PDA

View Full Version : Tuberville interested in Tech job.....

CaliBornSoonerBred
12/31/2009, 01:05 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4785127

Former Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville said Thursday he's interested in the Texas Tech opening.

"I would be very interested," Tuberville said. "I have family there. I have a lot of ties there. I've recruited Dallas and Houston and I think it would be a pretty good fit. Mike [Leach] did a good job and I think I could make the situation even better."

Tuberville and Baylor coach Art Briles are two logical candidates, according to sources familiar with the pending search to replace Mike Leach. Leach was fired Wednesday after 10 seasons with the Red Raiders.

Interim coach Ruffin McNeil, the team's defensive coordinator, will lead Texas Tech in the Valero Alamo Bowl on Jan. 2 against Michigan State Spartans.

Tuberville and Auburn parted ways in 2008 after his team went 5-7 in his 10th season at the school.

In 2004, Tuberville received national coach of the year awards after leading the Tigers to a 13-0 record.

Tuberville averaged 8.5 wins in his 10 seasons, taking Auburn to eight consecutive bowls. He also coached at Ole Miss.

SoonerLB
12/31/2009, 01:10 PM
Texas Tech doesn't deserve a good coach after this debacle. Just sayin' ...

VA Sooner
12/31/2009, 01:13 PM
Agreed.

How much do you think Tech is willing to spend if they were trying to be cheap with Leach? Tread carefully, Tech... your immediate football future depends on wise choices.

Blues1
12/31/2009, 01:15 PM
Yep ~ Tuberville might be a Good Choice with whats out there now...or maybe Tommy Bowden....?

What will The Texas Tech players do that really are upset over Leach being Fired..??
Play their Hearts out in the Bowl game ...? or just give up..??

BoulderSooner79
12/31/2009, 01:21 PM
Tuberville and his 13pts/game SEC offense will go over like a turd in the punch bowl with Tech fans.

ashley
12/31/2009, 02:12 PM
Look for somone to come in that will not fire the coaches.

OUinFLA
12/31/2009, 02:44 PM
hmm Tuberville gets hosed by the AD and Auburn higher ups for a couple of years and finally gets dismissed........ Im thinkin he looks at Tech as being in an evironment he is used to.
He's a better man than Tech's administration deserves.