12/31/2009, 03:36 PM
And he fumbles again

TXBOOMER
12/31/2009, 03:40 PM
This is a GDMFing joke.

rawlingsHOH
12/31/2009, 06:41 PM
Add two more...

1. Horrendous pushed into the returner call, on Broyles. If that was a fact, then it was a BLOCK IN THE BACK! Not even close to being forced into the returner.

2. Ryan Broyles left foot sends rubber pellets flying. But DOESN'T touch the ground? lol

goingoneight
12/31/2009, 06:44 PM
It was a game where we seemed to be under the damn microscope, burning with a snot-nose kid above us laughing. Did Stanford get called at ALL for holding?

BoulderSooner79
12/31/2009, 06:50 PM
Stanford got a TD called back for holding. We also got a ticky-tack pass interference call against D. Miller. But that blocked into the punter call was one of those "only happens to OU" level of badness. Can you imagine a call like that *ever* going against the horns? The universe would implode.

rawlingsHOH
12/31/2009, 06:55 PM
Stanford got a TD called back for holding. We also got a ticky-tack pass interference call against D. Miller. But that blocked into the punter call was one of those "only happens to OU" level of badness. Can you imagine a call like that *ever* going against the horns? The universe would implode.

Good thing they threw the flag right away. If they would have seen it was going to result in a TD, they probably would have ate it.

sooner94
12/31/2009, 07:14 PM
The "blocked into the punter" call was the worst call I have seen this year.

Fortunately we made plays and pulled this one out.

pac10SUX
12/31/2009, 07:53 PM
The pushed into the catch returner & the Broyles catched called back were totally bogus.

Did I see it right on TV that an OU player gave the ball to the ref in the endzone fumble by Gearhart? Or maybe I was smokin' crack (again)?

BoulderSooner79
12/31/2009, 08:00 PM
Moore pulled the ball away long after the whistle blew and the play had been signaled a TD. That was a great play by Ronnell Lewis to knock that ball out of there. A great upper-cut right on the ball - and Gerhart is very strong and does not fumble. Nelson should have recovered, but muffed it.

pac10SUX
12/31/2009, 08:03 PM
You're right. I was yellin' at the TV for Nelson to knock it out of the endzone. But I think it was instinctive for him to try and jump on it.

Hot Rod
Nelson should have recovered, but muffed it.

Yeah, the way he recovered it, and turned on his back allowed the ball to become free again for Gerhart to recover. Just knocking the ball out of the endzone without recovering it, would've resulted in a touchback, correct?

Partial Qualifier
They missed the World's Easiest Holding Call on Gerhart in the first quarter, when the stanford QB rolled right and hit the dude on a come-backer

BoulderSooner79
12/31/2009, 08:08 PM
Yeah, the way he recovered it, and turned on his back allowed the ball to become free again for Gerhart to recover. Just knocking the ball out of the endzone without recovering it, would've resulted in a touchback, correct?

Yep - recover or out of the endzone would have been a touchback. If the player is too obvious about knocking the ball out of bounds, there is a penalty, but I think we would still get the ball. And they don't make that call very often - usually on a punter intentionally taking a safety instead of allowing a TD.

Soonermagik
12/31/2009, 09:49 PM
Normally, I don't hate on the refs, but this just over the top horrible.

It seemed the refs were just trying to hose us. When Harbaugh cried to the refs they took away the flag for tackling Broyles on the kick return. Oh well.. we won even with the terrible calls.

Without the terrible calls we win by a few touchdowns.

BlownGP
12/31/2009, 10:27 PM
Add two more...

1. Horrendous pushed into the returner call, on Broyles. If that was a fact, then it was a BLOCK IN THE BACK! Not even close to being forced into the returner.

2. Ryan Broyles left foot sends rubber pellets flying. But DOESN'T touch the ground? lol

YES,, OMG.. I was about to blow up my damn TV... I couldn’t believe they gave the ball to Stanford on the Broyles punt return.

CBUS_SOONER
12/31/2009, 10:33 PM
give em a break. The Big 11 refs are used to watching very slow football.

CU Sooner
12/31/2009, 10:46 PM
No joke, how many times did they stop play while we were at the line calling a play for an official timeout.

rawlingsHOH
12/31/2009, 11:18 PM
Moore pulled the ball away long after the whistle blew and the play had been signaled a TD. That was a great play by Ronnell Lewis to knock that ball out of there. A great upper-cut right on the ball - and Gerhart is very strong and does not fumble. Nelson should have recovered, but muffed it.

Fumbles 3 times today. Though one was OB.

BoulderSooner79
12/31/2009, 11:52 PM
Fumbles 3 times today. Though one was OB.

Yep - and hats off to our D. That punch at the goal line by Lewis was a forced fumble, not a mistake. What I meant was that I watched a lot of Gerhart and he is not a fumbler. He has strong hands and uses good technique to protect the ball. My meaning was that Lewis made a great play and should have saved us points had we followed through with the recovery.

rawlingsHOH
12/31/2009, 11:56 PM
Lewis is a monster. I bet he knocks out a lot more balls before his career is over.

soonerinabilene
1/1/2010, 12:04 AM
every gameday, you start this sort of thread, but today it is well deserved. worst officiating ive seen all year. even the announcers, who had basically done nothing but swallow gerharts load all day, said broyles caught that pass in bounds.

rawlingsHOH
1/1/2010, 01:22 AM
every gameday, you start this sort of thread, but today it is well deserved. worst officiating ive seen all year. even the announcers, who had basically done nothing but swallow gerharts load all day, said broyles caught that pass in bounds.
No, only when deserved.

The first half of the Texas A&M game was the worst officiating of the season. Stanford probably a close second. The worst of 08 was a blowout win at Washington.

And I thought a few of our losses were some of the better officiated games; Nebraska, Miami, etc.

VA Sooner
1/1/2010, 02:42 AM
Bad calls going against Broyles... both times. I was yelling at my TV... scared my 5 year-old.