PDA

View Full Version : taking it to the next level

misplacedsooner
12/29/2009, 12:46 AM
what do we need to get there? more time with this core? a big name free agent? and if so then who? package someone or ones for a big time post? we have some nice picks coming up in the next few years and our backcourt is solid for years to come although alot of people dont really like westbrook as a point for us we need him there. what do we need if we want to play for championships and not just playoffs?

starclassic tama
12/29/2009, 01:05 PM
need a big time post-player, and another shooter and we would be at that next level

ndpruitt03
12/29/2009, 01:07 PM
More experience and a big time post player. I don't think anyone expected the team to be this good this fast.

misplacedsooner
12/29/2009, 01:21 PM
posts are hard to come by though...jefferson? lopez? someone in an upcoming draft? i dont think mullens is gonna be the guy but i could be wrong. we picked him awful high on what he could possibly be...anyone think he is the answer?

ndpruitt03
12/29/2009, 01:31 PM
There's a chance Ibaka becomes one of the top defensive post players in the game as he grows.

misplacedsooner
12/29/2009, 01:47 PM
the younger gasol would be nice too....not that i wouldnt take the older one though but i doubt he is going anywhere.

the_ouskull
12/29/2009, 06:16 PM
Marc Gasol would be a f*cking coup for this team. It would allow us to turn Green into a cooler version of Ben Gordon, and we could start Nenad at his natural position, then. I mean, if we're bringing Green and Harden off of the bench at teams, we're NOT hurting, right? Lol.

But, since nobody in their right mind, named Chris Wallace, that GM's the Grizzlies would ever part with anybody named Gasol for pennies on the dollar, let's just forget about it.

So, in addition to the post presence that's already been mentioned, to get to the next level, this team needs to develop more consistency and playmaking from Westbrook. His 3 of 10 nights have to stop immediately. Ditto with his 5+ turnover nights. He's Russell Westbrook, not Allen Iverson's younger, taller brother.

This is a really young team, though, guys. Don't expect too much greatness from them, even though they're playing pretty well so far this season. They're still young, and they're still going to be impetuous, inconsistent, and, at times, impossible to figure out.

Just hang on, and enjoy the ride. Going from the bottom to the top is pretty f'in' fun.

Sincerely,
OU Football 1998-2000.

the_ouskull