PDA

View Full Version : RUSH LIMBAUGH TAKEN TO HOSPITAL

swardboy
12/30/2009, 10:36 PM
Please keep it classy folks....

Report: Rush Limbaugh taken to Hawaii hospital
Dec 30 10:02 PM US/Eastern

HONOLULU (AP) - A Honolulu television station is reporting that conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh was taken to a hospital with chest pains. KITV reported Wednesday that paramedics responded to a call at 2:41 p.m. from the Kahala Hotel and Resort where Limbaugh is vacationing.
The station, citing unnamed sources, said paramedics treated Limbaugh and took him to The Queen's Medical Center in serious condition.
Queen's spokesman N. Makana Shook says the hospital is unable to comment on the report.
Limbaugh was seen golfing at Waialae Country Club earlier this week. The country club is next to the Kahala Hotel and Resort.

StoopTroup
12/30/2009, 10:37 PM
Classy?

How we supposed to pull that off?

85Sooner
12/30/2009, 10:50 PM
By having some class, do you know the meaning of the word?

Frozen Sooner
12/30/2009, 10:58 PM
You mean kind of like the opposite of how you handled Ted Kennedy's death?

Hope Rush pulls through.

StoopTroup
12/30/2009, 11:08 PM
Even if he doesn't make it...he's already done his best work already right? It's not like we'd miss him...right? You all could buy all his old broacasts and put them on your Ipods and listen to them over and over.

picasso
12/30/2009, 11:43 PM
Where would we all be without the intranets.

olevetonahill
12/31/2009, 12:15 AM
So HE's the Friend that obamaer left the golf course for ?
Woulda never thunk it :D

lexsooner
12/31/2009, 12:22 AM
He's only 58, too young for even more serious health issues. I hope he pulls through ok.

MR2-Sooner86
12/31/2009, 12:26 AM
He's only 58, too young for even more serious health issues. I hope he pulls through ok.

Never be surprised by age. My friend's dad died from a heart attack and he was only 42.

GrapevineSooner
12/31/2009, 12:29 AM
I'll be praying for Rush just like I was praying for President Clinton to recover from his bypass surgery in 2004.

Or when I found out Senator Kennedy was diagnosed with a brain tumor.

Unfortunately, news like this tends to bring out the worst among of us in the political arena. And shows just how divisive politics is these days.

soonerscuba
12/31/2009, 02:57 AM
Looks like he's going to be OK, good deal.

King Barry's Back
12/31/2009, 03:07 AM
Never be surprised by age. My friend's dad died from a heart attack and he was only 42.

One of my best friends and fellow OU grads barely survived a heart attack at 42, and counts himself extremely lucky to be with us today.

And just last week Brittany Murphy died of a heart attack at 32.

So, yeah, never take it for granted.

King Barry's Back
12/31/2009, 03:19 AM
Even if he doesn't make it...he's already done his best work already right? It's not like we'd miss him...right? You all could buy all his old broacasts and put them on your Ipods and listen to them over and over.

Not sure what you are trying to say, and I guess it was tongue in cheek -- but let's play it straight.

No, I don't agree with your statement at all.

Rush Limbaugh is entertaining because he is talking about the events of the day. Nobody listens to Limbaugh reruns. I mean, he occassionally runs "Best of Rush" programs, but that's just when they can't find a substitute or nothings go on in politics -- i.e. August. And I bet the ratings are way down.

And as to "he's already done his best work," that's hard to say. When I started listening to his show in 1991, it was more entaining, had more spoofs and cartoon-like gags. I enjoyed it more.

But today's show is more professional, and more analytical. He's a more serious observer of the political scene -- in other words, he has moved towards the role of a proper pundit rather than showman.

So I guess it's what you prefer, but many would consider his work better now.

StoopTroup
12/31/2009, 06:41 AM
I'll be praying for Rush just like I was praying for President Clinton to recover from his bypass surgery in 2004.

Or when I found out Senator Kennedy was diagnosed with a brain tumor.

Unfortunately, news like this tends to bring out the worst among of us in the political arena. And shows just how divisive politics is these days.

That's pretty much right on. I just felt like rilin' Sward up a bit.

Some may not realize that although I don't particulaly care For Rush's Show anymore....there was a time when he was very good at what he did. I always felt it took a turn for the worse after his TV Show ended.

I hope he's OK.

I bet Obama must have took him for some dough on the course and it might have been to much for him.

12/31/2009, 07:02 AM
He's a person and I wish him well. I wish his family well.

lexsooner
12/31/2009, 12:14 PM

Hope Rush pulls through.

Ha, ha, touche', OWNED! Too easy. I am glad Rush is ok.

Ike
12/31/2009, 12:56 PM
Now that they say he's OK, is he back to being fair game?

Opening shot:
"Had he, god forbid, actually died in the hospital in hawaii, would conservatives have believed his death certificate?"

Collier11
12/31/2009, 01:02 PM
Sometimes we all get so caught up in the differences in faith, politics, family, etc... that we seem to forget that we all are human beings

KC//CRIMSON
12/31/2009, 01:18 PM
I HOPE HE FAILS!

Hey-O!

SanJoaquinSooner
12/31/2009, 07:13 PM
I've got to believe God heard the prayers of Donks everywhere for his survival.

http://www.toonpool.com/user/500/files/rush_limbaugh_republican_face_396435.jpg

Scott D
12/31/2009, 07:20 PM
oh I see what you did there Ike...we'll have to wait for them to form the "Deathers" to really know if that'd happened. ;)

picasso
12/31/2009, 11:16 PM
I've got to believe God heard the prayers of Donks everywhere for his survival.

http://www.toonpool.com/user/500/files/rush_limbaugh_republican_face_396435.jpg

Like him or not. His show has run circles around anything the left has tried to put together. And that includes that pathetic failure Air America.

What really eats at them is that they have no answer for him.

Scott D
12/31/2009, 11:44 PM
So, say Rush had met his demise..as horrible as it would have been. Who would have been more upset....Republicans? Democrats? Purdue Pharma L.P?

picasso
12/31/2009, 11:46 PM
So, say Rush had met his demise..as horrible as it would have been. Who would have been more upset....Republicans? Democrats? Purdue Pharma L.P?

Probably his ex wives.

King Barry's Back
1/1/2010, 11:48 PM
Thanks to the other posters who said Rush was OK. First I'd heard of that. Glad to hear it.

On the "face of the Republican Party" thing. First comment - Fat jokes? Really? Isn't the Democrat party the party of inclusiveness and tolerance? If being fat is cause for ridicule on the part of Rush, then being fat is cause for ridicule, period. In other words, make fun of one fat person, you make fun of all. Is making fun of fat people really consistent with your ideals?

And don't the Dems have a fair share of fat people? And shouldn't you want to keep them aboard? Is making fun of them really in your interest?

Furthermore, Rush was fat 20 years ago. Like many of us, his weight varies, but he's been reasonably slim for a decade or more. You know, Bill Clinton USED to be fat. Would it make sense to use fat jokes against [I]him[I]?

And I'll throw out one other example. During the last few years of his life, Sen Ted Kennedy walked awkwardly, stooped over, shuffled his feet. And, to be honest, he was a big man, a very big man. I don't know when he gained the weight, but he must have weighed close to double his weight as in his 30s.

And for all that, and for all my disagreements with him, that man was a titan, and a gentleman. He would shuffle along the street, and you should have seen the tourists flock to him, with excitement and awe in their eyes.

Would you make fun of him for being fat?

Scott D
1/2/2010, 12:13 AM
I'd make fun of him for not only being fat, but for having a Bahstahn accent.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/2/2010, 12:35 AM
Thanks to the other posters who said Rush was OK. First I'd heard of that. Glad to hear it.

On the "face of the Republican Party" thing. First comment - Fat jokes? Really? Isn't the Democrat party the party of inclusiveness and tolerance? If being fat is cause for ridicule on the part of Rush, then being fat is cause for ridicule, period. In other words, make fun of one fat person, you make fun of all. Is making fun of fat people really consistent with your ideals?

And don't the Dems have a fair share of fat people? And shouldn't you want to keep them aboard? Is making fun of them really in your interest?

Furthermore, Rush was fat 20 years ago. Like many of us, his weight varies, but he's been reasonably slim for a decade or more. You know, Bill Clinton USED to be fat. Would it make sense to use fat jokes against [I]him[I]?

And I'll throw out one other example. During the last few years of his life, Sen Ted Kennedy walked awkwardly, stooped over, shuffled his feet. And, to be honest, he was a big man, a very big man. I don't know when he gained the weight, but he must have weighed close to double his weight as in his 30s.

And for all that, and for all my disagreements with him, that man was a titan, and a gentleman. He would shuffle along the street, and you should have seen the tourists flock to him, with excitement and awe in their eyes.

Would you make fun of him for being fat?IMHO Ted kennedy was a bad person. Very bad for America. Would that he was half the person his bro John was.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/2/2010, 01:23 AM

Would you make fun of him for being fat?

Hey to keep up with da pubs, we got to save our good Mr. Oxycontin shtick for when he actually dies.

KVTV is supposed to be showing an OU preseaon football show from 11-1130 this morning and instead I see a drunk driver's funeral.

You guys should be thankful to see this. I mean it's the only time we'll ever see Ted Kennedy on national TV sober... I also hear at the funeral the Dead Kennedys will be performing.

Ok, I just made my last joke. Lets respect the dead ok? Ted Kennedy is dead, its all just water under the bridge now.

Well, water and a lot of alcohol. ;)

picasso
1/2/2010, 10:56 AM
No comparison betwixt Limbo and Uncle Teddy.

One of them actually worked to earn his success.

MR2-Sooner86
1/2/2010, 11:34 AM
YES! My jokes were quoted! I'm moving up!

Here's the difference, Rush is an entertainer. If you don't like him then you can use something called dials on your radio.

Ted Kennedy got away with murder (literally) because of his last name and piggybacked off of his brother's success.

The only good thing Ted Kennedy did was he carried on the tradition of his brothers by dying with something lodged in his brain. Too dark?

85Sooner
1/2/2010, 11:38 AM
I never wished Ted Kennedy ill. I wished that he would not suffer. But did not run away from the fact that he was a killer,and criminal whose family built their vast fortune by using criminal behavior. There is a difference between the two I believe.

Fraggle145
1/2/2010, 07:24 PM

Hope Rush pulls through.

It's funny that we need to keep it classy for a drug abusing adulterer... :confused:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/2/2010, 09:30 PM
It's funny that we need to keep it classy for a drug abusing adulterer... :confused:We all know about his drugs. What you got on adultery?

Soonrboy
1/2/2010, 11:54 PM
way to bring up a very polarizing public figure and telling them to keep it classy. have you never read a thread in this forum?

lexsooner
1/3/2010, 02:32 PM
I never wished Ted Kennedy ill. I wished that he would not suffer. But did not run away from the fact that he was a killer,and criminal whose family built their vast fortune by using criminal behavior. There is a difference between the two I believe.

The point Frozen totally nailed and owned you on above deals with the issue of class or the lack thereof and the hypocrisy of your first post in this link trying to remind others to be "classy" when commenting about Rush's medical problems. Frozen merely pointed out being "classy" would be doing the opposite of how you acted in your postings about Ted Kennedy and his illness.

I recall you started a link making a joke out of Kennedy's seizure during the inauguration. Whether Ted was a bad or good person, or whether his family was good or bad, that showed a lack of class, plain and simple. Your sheer defensiveness in your post above pretty much gives you up, as you try to claim the Kennedys were such bad people that your comments were somehow ok or not without class. Sorry, that does not fly, and you can't dance around it. Touche', Frozen!

85Sooner
1/3/2010, 02:49 PM
Nice response, feel better now? ;0)

StoopTroup
1/3/2010, 03:01 PM
What happened to Kennedy? Is he OK?

SanJoaquinSooner
1/3/2010, 03:18 PM
What happened to Kennedy? Is he OK?

still working hard as ever...

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq66/CityLightsLover/KennedyInHeaven.jpg

SanJoaquinSooner
1/3/2010, 06:22 PM
I certainly don't hate Captain 4-F Anal Cyst. No doubt he has some good traits and he used them to gain fame and fortune. God Bless America. I admire him for acquiring the American Dream, much like I might admire a rap artist from the streets who makes it big. Some rap artists belittle women with bit*h and ho talk, while Rush holds up a picture of teenaged Chelsea Clinton to show his audience the "White House Dog." That kinda stuff makes him a pig in my book. He said someone gave him the picture by mistake, which makes him a pig and a liar.

As for Ted Kennedy, I was never a big supporter of him as I am more of a DLC Democrat - and I still haven't forgiven him for conspiring with the pubs to give us No Child Left Behind. In any case, he likely got off of a manslaughter conviction because of who he is. The "murderer" term thrown around is a stretch, as 99 times out of a 100 the average Joe would get manslaughter, not murder, unless maybe there were prior DUI convictions.

DeadSolidPerfect
1/3/2010, 07:32 PM
We all know about his drugs. What you got on adultery?

It's okay to make up racist quotes and adultery stories about Rush cause you know, it's Rush and he's eeeeevvviillllllllll.

Scott D
1/3/2010, 08:16 PM
Who needs to make up adultery stories when there's surfing for a wife on AOL while telling your listeners to never hook up with people on the internet stories. ;)