him a pass on this one.

...And, we won! :D

sooner59
12/31/2009, 07:09 PM
Our defense stepped up when they had to and we won. That is good enough for me now that its over.

Scott D
12/31/2009, 07:10 PM
Sorry Georgia but I just can't let this one pass. Gerald McCoy has played lights out in every game he has ever played in his OU career. Before calling him stupid, please keep in mind this was his last game as a Sooner, he has watched injured teammates fall all around him and has taken up a lot of slack with the young kids. He has been battered, bruised, double & triple teamed and still played like the champion he is. McCoy is also in the projected top 5 NFL picks.

Frustrated - definitely, bad move knee jerk reaction - probably but Gerald is definitely NOT STUPID! Based on his career as a Sooner, I gotta give him a pass on this one.

...And, we won! :D

not to mention that at the end of the previous play..well non play since it was a false start on Stanford, the lineman that McCoy shoved that got him the flag, tried to kick Granger in the junk with each foot while he was on his back after getting laid out.

theresonly1OU
12/31/2009, 07:11 PM
What's really pathetic is a bunch of so called Sooner fans whining on this thread, especially that panty waste taking a shot at Gerald McCoy. Go away and be girls basketball fans or something else.

Oh, wait a minute we won - you can go tell everybody what die hard Sooner fans you are after all

Winnar.

GKeeper316
12/31/2009, 07:13 PM
all you haters can just go buy yourselves some baby **** brown cow gear... obvious you arent really sooner fans.

the_ouskull
12/31/2009, 07:15 PM

Pretty sure they said during the broadcast that he has 20ish career starts.

the_ouskull

soonerboy
12/31/2009, 07:23 PM
what are you guys talking about? they played a back up quarterback.....OUR WHOLE F ING TEAM IS BACK UPS

swardboy
12/31/2009, 07:32 PM
All I ask is that #74 seriously consider blocking the guy head up on him, instead of helping his buddy with a double team.....

tulsaoilerfan
12/31/2009, 07:36 PM

the_ouskull

I heard that after i posted, but the guy has barely played at all this season, if any, and i can see why from seeing the second half; he's not very damn good

Leroy Lizard
12/31/2009, 07:37 PM
Your definition of "convincingly" is way different than mine.

We were the better team and we outplayed them. If the hit on Broyles gets flagged, we win by at least 10.

tulsaoilerfan
12/31/2009, 07:39 PM
Honestly we could have blown them out, but i'm more than happy with the win

BoulderSooner79
12/31/2009, 07:50 PM
Honestly we could have blown them out, but i'm more than happy with the win

Yep. We handed them 10 points with the pick and the blocked punt in the 1st half. And left 3 on the field on that last FG try that was very close-in. Given the yardage difference, it should have been a dominant win.

But the nice thing about a bowl win is that there is no need to sweat the mistakes - the next game is a different team. (The coaches should look closely at their parts though).

SoonerLB
12/31/2009, 07:52 PM
I don't think KW called a bad game today. He stretched the field when Stanford was daring us to throw the ball. He called a good game.

I made that post at halftime, and I will admit the 2nd half had some better play calling, but it could have been even better. The team stepped up and made plays, and Landry threw the ball well, that's what won the game. It darned sure wasn't because of KW's play calling, it was players making plays DESPITE his play calling.

I saw a team today that wanted to win, and played to win, and I liked it!

Glad we won a bowl game to get that onus off the backs of Bob and the team, it's a great day in Sooner land, and I'm looking forward to next season being a championship season. We all know that we are going to need improvement in the offense, and that includes the booth! Maybe that's just my opinion, but that's how I feel. KW does not impress me as anything close to an offensive genious, he's just an average OC. Again, my opinion, but I'm stickin' to it.

Leroy Lizard
12/31/2009, 08:00 PM
I made that post at halftime, and I will admit the 2nd half had some better play calling, but it could have been even better. The team stepped up and made plays, and Landry threw the ball well, that's what won the game. It darned sure wasn't because of KW's play calling, it was players making plays DESPITE his play calling.

You can't win against this kind of argument, even when the offense sets the NCAA scoring record.

Unreal.

ashley
12/31/2009, 08:46 PM

Glad we won a bowl game to get that onus off the backs of Bob and the team, it's a great day in Sooner land, and I'm looking forward to next season being a championship season. We all know that we are going to need improvement in the offense, and that includes the booth! Maybe that's just my opinion, but that's how I feel. KW does not impress me as anything close to an offensive genious, he's just an average OC. Again, my opinion, but I'm stickin' to it.

Please tell us your coaching background. It is harder than you think. You are the guy that doesn't think the other team has any coaches, facalities, players, video equipt. etc.

spatton713
12/31/2009, 08:58 PM

until final play lol shoulda took a knee that woulda been the topper to the injuries this year

the_ouskull
12/31/2009, 09:22 PM
until final play lol shoulda took a knee that woulda been the topper to the injuries this year

It was kind of like 2009 was getting those last few little squirts of, well, you know what of, on our football team before 2010 began.

the_ouskull

misplacedsooner
12/31/2009, 09:26 PM
anyone that calls this win pathetic musta smoked too much hoochie. landry played well, made a couple mistakes but didnt let them get him down. stanford played as well as they could and we beat them straight up. wilson called a solid game, players made the plays....thats all til next fall guys...things look good for us and i can wait.

Leroy Lizard
12/31/2009, 09:33 PM
What's amazing is that the OU offense scored more in the first half than the second half, but somehow the playcalling magically got better in the second half. (The fact that our D shut them down in the second half may have had something to do with it.)

It's all fan misperception.

Frozen Sooner
12/31/2009, 09:35 PM
Please tell us your coaching background. It is harder than you think. You are the guy that doesn't think the other team has any coaches, facalities, players, video equipt. etc.

Dude. Just because someone's not a coach doesn't mean that they can't criticize our coaches. Kevin Wilson's play-calling is way too predictable. I mean, every time they line up on first down they're either going to call a pass or a run. How does he expect to keep any defense off balance with that? And that one time he called an interception was just ridiculous-it's like he's trying to lose.

That Brunch Lunchable dude sure has a weird name for a guy who looks like Skeletor. Totally unacceptable that a guy who didn't even win the Heisman gashed us for 120+ yards.

VA Sooner
1/1/2010, 02:58 AM
Gerhart should have won the Heisman but didn't have enough exposure since he played for Stanford.

Defense really locked down on the run in the second half and stuffed their offense... kept them to 1 third-down conversion in the second half and 3 points.

Should have dominated more but the pick 6, missed field goal and bogus call on Broyles trying to catch the punt cost us 17 points. We dominated in every way except the run game.

Leroy Lizard
1/1/2010, 03:46 AM
Dude. Just because someone's not a coach doesn't mean that they can't criticize our coaches. Kevin Wilson's play-calling is way too predictable. I mean, every time they line up on first down they're either going to call a pass or a run.

Yeah, I noticed that too. And there were times that on third and long, he had a tendency to call a pass play more than a run play. Can't keep a defense guessing doing that.

SoonerDood
1/1/2010, 04:20 AM
what i think is sad is that the most winningest team since WWII hasn't won a bowl game in six years....this is shaping up to be more of the same

4 years, but don't let that stop you.

SoonerDood
1/1/2010, 04:22 AM

What's funny is the haters quit posting after halftime. I'm sure they're all devastated by the come-from-behind second-half victory over a ranked team. They'll lick their wounds and come back in a few days.

Mississippi Sooner
1/1/2010, 05:56 AM
Hmmm. I could have sworn we won the game. I really thought I had a great time watching it. Good thing I recorded it on the dvr. Guess I better go back and watch it again. I had no idea we lost.

Crucifax Autumn
1/1/2010, 07:16 AM
At least this thread was created in time to compete for dumbest thread of the year.

East Coast Bias
1/1/2010, 07:31 AM
What I saw that I haven't seen all year was the swagger back in the second half. You could feel the momentum swing, it felt like we were up 2 touchdowns even with a tie game. The minute our defense shut down their offense you could sense the game turn. I was glad to see Gerald and crew show some fire, bring on a penalty or two!!! Even stoops yelling at the ref was encouraging. We had become too antiseptic. About time we played with some fire. Some pretty good hits on Gerhart, he looked like a man needing oxygen several times....

SoonerAtKU
1/1/2010, 07:56 AM
Their backup QB was good enough to beat USC last year. This is a well-coached Stanford team that executed their game plan almost to perfection. They shut down the run game almost completely and if they'd made one more pick, the end result probably isn't quite as fun for us OU fans.

ashley
1/1/2010, 08:00 AM
Dude. Just because someone's not a coach doesn't mean that they can't criticize our coaches. Kevin Wilson's play-calling is way too predictable. I mean, every time they line up on first down they're either going to call a pass or a run. How does he expect to keep any defense off balance with that? And that one time he called an interception was just ridiculous-it's like he's trying to lose.

That Brunch Lunchable dude sure has a weird name for a guy who looks like Skeletor. Totally unacceptable that a guy who didn't even win the Heisman gashed us for 120+ yards.

Great, I was thinking the same thing myself.

C&CDean
1/1/2010, 11:22 AM
I'm going to archive this thread just to show the stupidity of some of our "fans."

It was a good win, and personally I felt like 10K tons were taken off Stoops' and Co's shoulders. You could physically see it.

Did I mention how much I can't stand some of our pathetic fans? It's a damn good thing our coaches and players ain't such whiney-assed quitters.

sooner ngintunr
1/1/2010, 11:31 AM
At least this thread was created in time to compete for dumbest thread of the year.

I was gonna post the same thing.

The only thing pathetic is this thread.

Did I mention how much I can't stand some of our pathetic fans? It's a damn good thing our coaches and players ain't such whiney-assed quitters.

Couldn't have said it better and I totally agree.

misplacedsooner
1/1/2010, 11:42 AM
we should have a contest...best thread of the year, dumbest thread, mvp( most valuable poster), and stp (stupidest poster)

bonkuba
1/1/2010, 11:50 AM
Mods.....I have never asked this before.....can you remove this thread?

This has to be the stupidest most idiotic thread ever. Our boys played their butts off for us yesterday. After they won the game they came over to the fans and thanked us for being there......they even apolgized for the season not being up to "par" for OU........I say any of you idiots bashing our guys can wash your mouth out with buckshot......I'll even help ya if ya want.

I am proud to be a Sooner......no matter what. We may not play well sometimes and I am critical.....but some of you just suck......that is all.

By the way for you fair weather idiots......Boomer!!

misplacedsooner
1/1/2010, 12:00 PM
the thread should stay and be stickied so some can learn from their own stupidity and newbies may learn how NOT to be stupid.

Alum81
1/1/2010, 12:17 PM
Our cheerleaders didn't really cheer up to expectations until the second half, and then they only did "safe" cheers.
(not much to add to all the above negative posters, but wanted to be a part of a historic thread!)

Dio
1/1/2010, 01:23 PM
All aboard the Failboat!

Soonerus
1/1/2010, 01:36 PM
worst thread ever...

meoveryouxinfinity
1/1/2010, 01:39 PM
ATTN: If you're a hot head, don't post during games. and certainly don't make threads during games. Of course, this thread might be appropriate if we had lost. But please don't make a mockery of yourself.

rawlingsHOH
1/1/2010, 01:41 PM
All I ask is that #74 seriously consider blocking the guy head up on him, instead of helping his buddy with a double team.....

simmons is pretty assignment sound according to the coaches, and his seniority. i'm guessing it was zone or slide protection.

Scott D
1/1/2010, 02:35 PM
the thread should stay and be stickied so some can learn from their own stupidity and newbies may learn how NOT to be stupid.

if you know anything of 85Sooner's posting style then you know that he hasn't learned in many years of posting...old dog, new tricks and some such.

misplacedsooner
1/1/2010, 03:45 PM
haha, im learning. alot of times when i see something stupid i go back and try to find all or some of the other posts made by that person just to see if it was a 1 time thing or consistent.

Crucifax Autumn
1/1/2010, 04:07 PM
It's almost always consistent.

85sooners
1/1/2010, 04:12 PM
all i know is ronnell lewis will knock your fnnn head off!!!!!!

tommieharris91
1/1/2010, 04:41 PM
all i know is ronnell lewis will knock your fnnn head off!!!!!!

You as a fan are PATHETIC.

tommieharris91
1/1/2010, 04:43 PM
we should have a contest...best thread of the year, dumbest thread, mvp( most valuable poster), and stp (stupidest poster)

What's worse is that this thread might not actually be the worst thread of 2009. There were some threads on this board where posters were trying to make a case that we should have thrown our game against osu.

misplacedsooner
1/1/2010, 04:52 PM
im so glad i missed that one, i cant think of one reason to throw a game ever...let alone against aggies.

Desert Sapper
1/1/2010, 06:25 PM
Landry Jones is a Freshman who took over for arguably the best pro style QB we've ever had. He played without the best offensive player on the team (Gresham) and behind a line that has been frankensteined together in so many ways it now seems comical. In this latest edition of 'who's the center?', eric mensik -- who started the season as a TE -- started at center.

We lost our starting NG at the beginning of the game to a knee injury. Will the madness never end!?!?!?

Stanford came into this game with the Heisman runner up (who by many accounts should have won). They were on a minor hot streak, having won 4 of their last 5 (including USC and Pac 10 champ Oregon). The biggest loss for this team was by 10 to Oregon State in Corvallis on October 10. Stanford's only missing ingredient was Andrew Luck, and even Harbaugh admitted that Luck would not have made that much of a difference. Tavita Pritchard played pretty well, considering the D he was facing.

OUr D played a great game. Were there some mistakes? Sure. But not the scratch your head BS like we saw against Texas Tech this year. I can't wait to see Ronnell Lewis as a regular starter. That kid is a freight train.

Landry Jones played a great game.

This was the first time this year that OUr O really did what we do -- take advantage of what the other team will give us. They stuffed the run. So Landry threw for 400 yards and 3 TDs. Not bad.

The only thing that's pathetic is how eager 'fans' are to leap in and declare failure. What kind of sick psychology calls for people to constantly seek out the worst possible perspective and blast it out for everyone to see? A very sad one.

This has not been the best year for Sooner fans. But heads up, y'all. We ended with a win. And a damn good one at that. Happy New Year and can't wait till fall!

bringit
1/1/2010, 06:39 PM

that's already been proven. Dean has archived it :D

delhalew
1/1/2010, 06:57 PM

the_ouskull

He is the one that lead them in a win over USC a couple years ago.

BTW...this thread is pathetic.

Redshirt
1/1/2010, 07:18 PM
If this thread is going to be paraded out at a later date, I want to be represented:

The band missed at least 3 notes.

The team bus took a wrong turn and they arrived 3 minutes late.

One of our cheerleaders lost a contact and looked croos-eyed on TV.

Were our uniforms cleaned and pressed to the highest standards? I think not.

The people of New Mexico were cheering louder for OU than our OU fans. What gives them that right?

And don't get me started on the way OU won the game today after being down at halftime. That was just weak, beating a ranked team on national television.

SOMETHING MUST BE DONE ABOUT THIS!

bringit
1/1/2010, 10:32 PM
speaking of pathetic, what was up with all the burnt-orange puke tejas shirts I kept seeing in the stands? THAT'S pathetic

OK2LA
1/1/2010, 10:35 PM
I wasn't pleased with things that were happening in the first half, and at certain points in the game, but I never would've used the word pathetic.

Even if we would've lost this game, it wouldn't have been considered pathetic.

Sad to see how many Sooner fans dump on our team.

85sooners
1/1/2010, 10:44 PM
fu i didnt start this thread !!!!

OK2LA
1/1/2010, 10:49 PM

Heh. Guilty by association!

85sooners
1/1/2010, 11:01 PM
Heh. Guilty by association!

:(

soonerborn30
1/1/2010, 11:13 PM
I'm glad we won. I don't understand the people that were thinking we'd blow them out because they were starting a backup at QB. It's not like everybody didn't know their O depends on Gerhart.

And speaking of their QB...I now have a much greater appreciation for Mr. Jones. After seeing that kid from Stanford stink up the field, I realize how much better Landry is than I thought. He still makes terrible decisions and is woefully inaccurate, but he's a lot better than that Tavita kid! Here's to getting the monkey off our back!

misplacedsooner
1/1/2010, 11:23 PM
he looked pretty acurate to me yesterday, best game ive seen him play. he was confident and didnt let little mistakes get to him.

soonerborn30
1/2/2010, 01:11 AM
He overthrew a couple easy TD's, that's what I was referring to. I'm thinking over the whole season, I just don't think he showed much improvement from game 1 to game 13. But like I said: he's not as bad as I made him out to be, either. We could definitely do worse than Landry Jones.

colleyvillesooner
1/2/2010, 01:20 AM
Landry's biggest problem is he's not Sam Bradford. Biggest progression is between your first and second year as a starter.

tommieharris91
1/2/2010, 02:57 AM

Your name and the OP's name are too much alike. I'm sorry.