delhalew
12/31/2009, 09:31 AM
For this year they own it.

Crucifax Autumn
12/31/2009, 09:57 AM
A VERY temporary condition.

RacerX
12/31/2009, 09:58 AM
Suh >>>>> all other defensive players in college football.

Husker In Oklahoma
12/31/2009, 10:14 AM
A VERY temporary condition.I think NU is here to stay. In fact, they might just be the pre-season Big 12 favorites next year. We'll see.

spatton713
12/31/2009, 10:23 AM
I think NU is here to stay. In fact, they might just be the pre-season Big 12 favorites next year. We'll see.

OU will be the favorite

IronHorseSooner
12/31/2009, 10:48 AM
OU will be the favorite

Next year will be a rebuilding year for a lot of the Big XII. A lot of name players leave, and every team in the conference has critical questions to answer. That all being said, it would not shock me one iota to see OU-NU face off for the Big XII Title next year.

1. UTerus loses a lot of key play-makers on both sides of the ball, and their kicker who saved their arses many times over the last couple of years.

2. The other threat in the South, TT, is in absolute shambles, and they deserve to be for what happened to Coach Leach.

3. A&M and Baylor are probably contenders in 2011, as both still have some very young, but talented, guys.

4. OSU is in complete rebuild mode. They are virtually in the same boat as UTerus.

In the North:
1. KU is in the same boat as TT. Gill's going to be a good coach, but that team, if Briscoe leaves, is devoid of talent, and is coming off of a disappointing season.

2. Mizzou loses a good bit on both sides of the ball, but Gabbert is going to be a good QB, if he stays healthy.

3. KSTATE will be in the hunt, but that team is being retooled. Remember, they lost to UL-LA last year.

4. ISU had a good year, by their standards, and have the most seasoned QB in the conference with Arnaud. Even though they beat NU this year, they are at best a .500 team next year.

5. CU has the talent to compete for a Big XII crown, but I don't think that Hawkins is the answer. As long as his son is on campus, it will be a distraction on the team. Their back-up is better, but he went back to his son again, even after he was seriously struggling.

OU and NU will be very similar on D next year with both losing their superstar DTs. Both have questions to answer on offense. NU will also lose their best kicker in a decade with Henery. OU is probably going to be better on special teams. I give a slight edge to OU in this. My preseason Big XII:

North:
1. NU
2. MU
3. KSU
4. ISU
5. CU
6. KU

South:
1. OU
2. UTerus
3. A&M
4. TT
5. Baylor
6. OSU

Husker In Oklahoma
12/31/2009, 11:10 AM
NU will also lose their best kicker in a decade with Henery.
He is only a sophomore I believe.

Widescreen
12/31/2009, 11:25 AM
He's a junior.

IronHorseSooner
12/31/2009, 11:40 AM
Well, my mistake. I guess the commentators last night misled me to believe that he was a senior. Shame on me as a former kicker not having the full info on another kicker, and a real good one at that. No joke, anytime NU gets the ball inside of the 40, they are a threat to score with him. If he isn't a pro kicker when he leaves, something is wrong. That being said, I think OU-NU might be a dead heat next year.

mightysooner
12/31/2009, 11:42 AM
I was impressed watching NU's D last night. They are a disciplined unit across the board. No blown coverages. Never overran a play or got out of their gaps. They hit like freight trains. Pelini has done a hell of a job with that unit. Also, I watched their kicker and dreamed of better days in Sooner land as he nailed every kick with ice in his veins like it was nothing to him.

Rickety_Syd
12/31/2009, 11:43 AM
People do this every year . . . just because a team loses several star players, it's assumed that team can't possibly be as good next year . . . no one knows the quality of players these teams have that are supposed to be in "rebuilding" mode . . . OU loses quality players every single season, yet somehow they manage to keep winning . . . it's called recruiting . . .

Widescreen
12/31/2009, 12:23 PM
There are some players that leave that absolutely will cause a drop-off. Suh is one of those players. I don't care who they have waiting in the wings, their front will not be as good next year.

TXBOOMER
12/31/2009, 12:40 PM
Well, my mistake. I guess the commentators last night misled me to believe that he was a senior. Shame on me as a former kicker not having the full info on another kicker, and a real good one at that. No joke, anytime NU gets the ball inside of the 40, they are a threat to score with him. If he isn't a pro kicker when he leaves, something is wrong. That being said, I think OU-NU might be a dead heat next year.

The boy is a fool if he doesn't come out this year. He will get drafted with a contract and guaranteed money based on his field goals this year. If he gets mental and sucks next year he will be trying out. Kickers above all others need to strike whjile the iron is hot. Their O will be as bad or worse next year. I don't care how good your up and comers are you don't lose Suh and that Safety and not miss the F out of them.

TUSooner
12/31/2009, 01:22 PM
I have to say that the Nebbish defense was pretty marvelous the last couple of months. I'd say NU is "back."

bringit
12/31/2009, 01:51 PM
I'd say the Neb D is back