PDA

View Full Version : Kiki's Mexican Restaurant. El Paso.

Bosley
12/30/2009, 06:29 PM
I want to encourage anyone going to the game to hit up this gem of a restaurant when you're out there.

http://elpaso.citysearch.com/profile/10338444/el_paso_tx/kiki_s_restaurant_bar.html

It's called Kiki's and I can say without a shadow of a doubt they cooked up the best and most authentic Mexican food I've ever had, and I've been to a lot of "Mexican" joints across the country. The place is definitely a dive, but you'll leave knowing you had some of the best food you'll ever eat. Make sure to check it out.

Petro-Sooner
12/30/2009, 06:44 PM
Man I love some good messican. Wish I was going.

85sooners
12/30/2009, 07:07 PM
is it better than taco bell?

soonerboy
12/30/2009, 09:30 PM
I dont know, Taco Bell is a pretty solid place to eat! Especially when you have a serious hangover. :)

StoopTroup
12/30/2009, 10:25 PM
We went to a place in Las Cruzes today that had been there since 1950. They had some hot suace that only I could eat. :D They had the red and green type of food choices. I of course went with the red. The tamales were really good, the enchiladas tasty...the beans...perect and the chips were good too.

I'll try and checkout Kiki's before I leave El Paso, Thanks!

btk108
12/30/2009, 10:44 PM
We went to a place in Las Cruzes today that had been there since 1950. They had some hot suace that only I could eat. :D They had the red and green type of food choices. I of course went with the red. The tamales were really good, the enchiladas tasty...the beans...perect and the chips were good too.

I'll try and checkout Kiki's before I leave El Paso, Thanks!

Green sauce!

Aries
12/30/2009, 10:45 PM
I ate at Kiki's while there last month and thought it was excellent.

StoopTroup
12/30/2009, 10:49 PM
Green sauce!

Once we're bringing the Sun Bowl Trophy Home to Norman...I'll try the green sauce.

btk108
12/30/2009, 10:50 PM
:D

instigator
12/30/2009, 11:13 PM
Was really wanting a recommendation for authentic Mexican. Thanks a ton! We'll try to check it out.

Bosley
12/31/2009, 04:08 AM
When my grandfather died in New Mexico a couple years ago I had to fly into El Paso to get to the funeral on time. Two of my uncles I'm very close to picked me up and we ended up at Kiki's. I remember having a few beers with the guys, ordering some roasted jalapinos after the meal and shared some memories of their dad and my grandpa. Been back a few times since. I've eaten at a lot of really nice places across the country in my last job, but I put this place in my top 5.

Definitely a special place, make sure to tell friends if you like it.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/2/2010, 11:00 AM
Troup and I hit up Kiki's after the game and I must say A++....I had the burrito special and my wife ate the fajitas.....

Thanks for the lead on the great mexican food

King Crimson
1/2/2010, 11:08 AM
sounds great. would have been up for the road trip last week when i was in Norman and OKC....but the weather would have been prohibitive. but, thanks for the rec. i'll give it a shot next time i'm visiting the folks.

owenfieldreams
1/2/2010, 05:49 PM
That would be authentic Tex-mex. Authentic mexican is a whole 'nother deal.

SoonerMom2
1/2/2010, 10:51 PM
It was awesome -- we went to the restaurant on Wednesday for lunch before going to fan fest that night. El Paso was a neat place to visit and wouldn't mind going back although everyone we talked to from the hotel to the people working the game said how much they loved the Sooners playing in the game but didn't want us back next year but wanted us to go to the BCS. First Sun Bowl person we met was from Elk City.

Really glad we went. It was worth it to see Bob Stoops get off the bus with the team and to see his smile when he saw a whole group of Sooner fans cheering. When you saw our painted semi against their rented one, it spoke volumes about the Sooners and tradition. Really proud to be recognized as a Soonerfan in El Paso and everywhere in between when we stopped.

Other then the rude Stanford band playing through the awards ceremony and their dumb halftime show, it was a great time.

yermom
12/31/2010, 01:18 PM
think i'm gonna try this place this time :D

StoopTroup
12/31/2010, 01:29 PM
It was busy....It was good though. Winning a Bowl Game makes everything better too.

jkjsooner
12/31/2010, 02:53 PM
That would be authentic Tex-mex. Authentic mexican is a whole 'nother deal.

While you may be correct, half of the time people make these claims they think that what they ate in Cancun (seafood) is what Mexicans eat every day.

StoopTroup
12/31/2010, 02:54 PM
I could use a margarita and some chips and dip

StoopTroup
12/31/2010, 02:56 PM
Troup and I hit up Kiki's after the game and I must say A++....I had the burrito special and my wife ate the fajitas.....

Thanks for the lead on the great mexican food

Any good Restaurants your way? We have to come down and festivale with you soon.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/3/2011, 10:21 AM
Italian places to eat...Giacomo's, Pete's, Roseanne's....KFC