PDA

View Full Version : RaiderPower.com melt-down

PLaw
12/30/2009, 06:10 PM
Those W-Tex sand aggies are taking "melt down" to a whole new level. As in most cases, the truth lies somewhere between Leach's Band of Pirates and the James Gang.

Tech has always been a "red headed" step-child compared to the two, land grant universities. Obviously, Leach's success has been problematic for UT and TAMU.

In this case our hero, coach Leach, gets run out of town by the villians Myers, Hance, and Bailey. Apparently, Bailey is a big Aggie appointed to TTU's board of reagents by Gov. Perry, another big Aggie. The Leach contract extension is well documented and must have been a major embarrassment for Myers. My bet is Myers has been plotting with Bailey for the right occasion to throw the hammer at Leach. Fact is, you don't mess with Big Man Gerald in the Hub City.

Enter villian No. 4, Craig James who apparently puts Mitch Mustain's dad to shame. Craig's boy appears to be on the prima dona road of destruction. Adam gets dinged up at a practice and gets diagnosed with a "mild concussion".

Because injured players are required to participate at practice and not just hang out at Weymouth chasing Chitwood coed's, Adam shows wearing sunglasses recommended by his MD. Our hero, wanting to make sure little Adam doesn't get sun overexposure instructs the lad to go to the practice field equipment shed and on another day to the stadium media room.

Adam whines to Papa who plays right into Myers hands. Voila! We have another "abusive" coach firing. EJ Holub, Donny Anderson, Zach Thomas, Gabe Riveria, James Hadnot, Michael Crabtree, and Wes Welker all collectively roll their eyes. And no doubt the Aggies will pick up their share of recruiting decommits.

Welcome to the old Southwest Conference politics, ya'll.

BOOMER

swardboy
12/30/2009, 06:54 PM
Thank you for mentioning Donny Anderson. I was trying to think of the name of old #44 for the Green Bay Packers a few days ago.

Seems to be a split among TTU fans over this on the Scout board...but they are delusional in thinking they'll get a "name" coach to follow Leach.

85sooners
12/30/2009, 07:06 PM
**** the red faggots

Sooner in Tampa
12/31/2009, 06:46 AM
**** the red faggots
Come on man...tell us how you really feel...don't hold back

StoopTroup
12/31/2009, 07:00 AM
Being a Tech Fan doesn't look easy. Leach gave them hope. Now they're screwed.

How much do we hang on them next year?

50?

60?

100?

:D

Crucifax Autumn
12/31/2009, 08:49 AM
I hope they lose every game except texass

sozo
12/31/2009, 09:04 AM
As Bear Bryant rolls over in his grave.:rolleyes:

MyT Oklahoma
12/31/2009, 09:44 AM
Talk about dumb and dumber. Close call. Really close call.

OUmillenium
12/31/2009, 09:48 AM
The one thing I liked about Texas Tech is no more. Now I can let my hatred flow and embrace the full power of the Sooner side.

PLaw
12/31/2009, 10:08 AM
Being a Tech Fan doesn't look easy. Leach gave them hope. Now they're screwed.

How much do we hang on them next year?

50?

60?

100?

:D

The question should be how many points will tech score next year? Those numbers above could be season totals.

Boomer Sooner '60
TTU BSME '83

Bud_Wilkinson
12/31/2009, 10:15 AM
I hate the way ESPN is spinning this against Leach and for Craig James.

soonervegas
12/31/2009, 10:22 AM
ESPN makes the news........

meoveryouxinfinity
12/31/2009, 11:33 AM
xXWdwW08ksA

mightysooner
12/31/2009, 11:37 AM
I hate the way ESPN is spinning this against Leach and for Craig James.

They really rallied around their boy last night didn't they? And does anyone here besides me want to punch Mark May in the throat every time he gives his opinion on anything Big XII related?

Eielson
12/31/2009, 11:53 AM
They really rallied around their boy last night didn't they? And does anyone here besides me want to punch Mark May in the throat every time he gives his opinion on anything Big XII related?

Yeah, it doesn't necessarily have to be Big XII related, though.

OUinFLA
12/31/2009, 11:57 AM
^^
In

meoveryouxinfinity
12/31/2009, 12:03 PM
I don't think Adam James did anything for himself. I don't think any team will let him within 10 feet of their football facilities.

TXBOOMER
12/31/2009, 12:44 PM
Did Boo Blake change his name to Ruffin McNeill? I hope they hire him as the head man.

TUSooner
12/31/2009, 01:14 PM
I'll say this about Mark May: He's evidently not paid to provide information, but only to voice his opinions. He does that in an articulate and intelligent way, even when he's totally stinking wrong, like he is most of the time.

VA Sooner
12/31/2009, 01:17 PM
I don't think Adam James did anything for himself. I don't think any team will let him within 10 feet of their football facilities.

There will be a fear in taking him now...

Except maybe.... SMU? :O

proudsoonergal
12/31/2009, 01:23 PM
I hope they lose every game except texass

And Oklahoma State.

delhalew
12/31/2009, 01:25 PM
We all know what ESPN really is, but even so, I am amazed by their handling of this.

Players have come out on both sides, but they only quote the disgruntled punks that critcize Leach.

Still today I have heard Leach should defend himself, come to find out he has...they just aren't reporting it.

Repeatedly giving James a platform for his side, and using the most contravesial language possible to describe the incident...locked,shed,ect.

ESPN is just as guilty of defimation as anyone else.

Blues1
12/31/2009, 01:47 PM
We all know what ESPN really is, but even so, I am amazed by their handling of this.

Players have come out on both sides, but they only quote the disgruntled punks that critcize Leach.

Still today I have heard Leach should defend himself, come to find out he has...they just aren't reporting it.

Repeatedly giving James a platform for his side, and using the most contravesial language possible to describe the incident...locked,shed,ect.

ESPN is just as guilty of defimation as anyone else.

Amen ~~~ Anyone with a eight grade education can see how Espn is SPINNING This.....I hope Mike can Sue Espn as well ....

Go get them Mike....!!!

bluedogok
12/31/2009, 02:52 PM
There will be a fear in taking him now...

Except maybe.... SMU? :O
It seems June doesn't want him either.

lloyd45
12/31/2009, 02:54 PM
espn should be ashamed of their coverage. painfully obvious they have an agenda.

Go Down, Moses
12/31/2009, 03:17 PM
Some of the posts over there are hilarious!

ashley
12/31/2009, 03:26 PM
Go to you tube to see what Hitler thought of Leach getting fired.

TAFBSooner
12/31/2009, 04:30 PM
Egomaniacs
Supporting
Political
assassiNation

GKeeper316
12/31/2009, 04:46 PM
whats really funny is craig james, who was a part of that SMU team that earned a death penalty from the ncaa, effectively destroying thier football program for almost 30 years, is the one making all the noise here.

hes a whiney little bitch and hes managed to raise a son just like him.

badger
12/31/2009, 07:15 PM
I checked out that board at halftime because, well, we had a 7 point deficit at the half and I know some of you boys can be pretty moody when OU's behind... I know, because my guy was not happy in person :D

Anyway, this just makes me look forward to the Alamo Bowl more, because face it, Tech fans are not friendly or good people (for the most part, not talkin' about some of you cool Tech fans). I saw they are already plotting for shirts that are worse than the Vick 'Ems they had planned for the aTm game last year. They would rather see their administrators fired than Leach. They have no sympathy for a former Smoooooo player that once got paid to play college football that now gets paid to talk college football for Espen, nor his son, that apparently couldn't cut it on Tech's baseball team either before joining the football team.

Having Craig James on ESPN saying that his family is still the victim and that they didn't ask for this is just eye-roll worthy and RaiderPower.com is going uber nuts.

Well... sucks to be you guys. I'd rather beat you every year, so I am sad for Leach, but know a guy like that will land on his feet somewhere. Tech on the other hand... well, Lubbock has no trees, and soon, they'll have more trees than football.

Rogue
12/31/2009, 07:55 PM
The side not shown on ESPN (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5Q_5nYwWLU)

Soonerfan88
12/31/2009, 09:35 PM
SMU is just now pulling itself out of the hole James helped put them in before so I really doubt they give him another chance to take down their program, especially after this fiasco. Baby James' football career is over - although they stupidly think he has a chance and reportedly has declared for the draft. :rolleyes:

TheHumanAlphabet
1/1/2010, 06:27 AM
...although they stupidly think he has a chance and reportedly has declared for the draft. :rolleyes:

Are you kidding me? He wasn't even good enough for playing time in Leach's pass happy offense...

SicEmBaylor
1/1/2010, 07:02 AM
Tech has always been a "red headed" step-child compared to the two, land grant universities.

Not to quibble, but Baylor is a land grant university.

Crucifax Autumn
1/1/2010, 07:14 AM
The side not shown on ESPN (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5Q_5nYwWLU)

The greatest moment in that story is when Leach's lawyer points out that the "shed" is used for storing dummies. :D

VA Sooner
1/1/2010, 10:26 AM
Plot thickens... this story has so many sides and so much going on...

www.bleacherreport.com/articles/316689-emails-from-tech-players-show-mike-leach-was-lied-about-by-crybaby-james

Biggest problem is that it wasn't handled internally first and after the bowl game. Big headache for the institution, the fan base, and ESPN. This isn't going away any time soon... and the legal battles are just now starting.

Who knew that Leach has a law degree from Pepperdine. Damned brilliant.

The truth will surface...

PLaw
1/1/2010, 11:21 AM
Not to quibble, but Baylor is a land grant university.

Just goes to show that you can learn something new everyday - so Baylor gets the royalties from the University Consolidated Leases in West Texas?

BOOMER

bluedogok
1/1/2010, 11:48 AM
Biggest problem is that it wasn't handled internally first and after the bowl game.
Then they would have had to execute the $800,000 payout, the timing of his dismissal was driven by the payout due December 31, 2009. If their bowl game had been prior to that, they probably wouldn't have fired him until after the game but since they don't play until January 2nd, they "needed" to dismiss him prior to that payout date. The money issue drove this entirely, if they didn't want him, they should never have signed him to a new contract last season, they should have just let him go.

SicEmBaylor
1/1/2010, 12:05 PM
Just goes to show that you can learn something new everyday - so Baylor gets the royalties from the University Consolidated Leases in West Texas?

BOOMER

I don't know about that part, but we were granted land from the state for the purpose of relocating the university to Waco from Independence.

SicEmBaylor
1/1/2010, 12:14 PM
Okay, evidently we're not a land-grant university.

We were given land by the state in Waco which is why we moved from Independence to Waco but evidently that doesn't make us a "Land-Grant" school.

:shrug:

Jacie
1/1/2010, 12:25 PM
Once the dust settles and a new coach is put in place (Tommy Tuberville is interested) I wonder what becomes of their program?

Under Spike Dykes, Tech was at best a second-tier program. The Red Raiders seemed to always finish with 5 or 6 losses (a great year was when they only lost 3) and never beat (but sometimes played close) teams like Oklahoma, sa*et, and an OOC biggie. The comparision to lOSUr was earned.

Mike Leach went to Lubbock and turned that program on it's ear. By being unconventional he made them believe anything was possible. Last year he took them to the top of the mountain, gave em a glimpse and a sniff of that rarified air only a handful of teams breath regularly. Unlike those teams, Tech has to rebuild rather than reload after great players move on. He would have brought them back but the administration has seen to it that he won't get that chance.

So . . . what happens next? New coach comes in and he won't be a Leach protege. Gone will be the Leach offense, the wide O-line splits, the 50-60 passes/game. Hello conventional football. Lubbock will go back to being a place for the kids who didn't get a look from OU or UT. They'll get good players but they won't ever again be knocking on the door of the clubhouse for the elite teams. Forget the BCS dream, Red Raiders. Prepare to go to your 10th Sun Bowl next year. Hey, maybe they will finally win one of those!

bluedogok
1/1/2010, 01:08 PM
...but the "inner circle" of Tech loves Spike because he was the same kind of West Texas Good 'ole Boy like them. I see them trying to find someone they can "control" which seems to be more important to them than winning football games.

From the email trail it seems they are hot for Briles, but would they pay his $1,000,000 a year remaining on his contract and given what he is making at Baylor would he leave there and go to Tech to deal with that administration? I don't think Ruffin or Sumlin will get a serious look, Ruffin will get an interview to satisfy the Black Coaches Association but I don't see him as a serious candidate. Mainly because he and Sumlin are not part of the West Texas GOB mafia, Briles is a Texas boy and much more similar to them but I don't think Briles goes either. I think they probably end up going after Sonny Dykes if they hope to keep something similar to the same system in place or Tubberville if they want to go for a name. A "dark horse" may be Gus Malzahn, he would be cheaper and runs an exciting offense, while not part of the WTGOBM he is more of a GOB type after being at Arkansas and Auburn than Leach is.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/1/2010, 02:00 PM
Amen ~~~ Anyone with a bulb in his socket can see how Espn is SPINNING This.....I hope Mike can Sue Espn as well ....

Go get them Mike....!!!upgraded, maybe.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/1/2010, 02:12 PM
So . . . what happens next? New coach comes in and he won't be a Leach protege. Gone will be the Leach offense, the wide O-line splits, the 50-60 passes/game. Hello conventional football. Lubbock will go back to being a place for the kids who didn't get a look from OU or UT. They'll get good players but they won't ever again be knocking on the door of the clubhouse for the elite teams. Forget the BCS dream, Red Raiders. Prepare to go to your 10th Sun Bowl next year. Hey, maybe they will finally win one of those!

This is why it's such a travesty. Leach knew what he was worth. The administration, apparently didn't. I guess this is what happens when you haven't been there before. The arrogance of the administration to think that Leach wasn't 100% responsible for the recent turnaround is sickening. Tubberville (if he takes/gets the job) will be stunned when he realizes he can't recruit players into his system at Tech. It's Lubbock for God's sake. You go to Tech if you're an o-lineman, qb, or wr. Why? TO PLAY IN MIKE LEACH'S SYSTEM AND GET NOTICED!!

Tech will go back to being mediocre, or worse, if this weighs heavily on the university like I think it will.

MamaMia
1/1/2010, 05:17 PM
Not to quibble, but Baylor is a land grant university.:D