PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Taylor

Okie35
12/31/2009, 02:35 PM
I really hope he bounces back from that. It was not a pretty sight. I saw from his knee down completely turned the other way:( . He's tough though. He will be back in full strength next season, I know it.

JLEW1818
12/31/2009, 02:38 PM
does anybody have an "idea" on what type of foot injury it was ? how long he will be out?

chad
12/31/2009, 02:43 PM
does anybody have an "idea" on what type of foot injury it was ? how long he will be out?

It was the kind that turns his foot 180 degrees. :eek:

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj266/tallguy108/e1e92632.jpg

lloyd45
12/31/2009, 02:44 PM
dude the injury just happened, give it some time.

I'll say this though, it looked hooooooooooorible. Too bad the game wasn't on abc, we'd be able to see the injury with 15 different angles. abc/espn don't care about the kids and respect for their families.

Kudos to cbs for showing some compassion.

OUHOMER
12/31/2009, 02:45 PM
DAmn, is that his toes facing down?

lloyd45
12/31/2009, 02:59 PM
cbs reporting broken leg, hmm i think we can all figure that out from the pic

Landthief 1972
12/31/2009, 03:06 PM
Would have been nice to hear that on the net radio feed, too bad the Animal is spamming me with bad car commercials for 10 minutes a pop.

Ground_Attack
12/31/2009, 03:18 PM
my goodness. Godspeed to Adrian Taylor in his recovery.

rawlingsHOH
12/31/2009, 03:48 PM
Stanfords o line is dirty like the broncos of the ninties

mightysooner
12/31/2009, 06:34 PM

It's not a foot injury. It's a compound fracture if he's lucky. Worst case scenario, a spiral fracture which is what it looks like to me. I think his career is over but I hope I'm wrong.

RedstickSooner
12/31/2009, 06:37 PM
Stanfords o line is dirty like the broncos of the ninties

I never would've pegged Stanford for a bunch of *********s, but after watching that c*&^sucker coach of theirs lobbying for a pass when they tried to kill Broyles before he fielded the punt, I've got a new team for my loathing list.

BoulderSooner79
12/31/2009, 06:38 PM
Bone breaks can look much worse than they are because of the awkward visual. But if it is a clean break and no traumatic soft tissue damage, it can heal 100% in a few months time. I hope this is the case.

Okie35
12/31/2009, 06:40 PM
He will be back and 100% next year... a broken leg only takes around a few months to heal. Then he'll have rehab to be able to get back at full strength he might miss spring practice but won't miss any regular season games next year.

Okie35
12/31/2009, 06:41 PM
Bone breaks can look much worse than they are because of the awkward visual. But if it is a clean break and no traumatic soft tissue damage, it can heal 100% in a few months time. I hope this is the case.

It was from what I know and they put it back in place and in a cast before he was carted out.

rawlingsHOH
12/31/2009, 06:42 PM
They took out Beal. They got McCoy.

Stanford, dirty.

soonerbrat
12/31/2009, 06:43 PM
It's not a foot injury. It's a compound fracture if he's lucky. Worst case scenario, a spiral fracture which is what it looks like to me. I think his career is over but I hope I'm wrong.

was it compound? (bone sticking thru skin)?

Petro-Sooner
12/31/2009, 06:43 PM
I can only imagine the pain he was in. Pray he heals soon.

mightysooner
12/31/2009, 06:49 PM
was it compound? (bone sticking thru skin)?

The pressure boot they put on his leg leads me to believe it was, yes, but I'm not 100% certain. I hope it's a compound and not a spiral. If it's a spiral, which it looks like right now from the picture, he's not coming back next year.

soonerbrat
12/31/2009, 06:50 PM
Bob Stoops says it's an ankle injury and he's having surgery tomorrow morning in his press conference just now

mightysooner
12/31/2009, 06:54 PM
That's a broken leg.

Okie35
12/31/2009, 06:54 PM
The pressure boot they put on his leg leads me to believe it was, yes, but I'm not 100% certain. I hope it's a compound and not a spiral. If it's a spiral, which it looks like right now from the picture, he's not coming back next year.

His bone wasn't out... and if its an ankle its even worse but he can recover before the season starts.

mightysooner
12/31/2009, 06:56 PM
How do you know his bone wasn't out? If his bone wasn't out, why was there a pressure boot on his leg?

Monster Zero
12/31/2009, 07:09 PM
dude the injury just happened, give it some time.

I'll say this though, it looked hooooooooooorible. Too bad the game wasn't on abc, we'd be able to see the injury with 15 different angles. abc/espn don't care about the kids and respect for their families.

Kudos to cbs for showing some compassion.

Yeah.

Piware
12/31/2009, 07:11 PM
They took out Beal. They got McCoy.

Stanford, dirty.

The hit on Broyles was pretty bad too. Stink level exceeded only by the call that followed it.

hawaii 5-0
12/31/2009, 07:15 PM
Probably a fracture dislocation of the distal tibia and fibula. Reduce it, plate and screw it. Hopefully surgery will set him right for next season.

5-0

PLaw
12/31/2009, 07:16 PM
God speed to a successful rehab and recovery - you are a big talent and this fan certainly appreciates your great play this season. C'mon back home and we'll head to Buck and Loon's to let pound some burgers.

BOOMER

BoulderSooner79
12/31/2009, 07:28 PM
I didn't see any dirty play against Broyles or McCoy. The guy mis-judged the punt on Broyles, but I'm sure a 15 yard penalty was not his intention (but the ref waving off the flag was *filthy*). The O-line guy just stumbled and fell on McCoy.

Now on Beal, it looked like a chop block to me, but there was not a great camera angle. I didn't see what happened to Taylor and I'm too scared to go back and watch :eek: :eek: :eek:

okiedokie
12/31/2009, 07:46 PM
that pic looks bad. God's speed on the recovery!!

delhalew
1/1/2010, 12:12 PM
That's the only thing about them not showing the gruesome injury, I didn't catch how it happened.

soonerboomer93
1/1/2010, 12:25 PM
Hopefully everything goes well.

I'm glad I didn't see any replays of that.

BoulderSooner79
1/1/2010, 01:05 PM
There wasn't much to see on the replay. Just a big pileup and a terrible discovery when they un-piled.

cvsooner
1/1/2010, 01:07 PM
Uh...no. # 52 for Stanford (don't know his name) is lying on the ground and reaches out and grabs Taylor's right leg (the unbroken one) and knocks it out from under him. Somewhere in all that, I suspect Taylor's left leg is going the other way. It was a cheap shot to yank his leg out from under him like that. Lousy, dirty play.

soonerhubs
1/1/2010, 01:12 PM
David De Castro is #52. He's their Center. Do you have a video of it?

sooner518
1/1/2010, 01:47 PM
i didnt see anything real dirty on that play. it looked like his leg got caught underneath some guys and he got his other leg knocked out from under him somehow...

cvsooner
1/1/2010, 02:08 PM
I'll see if I can transfer it from my TiVo to my computer and edit it down. And as for his other leg getting "knocked out from under him somehow..." that was directly due to DeCastro sweeping his arm under Taylor's leg.

delhalew
1/1/2010, 02:13 PM
That's what I wondered about. I thought maybe another chop block...

delhalew
1/1/2010, 02:16 PM
One thing is that galvanized our boys. Much like the hit on Broyles.

I'll never forget Taylor leaving on the cart, obviously in incredible pain, and his firing up of his teammates.

OUmillenium
1/1/2010, 02:38 PM
Yeah, that was cool. Traber said on the commerical animal that the team was business like and not too fired up, but all througout the game I thought the Sooners were very jacked, particularly on defense. + RLs big hits on special teams were legen...dary.

FULLSTERKER
1/1/2010, 03:04 PM
Uh...no. # 52 for Stanford (don't know his name) is lying on the ground and reaches out and grabs Taylor's right leg (the unbroken one) and knocks it out from under him. Somewhere in all that, I suspect Taylor's left leg is going the other way. It was a cheap shot to yank his leg out from under him like that. Lousy, dirty play.

I was re-watching today on DVR, 52 grabs his good leg as he is going low, which caused the injury becasue it pinned him in a position that he couldn't adjust from. If his leg hadn't been pinned down by 52 he could have had a chance to fall back at a diffrent angle and maybe avoid the injury. Now I don't believe that 52 meant to hurt him becasue he would have no way of know the situation the other leg was in, I just believe he is a less than talented OL Hack who can only win his position battle if he plays around the ankles of the opponet. Of course this describles their whole line including that turncoat Bleeler. If you watch the game they go low the whole time. WEAK

OKC-SLC
1/1/2010, 04:09 PM
How do you know his bone wasn't out? If his bone wasn't out, why was there a pressure boot on his leg?

with all due respect, you don't know what you're talking about.

an air-filled pressure cast is used to stabilize a fracture at the site/field. sometimes the fracture will be reduced (realigned) prior to application of the cast, but other times it is used merely to hold the bones still so that further trauma from the fracture doesn't occur.

the use of a pressure boot/cast does not imply anything about the type of fracture--open/compound, closed, "spiral" (which incidentally is very unlikely able to be diagnosed even by an orthopedist using merely a TV shot), or otherwise.

soonerbrat
1/1/2010, 04:47 PM
i don't think he actually knew what a compound fracture was until I asked.

VA Sooner
1/1/2010, 05:40 PM
Fracture for sure. Hopefully just a tib or a fib... spare the ankle... would take longer to heal.

Broken bones... bad.

Broken ankle-tendons-ligaments... worse.

kbsooner
1/1/2010, 05:44 PM
I think there's little doubt both the tibia and fibula were fractured.

Collier11
1/1/2010, 05:45 PM
Just hope there isnt any serious nerve damage or infection issues

Okie35
1/1/2010, 06:03 PM
with all due respect, you don't know what you're talking about.

an air-filled pressure cast is used to stabilize a fracture at the site/field. sometimes the fracture will be reduced (realigned) prior to application of the cast, but other times it is used merely to hold the bones still so that further trauma from the fracture doesn't occur.

the use of a pressure boot/cast does not imply anything about the type of fracture--open/compound, closed, "spiral" (which incidentally is very unlikely able to be diagnosed even by an orthopedist using merely a TV shot), or otherwise.

Thanks for explaining that to him thoroughly because I was going to put it in lame-men's term.

Partial Qualifier
1/1/2010, 06:10 PM
"Lame-men's terms" ? What is that; some kind of sick joke???? ;)

cvsooner
1/1/2010, 09:13 PM
I was re-watching today on DVR, 52 grabs his good leg as he is going low, which caused the injury becasue it pinned him in a position that he couldn't adjust from. If his leg hadn't been pinned down by 52 he could have had a chance to fall back at a diffrent angle and maybe avoid the injury. Now I don't believe that 52 meant to hurt him becasue he would have no way of know the situation the other leg was in, I just believe he is a less than talented OL Hack who can only win his position battle if he plays around the ankles of the opponet. Of course this describles their whole line including that turncoat Bleeler. If you watch the game they go low the whole time. WEAK

# 52 DeCastro is ALSO the guy who chop blocked Beal. So...I'm not so sure he didn't mean to hurt someone.

FULLSTERKER
1/2/2010, 10:51 AM
# 52 DeCastro is ALSO the guy who chop blocked Beal. So...I'm not so sure he didn't mean to hurt someone.

Could be right, he did play at or below the knees anytime he had a chance. Reminds me of Denver Broncos, he even looks undersized like they used to look.

delhalew
1/2/2010, 11:41 AM
I hope Stoops, knowing we are concerned, will come out with something sooner rather than later.

MyT Oklahoma
1/2/2010, 12:00 PM
Wishing Adrian Taylor a full and speedy recovery.

VA Sooner
1/2/2010, 03:40 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with you, Adrian.

delhalew
1/2/2010, 05:34 PM
UPDATE:
Its not much, but its something.

http://www.newsok.com/surgery-goes-as-planned-for-ou-defensive-tackle-adrian-taylor/article/3429174

David Stanley Ford

Surgery goes as planned for OU defensive tackle Adrian Taylor
By Jake Trotter The Oklahoman Comments Comment on this article3
Published: January 2, 2010

OU football

Taylor’s surgery goes as planned
NORMAN — Oklahoma junior defensive tackle Adrian Taylor underwent surgery on his broken ankle Friday morning in Oklahoma City.

An OU official said the procedure went as planned.

Taylor broke the ankle while tackling Stanford running back Toby Gerhart during the first quarter of Thursday’s Sun Bowl.

Taylor has a long road of rehabilitation ahead in order to return for the 2010 season.

The break was so gruesome that CBS elected not to replay the injury on television.

Taylor had 37 tackles and 3.5sacks this season while earning honorable-mention All-Big 12 honors.

IronHorseSooner
1/2/2010, 08:15 PM
With him rehabbing, do we look to move one of the OL over to DL? I would look for a guy who won't make the two-deep, but has the size and agility to be successful. Any ideas?